• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years

ANNA/ETERNALLYANNA/AQUACORDE

updated feb 25 2015
    Hi I'm Anna and I'm here to talk about me! I was born July 16, 1993 in Wisconsin, moved to Minnesota in November of 2000, joined PC on July 13 2004. I'm a girl, a Hufflepuff, an Aspie, pretty much asexual, panromantic, and anxiety-ridden. I live in an apartment with my mom because it's cheap, I don't go to college because I can't play the game, I work at IKEA and a hellish coffee shop, and I tutor some kids in exchange for dinner sometimes. I hang out at a church but I'm apathetic to religion.
    I play Minecraft, Pokémon, and Ace Attorney. I watch Top Gear, Pokémon, Gravity Falls, and Rooster Teeth. I listen to Welcome to Night Vale. I read Discworld novels a lot and whatever else I happen to pick up really. I draw sometimes but not very well. I'm okay at like, theme graphics and CSS/HTML. You'll find me on Twitter and Tumblr pretty often. On PC I hang out in Special Forums, Minecraft threads, and PokéAni. I spend time on the PC Minecraft server too!
    So hey, feel free to ask anything? Even if it's already been asked in this thread it was probably forever ago and I might have a new perspective on it so don't worry 'bout repetition. And like, I'm here for chatting as well? So even if you don't have a question go ahead and post. Like maybe you want to show me some things or tell me what you think about something or ya looking for another opinion on something? Whatever let's do it aight?

Spoiler: original text for thread probably
    bad
    Anna Skye
    Hi I'm Anna! The picture to the right is not me; that is the lovely Ryan Haywood. :P I am 20 years old, an Aspie, pan-demisexual, and have no real direction in life. I'll have been on PC for ten years in July, which is kind of ridiculous. I hang out mainly in PokéAni, supporter forums, #thepokecommunity, and the battle server.

I can muster up a vague interest in almost anything, but once something really catches my attention I often end up with a sort of encyclopaedic knowledge of it. Harry Potter, Discworld, Doctor Who, PokéAni, Red vs Blue and other Rooster Teeth productions have managed to get into my head that way. I'm also interested in various social sciences, ancient civilizations, graphic design, css/html, and just. Lots of things. Like I said, almost anything can be interesting to me. It mostly depends on presentation of the subject and how understandable it is. I'll pay much more attention to someone who's enthusiastic about what they're talking about than someone who's just trying to put facts out there.

I see a lot of that enthusiasm on tumblr and I really like that. I do hang out on tumblr a lot and while it tends to be looked down upon and there's a whole lot of conflicting views all through the incredibly varied communities and individuals there, I still find it to be a great place. It's kinda hard to make and maintain friendships through tumblr only because it's not a very good social media platform, but when you are with friends over there it's very nice and relaxed. You can learn a lot, but the most important things will always be to check your sources, check your facts, and don't blindly follow people's opinions. I guess I just see it as a place of fun jumping-off points- see something on tumblr enough and you'll eventually check it out. It could lead to something great.

Hmm, what else... I'm not into religion I guess. Like, I don't bother it and it won't bother me. I do not care about it. Despite that, I tend to hang out in a Methodist church with their youth group because they're all great people and not pushy about anything. Um... I'd like to do something creative and fulfilling with my life, but I've got no real talent or skill. It probably doesn't help that I'm afraid to try anything due to a crippling fear of failure. I really like being outside and summertime and that even though I'm not a very active person. I'm always up to go camping, boating, hiking, whatever. I'm pretty outdoorsy for a person who basically lives on the internet. I would probably be online a lot less if I lived in a perpetually warm area rather than having to deal with Minnesota's disgusting weather.

Ah that's all I can think of right now. So... AMA I guess!

Last edited:

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
    First off, what's an Aspie? Secondly, a pan-demisexual? In your terms, anyway, to both questions.

And lastly, which Harry Potter house would you say you'd belong to?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    First off, what's an Aspie? Secondly, a pan-demisexual? In your terms, anyway, to both questions.

And lastly, which Harry Potter house would you say you'd belong to?
    Aspie is someone who has Asperger's Syndrome, which is somewhere on the high-functioning end of the Autism spectrum. For me at least it makes social cues harder to understand automatically and that. Pan-demi is just the easy way of saying pansexual (can be attracted to anyone regardless of sex/gender identity) and demisexual (not going to be sexually attracted to anyone unless I have some kind of emotional connection).

