• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

back in my day!

Lord Kraith 2

Старый Сергей
Years
  • I still see tons of restaurants with smoking and non-smoking sections. Maybe it's your area. I hope we still have smoking/non-smoking sections 50 years from now too.

Anyway. Back in my day we read actual, physical books. You held them and they were really thick and heavy sometimes and you could ACTUALLY page through them. Not just e-books only on some flat tablet. (It's sad knowing real books could be obsolete in 20 - 50 years. :/ )

Also it's funny seeing people say the Internet/ cell phones/ CD players didn't exist in their day, and they're under 25. All those things been around before you were born. Cell phone have existed since the 80s , they were just big and bulky. CDs existed in the 80s too, they just weren't as cheap. CDs players weren't very expensive in your day either. I remember getting my first CD player when I was 10 for like 20 dollars. The internet has been known since at least 1985/1990, just really didn't blow up untill about 1995 though. You're not as old as you think you are.

If you are talking to me, where I live in the 90s everything was an entire decade backwards. So 97 where I live at the time is like 87'. Although I was very little at time, I remember well because photographic memory. Now I know they existed before 90s but 90s where I live at the time is equivalent to American Standards of 1980s. The 2000s equivalent to the 90s. It depends on where you live in the world. Not everywhere in world catch up with the West.

And to be honest I first use internet in 2001. Usually at the time everything was a decade behind. I used to think 90s means synth pop, cassettes, records, VHS, and no computer with Internet. I know they exist before my time but I only say my experience.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
  • Back in my day

not much was different

1. Smartphones where just starting to emerge
    2. FRLG was the ♥♥♥♥
    3. My favorite bands today didn't exist, except one or two

That's about it.... I'm only 15, born in Dec. of '98.

Years
  • Back in my day...

- Kids didn't have phones when they were like 8. Seriously, why does a young child need a cellphone? I didn't get my first one until 14!
    - Kids actually went outside to play, not sit inside obsessing over electronics. Such a sedentary lifestyle these days, and this is why we have obesity.
    - MP3 players and CDs were cool and relevant.
    - Sprint internet existed. Does it still exist? Well, not like their service was any good anyway...

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2015
    - Back in my day, nobody of my age had phones.
    Now, everybody throws out there perfectly fine phones for a new phone that just has a couple new features, while I still have a phone from 2005 that still works properly.
    -Back in my day, AOL was my family's life.
    - Back in my day, games on the N64 like Banjo-Kazooie and Super Mario 64 was like a sign from video game gods for us at school.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
  • I still see tons of restaurants with smoking and non-smoking sections. Maybe it's your area. I hope we still have smoking/non-smoking sections 50 years from now too.

Yeah, smoking is banned in all public places in my state.

Also it's funny seeing people say the Internet/ cell phones/ CD players didn't exist in their day, and they're under 25. All those things been around before you were born. Cell phone have existed since the 80s , they were just big and bulky. CDs existed in the 80s too, they just weren't as cheap. CDs players weren't very expensive in your day either. I remember getting my first CD player when I was 10 for like 20 dollars. The internet has been known since at least 1985/1990, just really didn't blow up untill about 1995 though. You're not as old as you think you are.

Oi, I'm two years older than you. I said the internet existed, it just sucked, at least, for people like me and my family that used AOL/Dial up.

Idk, where the 19 year old got some of his 'back in the day' stuff. No 3D games? Uh, the first playstation? N64? Pretty sure I had all of those. And only on computer? Super Nintendo! Sega!

I know I was old when high schools started having 90's days for Homecoming week.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I was speaking more to the general public on this thread. I get if some people lived areas where technology wasn't as up to date so I can get where they'd just only be getting tech new in the 80s , in the 90s. And technology that was new in the 90s in the 2000s. So that is back in the day for some, while it may not be for others. Sorry if I seemed so aggressive'

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Back in my day, people talked on the way to class and during lunch, not stare down at their smartphone.

Back in my day, gamers were happy just to raise a Pokemon to a higher level. No complexities like natures and IVs. Gamers wouldn't be releasing Eevee and starters so easily.

Back in my day, the radio actually played rock music.

Back in my day, you'd go outside or go study instead of browsing Facebook or Youtube.

Back in my day, 3 year old children wouldn't have a tablet and a PS3.

Back in my day, I had to suffer through AOL to play NEOPETS.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYimgupCqJw[/ame]

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Back in my day, there was only one "Now" CD.

Seriously though, they've released 49 "Now" CD's? Why can't we have more hit singles like "Barbie Girl" from the original "Now"?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Back in my day, Disney was actually cool before they started gearing towards teens and preschoolers.

I'm serious. Disney used to be awesome when they showed Ducktales, Talespin, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers and more. I admit, some of the preschool shows are really cute like Sofia and Chuggingtion, but it's not the same as the 90's stuff.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Back in my day, Disney was actually cool before they started gearing towards teens and preschoolers.

I'm serious. Disney used to be awesome when they showed Ducktales, Talespin, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers and more. I admit, some of the preschool shows are really cute like Sofia and Chuggingtion, but it's not the same as the 90's stuff.

Now everything is "live action" instead of cartoon. Sure, the initial stuff they launched was pretty good: Even Stevens, That's So Raven, Suite Life of Zack and Cody, Phil of the Future. However, I don't know if it's just because I'm older now, but most of the shows on there -and excuse my french - are connerie.

Back