• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ask Draco!

Years
    Hi guys!

My name is Seth, more commonly known here as DraconianWing. I'm a 16-year-old who has lived and traveled to several countries throughout 3 continents around world. Right now I live in that one way up north, known to everyone as Canada.

In my spare time, I like to read, play video games, listen to music, ROM hack, and of course, break (known more commonly as breakdance)! I'm carrying development for Pokemon Sigma Emerald at the Sideshow Showcase. I'll listen to anything with a good beat and melody, so I find myself drawn to the Hip Hop, RnB, and Trap genres. Racing games are my forte, with WipEout and F-Zero being my favorite series; outside of that are RPG games, such as Monster Hunter and Final Fantasy Tactics. Sports and motorsport are of my interest, as well as participating in them. I'm currently in my second to the last year of high-school and plan to attend University for a career in either Automotive or Aerospace Engineering. Being an introvert, I can often come off as shy and awkward around others; I have to get to know someone before I can become comfortable talking to them.

I was one of those folks who joined PC for ROM hacks, later discovering how big and diverse the community really is. Despite being a member since 2012, my track record hasn't been the cleanest in terms of activity. It's about time that I opened more of myself as a person to you guys rather than just being a username that you see on a screen. Ask me anything!

Last edited:

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
    Years
    Who's your favorite music artist?

What is your favorite entry in the WipEout and F-Zero series?

What kind of car would you love to have?

What are some of your other favorite RPG games and/or series?

Years
    Who's your favorite music artist?

What is your favorite entry in the WipEout and F-Zero series?

What kind of car would you love to have?

What are some of your other favorite RPG games and/or series?
    - Most of my favorite artists are from the more "underground" side of music. Flosstradamus and Apex Rise are my go-to; their music is definitely not everyone's cup of tea, but I don't really mind a song that's purely instrumentals and without lyrics. As for mainstream music, Eminem and Travie McCoy are my top two.

- For WipEout, I'll go with HD for PS3 and Vita. With the amount of content and learning curve present in the game, you'll easily spend over 100 hours of gameplay. It runs at a solid 60fps at 1080p too, something that is rarely seen from a PS3. The Vita version manages to compress the entire game into a portable package, but at the cost of framerate. Climax is my favorite from F-Zero. It was sadly the last installment in the series, but included changes that made the game better for shorter bursts of gaming, yet still keeping it fast-paced. ie bringing down race laps from 5 to 3 and a new turbo system.

- I'm one of those people who love the design and technology put into European exotics. A 2015 Ferrari 458 Speciale or a 2014 McLaren 12C would be amazing to have (though they wouldn't make the best daily drivers, haha). For something more practical, I'd probably want a 2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am.

- Thinking of it now, Pokemon, Monster Hunter and Final Fantasy are the only RPG series that I've put a reasonable amount of time into. I've played Soul Sacrifice for the PS Vita and obtained the Platinum trophy, but I will admit that it gets quite repetitive towards end-game.

Years
    Out of all the places you've traveled so far, what are your favorites?

What weapons do you main and what are your favorite armor sets in Monster Hunter?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    How and why did you get into ROM hacking?

Are you allowed to reveal which countries have you been? If so which countries are they?

What do you think about the Fairy-type?

Years
    Out of all the places you've traveled so far, what are your favorites?

What weapons do you main and what are your favorite armor sets in Monster Hunter?
    - The ancient volcano at Lyttleton Harbour in New Zealand. I went there with my class for camp and stayed near one of the resorts, which was reachable via a hiking trail. The path takes you around and eventually to the top of one of the sides, where the view is absolutely breathtaking! Drumheller in Alberta, Canada was pretty cool too. It's a site known for its abundance of dinosaur fossils, do there is a big museum in the city that displays assembled skeleton sets and 1:1 scale models.

- Switch Axe, Dual Blades, Great Sword and Long Sword. The latter tends to trip other players a lot online, so I refrain from using it unless everyone else is running a ranged weapon. I've been using SA since Portable 3rd because of it's amazing utility, and GS was my first ever main from when I played Freedom Unite. As for armor sets, I've used Rath Soul as my primary throughout the series, because it goes well with anything and suits my "no block, dodge only" playstyle. Before my hiatus in 4 Ultimate, I had the Brachydium set completed and was planning to start learning to use the Hammer.
    How and why did you get into ROM hacking?

