• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#AskPC Sun&Moon's Best & Worst Character?

Years
  • For me, the best developed character was Lillie. You meet her at the start of the game before you even get your starter Pokemon, and she's a character who you follow so much throughout the game that you get to know her character a lot. Her redesign that happens after the huge Aether Paradise event also shows how much she's grown. I remember crying when I saw that final cutscene where she said goodbye to Hau and the protagonist.

Worst developed character? Probably the Trial Captains. I feel that the reason why I think this is because you are really only seeing them to do their trials, and aside from you being able to battle them later, it's usually only once and after that you never really hear from them again. The only one that I really feel is an exception to this is Acerola who eventually becomes part of the Elite Four.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Best? Lillie hands down. I don't think I've ever become so attached to a character quite like Lillie, and when we had to say goodbye to her it really hit me hard! Her character progression and transition throughout the game was just so effortless. I can't praise them enough for doing such an excellent job with Lillie from start to finish. Good job Game Freak, you made me shed a tear or two.

Worst? That's quite a hard one, I feel like character development in Sun & Moon was one of the strongest aspects of the games. If I had to say one then it would probably be Sophocles. I just felt like his trial was over in an instant and we didn't really get to see much of him for that part of the storyline. When you compare with the likes of Acerola or Ilima, there just wasn't much communication between the player and Sophocles.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Pokemon S/M is basically Lillie's story, so it's safe to say she's the most dynamic character, and goes through the biggest inner and outward change (even if a little forced at times) Nanu is still my favorite character though. His apathetic attitude, tragic backstory, and overall mannerisms just won me over. He basically refuses to be an Elite Four member because he doesn't care, lol.

Worst? I think Plumeria would be my choice. I like her design and the whole "big sister" motif, but I felt, for being an admin, she didn't contribute anything at all to the story. She shows up two times, I think? Not a bad character, just badly handled.

Years
  • Best character? probably Hau because I do like his positive attitude during the game and how he was handled as a rival too.
    Worst? hmm... kind of hard because most of the cast from the sun / moon is well developed, but if I have to choose... Sophocles and his steel type friend (don't remember the name) are the one I was disappointed.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2017
    Lillie is best, I was actually sad to see her go at the end and was reallly hoping that she came back at the end of post game and you get to battle her.

As for worst, I bet I'm ganna get flack for this but Hau in my opinion. He's just to hyper and happy all the time. I was hoping for a more serious rival after X&Y's...thing.

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
    Years
  • Lillie is the best. Her character received the most development as she goes through a metamorphosis to who she is at the end.

Worst character is Mina for me. The fact she didn't even have a trial bummed me out.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    There are a lot of good characters this time around so I'm just going to touch on worst. Hau for worst character lol. He's not the most annoying character to ever be in the games by any means, but hes too overly cheery and spastic for me to like him. He had the most unrealistic personality. Also that animation he does where he jumps up and down and then shakes his head was so irritating to me

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Best: Lillie, when Game Freak mentioned she was going to play an important role in the story, boy were they not kidding. Of course, the people on /vp/ would criticize her for wanting to save Lusamine because she's her mother, despite being beyond saving due to her lunacy for Ultra Beasts.

Worst: Mina, I don't care how pretty she looks, she is hands down the worst trial captain out there, for she didn't even bother creating a trial for you to go through and instead we have to take an updated version of the Dragon trial from the demo as our final trial.

Back