• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"As seen on TV"

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • So, have you ever bought any of the products they show on TV? If so, were they any good? Or did they suck for you? Do you buy them from Walmart (or other stores that sell them)? Have you ever scammed yourself in buying them online/off the TV?

I wasn't sure where this belonged, so I just put it in The Treehouse. If it feels better in any other place, feel free to move. ^^

I just bought one of those Snackeez cups, and I love it. It makes it easier for me because I often carry a lot of stuff with me. ^^ I have off and on luck with different 'as seen on tv' products. I'm usually pretty iffy on buying them because they are known to suck. However, I tend to get them at Walmart or Walgreen's because there's always the high chance of taking them back. :P It's easier than buying them on TV and NOT being able to send them back or get your money returned to you, ya know?

So, what about you guys?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I have Hot Huez just for fun. Probably be good for a color run or a paint party, haha. But I've never bought anything off those expecting them to work or anything. I love to watch grav3yardgirl test out those products on her channel though. :P Glad someone is taking the plunge for everyone haha.

Sirfetch’d

I purchased a ShamWow once just because I loved the commercial for it! I also ordered a snuggie once but my dog started sleeping on it so I let him have it as a blanket lol

Years
  • Only thing I've ever bought (or asked to buy, I was a kid) based on something I saw on a tv commercial was some...hair thingy. Some ponytail twist thingy, google is giving me the name of "Topsy Tail", ah ha. Or at least it was something like that. Honestly, all I remember is that I saw the commercials, thought it was cool, and then suddenly my parents had one. Had them use it on me for a bit, then I think I got bored of having my hair styled like that (or at all).

I kind of want a snuggie though, not gonna lie. Maybe someday I'll finally break down and buy one.

I have Hot Huez just for fun. Probably be good for a color run or a paint party, haha. But I've never bought anything off those expecting them to work or anything. I love to watch grav3yardgirl test out those products on her channel though. :P Glad someone is taking the plunge for everyone haha.
    ...I just got back from the store where I noticed a box of that there (and was tempted for a moment to buy it because why not). Never seen it before and within the span of an hour I've seen it twice, so a bit creeped out right now. :P

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
    Years
  • I'm a proud owner of a leopard print snuggie.

No way! Me too! I loved that thing.

I got it for Christmas when I was 10 because I wouldn't stop bugging my parents about it, and they finally snapped and bought it.

I unfortunately lost it.

That was the only "As Seen On TV" product I remember actually wanting that wasn't a toy of some kind.

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2023
    I don't think I've ever gotten a product like that. None of them have ever really interested me.(Unless Hot Wheels counts, in which case I got a few of those when I was a little kid.)

Outlier

I bought the ab king after seeing it advertised on TV one day. I have trouble doing a proper sit up without someone or something holding my ankles down. It actually worked rather well but I used it so much that the skin in my popliteal region started to turn bright red and sting whenever pressure was applied to it.

Years
  • My mom bought me a pink Snuggie for Christmas once. I remember being really mad about it because I thought Snuggies were stupid. I was also unfortunately like 18-19 at the time so you think I would've handled it better.

My sister pointed out that Mom probably got it because I'm always cold and I like pink. Should've at least not said I hated it out loud. I gave it to my sister and she apparently liked it.

If I got one now I'd probably give it a chance, but I think a robe is easier to slip on and off. I ♥ my fuzzy robe.

I just bought one of those Snackeez cups, and I love it. It makes it easier for me because I often carry a lot of stuff with me. ^^ I have off and on luck with different 'as seen on tv' products. I'm usually pretty iffy on buying them because they are known to suck. However, I tend to get them at Walmart or Walgreen's because there's always the high chance of taking them back. :P It's easier than buying them on TV and NOT being able to send them back or get your money returned to you, ya know?

So, what about you guys?

iirc I bought Snackeez cups for White Elephant gift exchange last Christmas. Does it actually work well? I just thought it sounded funny enough for a White Elephant.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • My mom bought me a pink Snuggie for Christmas once. I remember being really mad about it because I thought Snuggies were stupid. I was also unfortunately like 18-19 at the time so you think I would've handled it better.

My sister pointed out that Mom probably got it because I'm always cold and I like pink. Should've at least not said I hated it out loud. I gave it to my sister and she apparently liked it.

If I got one now I'd probably give it a chance, but I think a robe is easier to slip on and off. I ♥ my fuzzy robe.

iirc I bought Snackeez cups for White Elephant gift exchange last Christmas. Does it actually work well? I just thought it sounded funny enough for a White Elephant.

I remember the snuggies. I had one too, and I couldn't figure the damn thing out. I ended up getting rid of it.

Well, I actually broke my last one. It cracked on the bottom and leaked. It's not that cup isn't durable though... just that we have hard tile flooring. XD I got another one, and yeah... I love them. ^^ I plan on trying to use it at my convention when I get the chance. It works pretty good so far.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Spoiler:

No but they show this commercial on TV literally every day and it makes me crave the miracle stone pot each and every time :( Once I buy a PS4, this is the next thing I'm gonna get.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Ive only bought 2 things that were As seen on TV from Walmart and Rite Aid, and of coarse one was a Snuggie and the other was hot hues to test on a friend but i never directly called in.

nimbo

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Snuggie, Shamwow, bacon bowl (nasty), cat scratching arch thing that the cats hated, and many, many more. I'm a sucker for those informercials lmao

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    the magic bullet has entranced and enticed me for years, alas i still have not tried it

Back