And I've always known I'm Hufflepuff. :> Pottermore put me there twice and most quizzes put me there too so that just reaffirms that belief.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Hey gurl (;

Considering I know how big of a fan you are of Rooster Teeth, what would you say is some of the biggest life lessons you've gained from them?

With the interests that you listed (i.e. social sciences, ancient civilizations, etc.) do you think you'll pursue a job in any of those fields?

What would you say is the one thing that urks you whenever you interact with someone?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Hey gurl (;

Considering I know how big of a fan you are of Rooster Teeth, what would you say is some of the biggest life lessons you've gained from them?
    Hiya. :D

Hmmm life lessons... I'd say "go for it" basically encompasses that. Do things. Meet people. Put yourself out there, try things that you think would be fun, make cool stuff. Put a good amount of work in, too. I dunno it's kind of hard to put into words but they all seem so happy and the company's a massive success and I get a wonderful non-specific feeling of inspiration from them.
    With the interests that you listed (i.e. social sciences, ancient civilizations, etc.) do you think you'll pursue a job in any of those fields?
    Probably not. There's really not much I can do in those fields, especially since I probably can't make it through college.
    What would you say is the one thing that urks you whenever you interact with someone?
    Well I mean there's not something universal that I get annoyed with but I regularly have to deal with people who use casual slurs, are subconsciously racist/sexist/whatever, or are consciously pretty intolerant. I don't like it at all but I have a hard time figuring out a good way to say "um hey that's not okay" because people get so very defensive about things they absolutely should not be defensive about and I don't wanna deal with that backlash either. :/

Years
    What's your fave series produced by Rooster Teeth?

Looking back on the impact you made on the Pokemon Anime section when you used to mod it, do you think the section's activity improved a lot?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    What's your fave series produced by Rooster Teeth?
    I LIKE EVERYTHING THEY MAKE IDK THAT'S REALLY HARD D:
    Ummm shoutout to the big three I guess. RvB for still being amazing even eleven years later and still being fresh every season. RWBY for being something completely unique and something that will obviously be even better down the road. And Let's Play Minecraft for usually being so very entertaining and becoming so iconic.
    Looking back on the impact you made on the Pokemon Anime section when you used to mod it, do you think the section's activity improved a lot?
    I mean it's definitely improved, yes. Ep Discussion has gone from having like mayyyybe a thread every month to being completely current with people actually discussion episodes! Even if it's just like three replies per thread, it's better. It's populated and people are probably at least reading the threads and yeah it's better. And it's gone from there being like one new post in the main forum when I log in to-what is it today- seven in like fifteen hours, yay. :D
    But basically what I stuck by is that if you make a thread, people will post in it. Hardly ever does someone want to be the one to start a thread (there's something in CCC about that right now even). So you have to have a setup that will draw people in and let them post without much effort. Then try to coerce those people into maintaining a discussion. That's the hard part- 1) people don't really care about PokéAni and 2) people like post-and-go style. I think quote notifications are helping with that, but it still could be better. You also gotta have the right kinds of people for it. You need posters who will stick around, actually watch the anime, will ask questions, challenge ideas, and are willing to think critically. aka be like my lovely boi Wobbu <33

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    1. Which of the Harry Potter books is your favorite?

2. Do you watch any of the Doctor Who spin-off series/which ones are your favorites?

3. Do you still play any of the Pokemon games?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    1. Which of the Harry Potter books is your favorite?

2. Do you watch any of the Doctor Who spin-off series/which ones are your favorites?

3. Do you still play any of the Pokemon games?

1) Order of the Phoenix yessss that was where things really started to pick up with the secondary group (Luna-Neville-Ginny) and Umbridge was a fantastic character (not a likeable one, oh no, but an amazingly written one) and Fred and George were at their peak in that book and aaaah.

2) I watched a few SJA but haven't gone through and seen all of them yet but they seem pretty cool. Torchwood was hella until season three, then it was amazing, then season four was godawful. Haven't got into Big Finish yet but all I see of it is that it's epic af.

3) h e l l y e s I do challenges once in a while and also just play Emerald and Plat for the hell of it occasionally. Was working on 'dex completion in X but I'm not sure about continuing that because I'd honestly rather complete the 'dex on a Hoenn game. I mean Hoenn was my first region, it's only fitting that the first time I fully beat the game would be in Hoenn again.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    What's your favorite flying type pokemon?