Are you allowed to reveal which countries have you been? If so which countries are they?

What do you think about the Fairy-type?
    - My first foray in to ROM hacks was through a bootleg ShinyGold cartridge. I was quite blown away by how someone had managed to manipulate a copy of a Pokemon game and basically recreate Johto on the GBA. Fast forward 8 years, and I stumbled upon PokeCommunity's ROM hacking section. Game programming and hacking is always something that fascinated me; I've always wanted to know what makes what do such and so forth. ROM hacking was accessible enough for a complete beginner, yet still challenging for veterans in some aspects.

So far, Ive been to:
    - New Zealand
    - Australia
    - Philippines
    - Canada
    - United States
    Traveling to a new country is always gives me a feeling of excitement and curiosity that's indescribable through words, and I'd really love to continue expanding this list throughout my life because of that :)

- Poor Hydreigon... I actually think they influenced competitive battling in a good way; even though Dragons are my favorite Pokemon type, they were a tad overpowered in 5th Gen (Nothing other than Steel resisted them). Additionally they buffed Poison and Steel, types that were quite weak on the offensive side (both for the former).

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    1. How do you feel about music today as opposed to music that you grew up with?

2. With some of the countries that you have visited, is there any sort of historic buildings/monuments that you have aways wanted to see?

3. Would you ever think about going on a cruise ship, or have you been on one before?

Years
    Oh wow nice to see someone who enjoys underground music as well... we need to discover new stuff together sometime.

Anyways, this first question from me is, what is your favourite holiday of the year?

Years
    1. How do you feel about music today as opposed to music that you grew up with?

2. With some of the countries that you have visited, is there any sort of historic buildings/monuments that you have aways wanted to see?

3. Would you ever think about going on a cruise ship, or have you been on one before?
    - Today's mainstream music? It depends on the artist and genre; they tend to be either a hit or a miss for me. Part of me is bugged that they seem to be starting to sound more and more similar. Growing up in a city, I was exposed to music from a lot of the big artists from the early 2000's, namely Missy Elliot and Omarion (who is making a comeback this year), and later Chris Brown when his music started growing. My favorite year was 2009; the feeling of nostalgia combined with the vocals and melody of that time is something that never gets tiring :)

- Looking back, I wish that I got the opportunity to travel around New Zealand a bit more during my time there. It may be a small country, but there is a ton of places there that attract tourists from all around the world. The Te Ana-au glow worm caves is on the top of my list, with Uluru in Australia at a close second; both of which are culturally and ecologically vital to their respective locations

- That would sound great! I've only been on a ferry once, and let's just say that my stomach... well, wasn't having any of it xP With all the plane trips I've been through though, I'm fairly confident that my resistance to motion sickness has drastically improved.
    Oh wow nice to see someone who enjoys underground music as well... we need to discover new stuff together sometime.

Anyways, this first question from me is, what is your favourite holiday of the year?
    Yes, yes we should :D

- This is going to sound like a cookie-cutter answer, but I really value Christmas season when it comes around. It's a really amazing opportunity to see family and spend time with them, especially if you don't live near any of them like me. School also stops during that time of the year, so you have time to spend without any pressure or deadlines to meet.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Among the Dragons in the Pokeverse, who are your personal favorites?

According to your post, you like to breakdance. Who/what inspired you to breakdance?

1) You recently found out that one of your friends was a digimon anime fanboi and said that the Pokemon franchise in general is stale because unlike Digimon, the characters don't mature and the pokemon lack characterizations (disclaimer: Not how i criticize pokemon), would you:

A) Just nod your head like "uhmm k thnxbye" to him/her endlessly till the fanboy shuts about it

B) Punch him/her in the driflooms

C) Show him/her footage of Pokken Tournament and tell him/her "so yeah when did Digimon get a kickass fighting game?" Oh wait nevar?

2) Do you firmly believe that a guy has to know how to dance, aside from other obvious characteristics that most women look for, in order for him to have the gravitational pull of swag to get all the ladies?

Last edited:
    Years
    Among the Dragons in the Pokeverse, who are your personal favorites?

According to your post, you like to breakdance. Who/what inspired you to breakdance?

