• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Base Stats Discussion

Mewtwo Vs Genosect

• Mewtwo

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Genosect

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
  • Sazando has a even base of stats, so most likely i will have him

the fossil bird has 140 attack, and so does Hihidaruma

PS: off of SEREBII.NET!

Years
  • Sazando has a even base of stats, so most likely i will have him

the fossil bird has 140 attack, and so does Hihidaruma

PS: off of SEREBII.NET!

The Dragon/Ice (the presumed third legend) has 130 Att and 130 SpA. Talk about a powerful mixed attacker. Yowza.

Man Gamefreak did go pretty crazy on the stats this time. xD

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Oh yeah Chandelier is so epic and I love his base stats as well. I definetly want it. Its way better looking and than Drifblim as well. A lot of these pokemon has good stats and even maybe just one of two decent stats. Nintendo is really paying attention to competitive play I'm thinking.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • I'm beyond pleased at the base stats this time, especially those of my new favorite Pokemon, Shandera. I mean, 145 SPATK?! Beating Alakazam and PORYGON-Z?!? CRAZY!

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    i cant even seem to get excited for stats. Does it really effect choices when you make a team that much? For me, if i like it, i catch it
    It does for those who are competitive and what the best choices for each stat. That way, they won't chose a Pokemon with a low base defense to be a wall for their team. That's my reason for being interested in the base stats.

A lot of these are rather excessive, but impressive. 130? 145? Even the 115 for some stats. Extremely interesting to see just how good these Pokemon will be after EV training.

At least Daikenki's stats fit my style of play. Glad that family is going to be my main starter.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • -I like the base stats of the starters (except Enbuoo and especially Daikenki).
    -Doryuuzu at 135 base Attack and 110 HP? I'm so getting this.
    -Hihidaruma's stats are beast. Except for Special Attack.
    -Desukan's okay.
    -Aakeosu's stats are the best stats I've seen in a fossil Pokemon
    -Zoroark's stats remind me of Lucario's (except with lower defenses and Attack and higher Special Attack and Speed)
    -Ugh...Emonga's stats are similar to Pachirisu's (with slightly higher Speed and offenses, but lower defenses)
    -Even if Mamanbou didn't turn out as Luvdisc's evo, I'm still hating on its stats.
    -The Ghost/Fire final evo is rather decent. Higher Special Attack than Gengar in exchange for some of its Speed is a good tradeoff.
    -Ononokusu's Attack is higher than Dragonite/Tyranitar/Salamence/Metagross/Garchomp's? Sweet.
    -Buffalon may be based on Tauros, but why did it have to be slower than it?
    -Wargle's stats remind me of Staraptor's minus the Speed and HP.
    -For the Dark/Dragon line: I don't like it that the first form evolves at level 50, then again at 64. This is one tough Pokemon to train.
    -Reshiram and Zekrom's stat distributions remind me of Dialga and Palkia's. I was expecting Reshiram to be faster, but they have the same base Speed as Ho-oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Dialga and Giratina-O (I'm saying those Pokemon because I have the feeling that Reshiram and Zekrom are going to be Uber).
    -

Years
  • It does for those who are competitive and what the best choices for each stat. That way, they won't chose a Pokemon with a low base defense to be a wall for their team. That's my reason for being interested in the base stats.

A lot of these are rather excessive, but impressive. 130? 145? Even the 115 for some stats. Extremely interesting to see just how good these Pokemon will be after EV training.

At least Daikenki's stats fit my style of play. Glad that family is going to be my main starter.

Im hoping these Pokemon (the Competitive quality ones) really re-vitalize competitive battling. It got so redundant after awhile seeing the same thing everytime, regardless of tier.

But gamefreak basically took a dump on the current competitive scene with these pokes, triple battles, and B&W in general.. And that's a good thing. All we need now is a way to get rid of SR (minus being a Ghost/Spinner)

Imagine if you had an Ononokusu right now in OU. It would annihilate anything in its way. Nothing in Gen 4 can touch it.

Im really leaning towards Janobi (tsuataja final) now. Good speed and relative bulk means it could get up a few stat boosters then wreck other people's teams, provided it has a decent movepool.

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
  • do you guys see what i see

100 - victini, wotter, doggy, zebraika, redfighter, grassdeer, gigigear, buffalon

103 - leafybug

105 - pigeon, zoroark, hydragon

108 - rockturtle

109 - steelant

110 - polbear

115 - lampreyer

117 - darigator

120 - purdragon

123 - blazerback, wareagle

124 - ground/ghost

125 - powerranger, minkfighter, bluefighter

135 - rockygem, steemole, romanbug

140 - purfighter, apefire, archaeopteryx

147 - dramantis

attack overload much? XDDD it's amazing, look at how high they are! insanity! (albeit the cool kind) :D

100 - blazerback, nautibug

103 - psyflyer

105 - lampreyer, anfreater

106 - cactuficent

107 - musharna

108 - wotterfunk

110 - grasslady, icycone

112 - archaeopteryx

120 - zoroark

125 - ranculus, psylien, hydragon

135 - flammoth

145 - chandelierrr

Not as many special attackers, but still pretty damn hardcore stats. o_o;

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Oh, gosh. And I thought the Battle Frontier in Emerald was hard...(especially the Metagross spamming after the 50th Trainer!) Wait until these monsters start effortlessly wiping the floor with us when controlled by our opponents.