What color 3DS do you have?

Do you enjoy cooking at all, and if so, what do you like to cook?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    What's your favorite flying type pokemon?

What color 3DS do you have?

Do you enjoy cooking at all, and if so, what do you like to cook?
    Uhhh that's actually hard lol as much as I always have to have a flier in my party I've never been particularly attached to one species of them. WAIT NO DUH CROBAT. Crobat is my reliable flier and fairy killer and lovely partner. <3

My 3DS is pearl pink! All of my handheld consoles have been and will be pink. idk why I just started with a pink SP cause it was the only one in the store and then just kept on with it. Nobody steals or mixes theirs up with a pink one either so that's a plus. I occasionally think about getting special edition handhelds but that's expensive and I'd worry about them way to much. :(

I like cooking in theory? I hate cleaning and that's always like half of the process. And I can't bake worth a damn mostly- even when I follow a recipe it turns out wrong. But I can make bread from scratch and make all kinds of pizzas and I can do many things with a frying pan. Seriously all you need in life is a baking sheet, a frying pan and a medium-sized pot.

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
    Years
    Will do!
    first, your tumblr pwease?
    Second, if you had to have a character from anywhere be your roommate, who would it be and why?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Will do!
    first, your tumblr pwease?
    Second, if you had to have a character from anywhere be your roommate, who would it be and why?
    My tumblr is eternallyanna. lbr it's super easy to find me online lmao

UMMMM that's difficult haha. I suppose we wouldn't be roomies in their world, so they'd have to adapt to this one. That makes things a bit harder- as much as I think I would be friends with people from all sorts of places, living with them while they're under stress and confused and separated from everything they know wouldn't be fun for anyone. So, who is adaptable? Whose world is so like mine that they wouldn't feel amiss? What world fits into mine? Probably the people of Harry Potter would be just fine, as would a lot of people from Doctor Who. Some Discworldians may adapt easily enough. RvB characters would have to put up with ancient technology. RWBY and Pokémon characters probably would have a rough time of it.
    Hm. I'd probably take Luna Lovegood tbh. As much as I adore other characters and perhaps love them more than her, I really can't think of someone who would be more relaxed to room with, and no-one more intelligent, entertaining, and creative.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Peter Capaldi? That is my question :p
    and my answer is HELL YES BRING THAT CLASS

Srs tho it's nice to bring in an older Doctor- we may finally get away from the needless romanticism and sexualizing! And he's been a fan since he was little and has strong opinions on the Doctor's characterization- I've heard tell that he's been arguing with Moffat about scripts. :D

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    If you could go back to any place in time, where would you go?
    Uhh. Hm. That's a lil bit difficult because even if I was capable of doing that I suppose I couldn't go to places that didn't speak similar English to what I speak because I would have no idea what would be going on. I'd like to find out what really went down with the pyramids though I guess. And go back and see how the Antikythera mechanism came about. Find out what exactly the Hanging Gardens were and where, check out the Viking expeditions to North America, idk. That's all reliant on the magical understanding that comes with this power tho. If I don't have that I guess I'll just hit up ye olde England and that. See an opening of a Shakespearean play, putter around in the industrial era, check out interesting applications of steam power. Whatever. Anything's pretty interesting.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    The new Doctor has been revealed and the person playing him will be a female: how do you react?

Give me a list of your Top 5 favorite Rooster Teeth Let's Plays and give me a reason why.

Ryan from RT has decided to hang out with you for a day. How would you spend that day and why?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    The new Doctor has been revealed and the person playing him will be a female: how do you react?
    **** yeah that's cool hope moffat's not in charge of any of her run

Give me a list of your Top 5 favorite Rooster Teeth Let's Plays and give me a reason why.
    Spring Harvest: Ryan's hijinks and general entertainment.
    Rainbow 6 Vegas Part 1: Jack's fit of laughter at Gavin blowing himself up. Also faces.
    Mad King Ryan Part 1&2: shut up it counts as one also Ryan going theatrical is always great and Kerry as Edgar that was incredible
    Shopping List Part 1&2: Geoff flummoxed by lava, Ryan drowning Gavin.
    Let's Play Worms (all): So, so bad at games.

Ryan from RT has decided to hang out with you for a day. How would you spend that day and why?
    um what
    probably go somewhere i guess i don't know where we'd be but i prefer to go out and do something when im with other people rather than just sit at home. i guess we might come back and play video games idk

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back