• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Assassination Classroom

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Assassination Classroom

Assassination Classroom

Title: Ansatsu Kyoush!tsu
    Episodes: 22
    Aired: Jan 10, 2015 to ?
    Producers: FUNimation EntertainmentL, Fuji TV, DAX Production, Lerche
    Genres: Action, Comedy, School, Shounen, Supernatural
    Duration: Unknown

The Earth is threatened by a powerful creature who destroyed 70%
    of the Moon with its power, rendering into the shape of a crescent
    forever. The creature claims that within a year, Earth will also be
    destroyed by him, but he offers mankind a chance to avert this fate.
    In class 3-E at Kunugigaoka Junior High School, he starts working as
    a homeroom teacher where he teaches his students not only regular
    subjects, but the ways of assassination. The Japanese government
    promises a reward of ¥10 billion (i.e. 100 million USD) to whoever
    among the students succeeds to kill their teacher, whom they have
    named "Korosensei". However, this has proven to be an almost
    impossible task, as he has several inhuman abilities at his disposal,
    including the capacity of moving at Mach 20.

Source: [x] [x]

*avoiding that censorness I'll just use the english name lol

Assassination Classroom

Wasn't sure if there was a thread for this already, but Ansatsu Kyoush!tsu/Assassination Classroom is getting a series next season. I personally don't read as much manga as I watch Anime, but this one is one my favourite series and I'm really glad it's gotten an adaptation. The OVA which aired in November gave a small taste of the upcoming series, and although moved somewhat fast, stuck well to the original content. Hearing that it's confirmed for 2 seasons makes me happy and hopeful that it won't be so rushed.

Assassination Classroom

*no hate on the no blue hair lol

It's also getting a live movie in March (which was where I originally heard about it from). I'm both excited and nervous for it, since I love live actions as well as the actor who's playing Nagisa (Yamada Ryosuke who stars in the latest Kindaichi Neo and Tantei Gakuen Q adaptations). I'm slightly nervous since it's going to be a movie and not a series since movie adaptations are usually quite unpredictable and can either be rushed or well. Though I can easily see him acting as bloodlust Nagisa, it'll be interesting to see him act out his normal calm and collected sweet and innocent self.

Last edited:

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
    This might actually be pretty nice. I love the art and the concept.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    The manga is one of my favorites tbh, even though I haven't been following thanks to the blocked manga websites. Been following for at least a year since 2013 though, 'til said website problems. Looking forward to the adaptation. :D

Skip Class

Years
    First impressions and thoughts on the first episode that came out today?

Personally I'm really liking this adaptation so far! I don't usually read much manga and watch the anime adaptations of it, but it really met with my expectations.

The first episode of the anime covered the entity of only the first chapter of the manga.
    Pacing of the first episode also felt pretty nice, but i'm curious to how the rest of it will go with only confirmed for 22 episodes currently.

Art style feels somewhat Dangan Ronpa, but I like it more than the lighter style the OVA used.
    The OP was also really fun to watch with all the cast singing it.

I love how I've seen comments from a lot of anime-only people who have seen the first episode can't tell if Nagisa is a girl or a boy:p

Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

One thing I'm concerned about:

Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Overall I had fun watching the first episode, can't wait for the next.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Thoughts:

Nagisa's voice is too damn high; higher than expected.
    I don't know how to feel about the OP. It's so...jumpy.
    Seeing as the anime is 22(?) eps long, we may be able to see the Island arc.
    The ED is top notch.

That's all for now.

Candy

Years
    Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

It's a bit too soon in my opinion. Why would you have a character with no such background saying such a thing in the beginning of the story? :/

But eh... it definitely fits in my expectations. Although I agree, Nagisa's voice is a higher than I imagined, but hey, he's a trap anyway. Pretty sure a lot of new viewers will mistake him for a girl haha, since I tend to mistake him as a girl during my first time reading the manga. :v

still waiting for Karma to show up

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    This seems pretty fun, not going to lie. The art and premise reminds me of Dangan Ronpa, but I hope it's a lot better. Watched this yesterday and wasn't bored!

Candy

Years
    The art does remind you of Danganronpa. The premise... not really, they're different to me. One gives the vibes of a killing game at school and one is a classroom of assassins with a weird-looking teacher.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Brief comparison:

Spoiler:

Yeah, I'd say it resembles it a little bit. But, I do wonder about this school for assassination; I hope that the classroom doesn't turn into a class of bloodlust and students wanting to kill each other, which would be... bad for them, haha. Anywho, I didn't see the manga yet, but this does look interesting in terms of the whole "school in chaos" theme goin' on~!

Hm, but live action movies always look kinda odd to me; they always range from 'somewhat decent' to 'just plain awful and awkward', so, hopefully it goes well too. Judging from the characters I've seen so far, they sure have a keen killer instinct within them, haha.

Years
    I kinda liked the first episodes. Will follow it for sure. Will most likely read the manga up to the latest chapter. Also I found the bloodlust thing kinda strange, I guess it's really early foreshadowing. It kinda felt out of the blue tho.

Skip Class

Years
    I kinda liked the first episodes. Will follow it for sure. Will most likely read the manga up to the latest chapter. Also I found the bloodlust thing kinda strange, I guess it's really early foreshadowing. It kinda felt out of the blue tho.

Was curious to see what people who hadn't read the manga thought about the bloodlust thing because it was pretty out of the blue.

It's revealed way later in the manga and not as blunt as it was put out to be in the anime.

Spoiler:

Aside from the art style's vibe, Assassination Classroom is definitely a lot different content-wise to Dangan Ronpa. In terms of both anime, it feels more light hearted and has a lot more of the humor.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    I hadn't read the manga. His bloodlust line seemed, I don really know.. not too out of the blue. Just feels like it's an attempt by the writers to prelude to something i the future. Obviously I don't know what - but at some point in that first episode they already stated that those kids all had some form of 'killing intent' or instinct, iirc? So hearing that line wasn't "out of the blue" or shocking.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I'm gonna watch it in an hour or so. Will be back with my impressions. REALLY looking forward to it, haha. Hope it ends up impressing me as much as, or more than, Death Parade. :D

edit: alright, it was a pretty fun episode. This seems like it'll be a really nice watch weekly. Although I'm not expecting it to blow me away or anything. Koro sensei's antics are hilarious. His mood swings were really something too - that change from him possessing all that murderous intent to the light-hearted version of him at the end lmao. :p

They've really animated his Mach 20 speed well. Sweet animation there.

Last edited:
    Back