• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Back stabber

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I don't, and I play to god I'll never get the urge to do it. I keep my thoughts of people in my mind as a secret.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    Honestly? Yes. Sometimes I can't help myself. It all comes down to my mood and the people surrounding me. I hate keep things to myself; I just HAVE to say something, regardless of whether feelings will be hurt.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Yeah I talk about people behind their backs. Who doesn't. Everyone's got an opinion. I know I'm not perfect. Talk about me all you want I don't care, long as you don't **** yourself if you find out what I've been saying about you. If I don't like you, then I'll talk about you even more, and I won't talk to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    No, I try to ignore other people as much as possible... so if people try to gossip to me, I usually won't even know what they're talking about.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I mean yeah I talk behind people's backs, everyone does. It's not always bad anyway, but if I want to say something about someone then I will, it's just venting or having an opinion. I don't really see what's wrong with that as long as you don't denigrate or conspire I suppose....... I won't talk smack about a friend but if I don't like them then who cares.
    Also, I can't stand it when people say they NEVER TALK BEHIND SOMEONE'S BACK or frown upon you for it because really EVERYONE has done/does it, I'd rather be a back-talker than a hypocrite.

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
    Years
    Not often, no. Though I might make a small joke about a friend to my other friends that may seem hurtful if I told it to their face. Half of the time I don't even notice me doing it.

I try to be a nice person and not trash talk people(in front of them or not), as I hope people will see that and not say awful things about me... It sucks when you figure out a friend is saying **** about you anyways.

I don't know what to do when that situation comes up where someone talks about you. I feel like I stoop to their level when I talk about all their faults to others, but if I don't I feel like I'm stupid and helpless. It would be easier if we all just didn't start anything in the first place; problem is we're all human, and its all natural for us to talk about people we don't like.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Being a back stabber and talking behind peoples backs are two different things, in my opinion. But generally, if I were to talk about someone behind their back, it is something they already know about, or I do soon-after tell them the same thing to their face.

Backstabbing however, is more like betrayal.. or.. seeming one way in front of someone, and then turning around and thinking of them in a darker and more hurtful sense. :/ That I have never done.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    I mean yeah I talk behind people's backs, everyone does. It's not always bad anyway, but if I want to say something about someone then I will, it's just venting or having an opinion. I don't really see what's wrong with that as long as you don't denigrate or conspire I suppose....... I won't talk smack about a friend but if I don't like them then who cares.
    Also, I can't stand it when people say they NEVER TALK BEHIND SOMEONE'S BACK or frown upon you for it because really EVERYONE has done/does it, I'd rather be a back-talker than a hypocrite.

Back stabber

I'm like this too. I'll admit I do talk about my friends behind their back, but usually it's in a positive light. If they've pissed me off, then sure, I'll rant about them, but it's natural to want to vent your frustration if someone has wronged you, regardless of who they are.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    You asked two different questions. They're not the same thing. I agree with what Kura said.

I see know problem with talking about someone. If you think they'll feel bad about it though, then I wouldn't converse. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

But, I don't think I would backstab someone and betray them or their trust

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I dont stab people behind their backs. Ive had that done to me and it's not at all pleasant. Its wrong to do that to people, and people get hurt when that happens sometimes not just that person. As for back talking, I really try not to do that at all. I look down upon talking about people behind their backs. I wouldnt want that done to me at all, as I absolutely hate and despise when people say anything behind my back. I feel if you have something to say about me or to me, it needs to be said in front of me.

Lozz

meow meow meow <3
    Years
    I am definitely not a back stabber. Friends have told me that I am one of the most loyal people they know.

I am particularly bad at disguising my emotions though - so if someone has hurt/pissed me off, I will vent about it to people, and if I can't move past it I will generally then confront the person about it. I try not to do that too often though, because if it's something I can talk out with other people and get over, I'd rather just do that, as it causes unnecessary complications to have needless confrontation.

Ravenfreak

Raven rocks! :D
    Years
    Well i've talked about my roommate behind her back. :V She does it too though, but I know 2 wrongs don't make a right. xP I've heard her talk to her boyfriend before without her noticing, and she talked about not only me but my fiancee as well. We all live together, so my fiancee and I can't wait until our lease is up. xD

Starsprite

This is how we live!
    Years
    • Age 26
    • TN
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with talking about people to others, but spreading rumours and making nasty comments about someone behind their back, or otherwise, is just a nasty thing to do. I've had conversations about people with my friends before, and sometimes we make snide remarks about the people we really don't like, but there's just a line you don't cross.

And I definitely would never stab someone in the back, especially over something silly. Tell me if I'm wrong, but I doubt there's all that many people that would admit to knowingly trying to stab people in the back.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I agree that stabbing someone in the back and talking behind their back aren't the same thing. I see stabbing someone in the back as taking advantage of a person's trust to do something terrible to them or hurt them in some way.

I have talked about people behind their backs (of course, everyone has), but it's all a matter of who you say it to. If I feel like I need to rant about a person that's been driving me crazy for whatever reason, I wouldn't go to a person that likes them because that would be too much like trying to influence their friendship, and if possible I'd go to someone in another circle of friends so I have no effect on anything except for my own stress levels.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
    Yes, and No. There are only certain things that I talk about behind their back but I also have the balls to say it to their face.

Years
    You asked two different questions. They're not the same thing.

It was my intention to ask two seperate questions. I would have only put one question in if I only wanted to ask one question >_______________>

But I know where you and Kura are coming from. It's reasonable to say that I did imply that they were the same thing. They are fairly similar though, at least in my opinion. Or rather, talking behind someone's back can lead to back stabbing. There is a relation between the two.

As for me, I have definitely talked behind other people's backs before but I don't think I've outrightly back stabbed someone before. I probably have but I just can't remember right now.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Backstabbing: I never stab anyone in the back, but I absolutely hate it when people do it to me. And it's happened a lot recently.

Talking behind backs: I will have to admit, I do it sometimes, but I hate doing it. Most of the time, I just tell them straight to their face.

Back