Well, the base stats are another good thing about BW, as they should presumably bring more Pokemon into battle (while sadly, at the same time, dismissing Pokemon of past Gens)

Base Stats Discussion

And the worst part is that Enbuoo/Pignition just so managed to get shafted among this high-base stat torrent, defensive stat-wise. This monstrosity is supposed to be tearing opponents apart while withstanding their blows! Its attack is very nice, but survival is going to be a tough task/chore for it...

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday

Im hoping these Pokemon (the Competitive quality ones) really re-vitalize competitive battling. It got so redundant after awhile seeing the same thing everytime, regardless of tier.

But gamefreak basically took a dump on the current competitive scene with these pokes, triple battles, and B&W in general.. And that's a good thing. All we need now is a way to get rid of SR (minus being a Ghost/Spinner)
    Exactly. I saw it posted in another thread where the stats of these Pokemon will completely change how competitive battling is now. A Baton Pass-ing Swords Dancer to an already great attacker with a high base Attack stat and EV trained, like Dramantis?

Needless to say, I am excite.

I completely forgot about triple battles. That'll be even more interesting, but for that, I'd also like to see all the new attacks and abilities, so that combos and triple-Pokemon-teams can be arranged.

Years
  • Exactly. I saw it posted in another thread where the stats of these Pokemon will completely change how competitive battling is now. A Baton Pass-ing Swords Dancer to an already great attacker with a high base Attack stat and EV trained, like Dramantis?

Needless to say, I am excite.

I completely forgot about triple battles. That'll be even more interesting, but for that, I'd also like to see all the new attacks and abilities, so that combos and triple-Pokemon-teams can be arranged.

Dramantis + 1 Baton passed SD boost = around 650 attack. Add STAB + LO or a CB and its close to 1,000. Yikes. Same with my beloved Candlestick poke, throwing around STAB Overheat and Shadow Ball behind 145 SpA :D

I wonder how Smogon will handle all this. They'll certainly be busy. I imagine the VCG rules will change a bit as well.

Last edited:

The Red Chain

This is the competitive battling region. They really went all out with type combos, and all the massive Attack, Special Attack and Speed stats across the board. They really wanted to powerhouse this region, that's for sure. I'm extremely psyched about all of these high numbers everywhere I look. Not to mention the new moves and TMs that stop crap like Scizor, but I'll put my rant on those later in the other thread. XD;

The metagame just got a lot harder.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
  • OMG !!...Look at these stats !..I mean..They're insane..I guess we'll have to make a new tire just for some these Gen V pokes..

Hihidaruma - atk 140 ..Are u serious ?! ..That's more than machamp and it hardly looks like it can punch

Doryuuza - 135 atk and 110 hp ...Carnage !

Roopushin - 105 hp and 140 atk With Guts and Encourage !! ...*shudder*

Waarabiaru - 95 hp 117 atk 92 spd with ground/dark ....welcome to OU

Aakeosu - 140 atk 112 S.atk 110 spd ....That's one heck of a fossil pokemon

Shubarugo - Bug/Steel with 135atk and 105 def and s.def.....Gud luk taking this out

Shanderaa - 145 s.atk ...WHAT ?!...That's huge !!

Ononokusu - 147 ATK ....No comments here..

Sazando - Everything here is monstrous !

Urugamosu - Bug/Fire and 135 s.atk and 100 spd ...!

Seriously !!....I feel pity for Gen 1-4 pokemon...These guys are BEASTS !

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • ...And in conclusion:

Shanderaa's 145 Sp. Atk....Backed with crummy HP reminiscent of Mr. Mime, and a horrendous base 80 speed. Such wasted potential for the Pokémon that broke the Sp. Atk record.

Genosekuto: This mecha-mantis of death reminds me of what Download's effect should have been given to. Sure, it's not the bulkiest thing ever, the steel typing should help it survive hard hits, and it's mixed potential is huge! Well, assuming it has a decent move-pool to abuse Download with...

Hihidaruma: Why am I not surprised that this thing hits like a truck, takes hits like a tank, is relatively fast for a bulky Pokémon, and can transform into a Special Attacker.

Porygon2
    and Gardevoir are still the only Pokes with Trace, and with new abilities that can be easily turned against their owners, these two might find their way back into standard. In fact, Porygon2 might even find higher usage then it's evolved counterpart!

Last edited:

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • The stats for the bug types are much higher in this region, but the stats for the grass types are much lower generally.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • This is the competitive battling region. They really went all out with type combos, and all the massive Attack, Special Attack and Speed stats across the board.[S-HIGHLIGHT] They really wanted to powerhouse this region, that's for sure. I'm extremely psyched about all of these high numbers everywhere I look. [/S-HIGHLIGHT]Not to mention the new moves and TMs that stop crap like Scizor, but I'll put my rant on those later in the other thread. XD;

The metagame just got a lot harder.

IIRC, there was an interview where one of the game designers said that the theme for the Sinnoh Pokemon was "power", evidenced by all of the new evolutions of past Pokemon and the abundance of Legendary Pokemon. I've spent the last hour scouring Google and the Web for the article, but to no avail...

Yet the dawn of Generation V is upon us, with Pokemon boasting frightening base stats. If the theme for Sinnoh's Pokemon was power, I believe that the theme for Isshu's Pokemon is either "overkill" or "Chuck Norris"...

Though it appears that the theme for Generation V is difference: https://www.siliconera.com/2010/09/12/the-goal-of-pokemon-blackwhite-was-difference/

Well, it appears they succeeded/surpassed their goal in that regard, considering all the praise, outcry, and backlash that is arising as we speak. ;)

Back