1) You recently found out that one of your friends was a digimon anime fanboi and said that the Pokemon franchise in general is stale because unlike Digimon, the characters don't mature and the pokemon lack characterizations (disclaimer: Not how i criticize pokemon), would you:

A) Just nod your head like "uhmm k thnxbye" to him/her endlessly till the fanboy shuts about it

B) Punch him/her in the driflooms

C) Show him/her footage of Pokken Tournament and tell him/her "so yeah when did Digimon get a kickass fighting game?" Oh wait nevar?

2) Do you firmly believe that a guy has to know how to dance, aside from other obvious characteristics that most women look for, in order for him to have the gravitational pull of swag to get all the ladies?
    - Out of all Dragons, Salamence and Flygon are the two that I hold dearest, purely for nostalgia. A lot of my fondest memories are connected to the Hoenn region because RSE were the first games of the series I was introduced to. They are the reason why I like the Dragon type as much as I do today.

- Dance has always been deeply rooted into my personal history. It's a form of art; you can showcase your individuality through it, and create a style that's unique to you and only you. To be more specific with break, I got into it because of its unrestricted style. It carries the philosophy I described above, along with challenging the physical limits of the human body. My main inspiration from this genre would be Fabiano Carvalho Lopes (Neguin). His style is something that is truly recognizable because it incorporates Capoeira and Urban dance, both of which he's passionate about.

- 1) Probably A. I always try to not take stuff like this and turn it into a physical fight, so B is off the hook :P C can be argued, because Digimon has had some good fighting titles in past generations (eg. the Battle Spirit series on GBA).

- 2) I don't believe that he has to, but dancing will definitely give a boost to that gravitational pull of swag when you need it most. So basically, not a necessity but still a big bonus {XD}

Years
    How do you feel about mashups? (especially between songs that incorporate different musical genres, and are edited and mashed together to make a new song, such as Grand Budapest Lamar)
    Love them. Throughout the day, I often find myself mixing beats from different genres together in my head, so in a way I can connect myself to DJs that do these. DJ Earworm's youtube channel was what initially drew me to these, and I've been hooked to mashups ever since.
    If you ever had to live in one section on PC for the rest of your life, which would it be?
    That's a really tough question. If I really had to choose it would be a toss-up between Pokemon Gaming and ROM Hacking, because my attention over the past few months has been jumping back and forth between the two. Even with access to just those two, there is still freedom to discuss any of the games, as well as the scoop from the hacking scene.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    I've been meaning to ask you some questions here for a while!

What are some of your favorite songs to break to?

Do you enjoy trip-hop music? If so, what are some of your favorite artists of the genre?

When it comes to RPGs, action or turn-based?

What are some of the places you'd like to travel to next?

Years
    I've been meaning to ask you some questions here for a while!

What are some of your favorite songs to break to?

Do you enjoy trip-hop music? If so, what are some of your favorite artists of the genre?

When it comes to RPGs, action or turn-based?

What are some of the places you'd like to travel to next?

- It depends on what pace I feel like dancing at, so I break to a fairly big variety of tempo. Some of my favorites are:
    DJ Bles One's theme
    DJ Lean Rock - Rambo
    DJ Lean Rock - Sneak Peek
    Madcon - Beggin'
    Fulgeance – Impulsinfionnetta

- I haven't ventured into the trip-hop category yet, but it's definitely a plan!

- Both are great, but I've been very fickle when it comes to which one is more enjoyable for me. 2-3 months ago I would've said action because I was still very active in Monster Hunter, but I'll say turn-based today :)

- I haven't traveled to Europe or South America yet, so those two are on the list; to be precise, the ruins of Machu Picchu and the Eiffel tower. A chance to go back to New Zealand and go to Milford Sound would be amazing too!

Years
    Heyo!

If you could get one materialistic wish right now, this instance, what would you wish for? remember, materialistic, so no world peace! :p
    Ketsu! :D

Materialistic? I would wish to get this beauty! She's a custom ADV.1 Ferrari 458:
    Spoiler:

Which you like a pokemon hack or Pokemon game.
    I like both! But if you meant choosing one over the other, it would he hack because of all the possibilities in game creation. As mentioned before, my interests when it comes to this topic is constantly changing, so take the answer with a grain of salt :P

Back