• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Battle Scenes!

blue

gucci
    Years
    So it's clear that we're getting some pretty diverse and unique battle scenes introduced into these games which I personally love!

Battle Scenes!

They're really pulling out all the stops to make these games aesthetically impressive, so how do you feel about this? Are you impressed with how they have created the different battle scenes?

Battle Scenes!
    Battle Scenes!

Discuss!

Years
    I do like the river/pond/lake screenshot.

I want to see more of a garden or flowers in the backdrop. Additionally, I would love to see a colorful tropical jungle background. Has pokemon ever had a jungle in the handheld games? I can't recall one.

I am also excited to see some in-door backdrops of the evil team bases and the gym leader battles especially!

Last edited:
    Years
    I love that new battle scene on water, it's really showing how realistic the game scenes will be in this game. I'm also hoping for the Gym battle scenes to come eventually!

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
    Years
    I like how the scenes are looking. Especially the lake and forest ones.

I want to see how the indoor scenes will look like.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
    Years
    so far every aspect of this game has proven to be phenomenal. I think they really turned out around after generation five, the new pokemon are looking great too! the scenes are turning out fantastic, and I hope the rest of the game lives up to it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2018
    I think they look really great, and not to mention there seems to be a very unique look between varying locations. The scene with Pikachu and Fletchling is probably my least favorite battle scene from what we've seen, it just seems a little empty compared to the others.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
    Years
    I really love this so far! It has improved so much during these years. I really love the beach scene and cave scene. We will finally get battle scenes that reflects the environment you battle in, at least it wont be a blur of colors as the background.

Also, they did release the battle system a couple of days ago.
    Battle Scenes!

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
    Years
    Seeing these just make me that much more excited for the game. I think the battles scenes look beautiful and are definitely a step up from what we're used to. I'm looking forward to actually being able to see the world around my Pokemon battling instead of just colors.
    And because it's on the 3DS I'm extra excited, I wonder how it's ultimately going to look while actually playing the game.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2014
    I hope the new battle system, it's so long time with the turn-base, it's time for the brand new system, more complex and real time to make the battle more interesting.

Rayquaza 97

Draco Meteor.
    Years
    I like how most of the time the attacks actually hit the other pokemon, unlike Pokemon Battle Revolution/Stadium/Colosseum etc where the screen just cuts as soon as the attack approaches your opponent. Although it does seem to be Stadium-like in some cases, it's certainly promising.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Are you impressed with how they have created the different battle scenes?
    No, I'm not.
    - Nice that the number of monsters the player has is indicated on the top screen, but that is in a bad position. HP bars are too short.
    - The 'grass circles' do nothing but look out of place in these games.
    - I don't think these scenes look good overall (textures, models & sprites, lighting) considering they're on the 3DS. Monster models look good though.

These aren't major complaints though; what I'm aprehensive of is the move animations.

tnfsf11

I want to see more a garden or flowers in the backdrop. Additionally, I would love to see a colorful tropical jungle background. Has pokemon ever had a jungle in the handheld games? I can't recall one.
    A jungle would be a great idea, but doesn't the Safari Zone count as one? It's not that wild but I guess it's the only place where they'll be able to make a jungle...
    However They could make some kind of trip to a place in the outskirts of the map where there's a real jungle with over-leveled pokes & maybe a legendary, even though it's probably gonna be a maze with no rest places or PokéCenters I think it would be awesome. :)

Also they wouldn't put too much details on battle backgrounds because the point is to focus on the beauty of the 3D pokes in action rather than the background, which was worked on pretty well in the overworld ;)

Nakala Pri

The battle scenes are very impressive. Personally, these images take my breath away every time. I love the art so much! The colors are great, too. :P

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    I'm actually impressed! I expected it to turn out much worst, to be honest.

Also, they did release the battle system a couple of days ago.
    Battle Scenes!

Wow, I am loving the design in the bottom image! So smooth and polished... a real improvement to Pokemon Black & White's battle system.

FlamingRage

Can you feel my rage?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    I really like the battle scenes so far. It's nice to actually have a backround of sorts.

I'm still hoping that the rumors I hear about loading pictures from the SD card to be the background are true though. Even though it's been proven the source isn't reliable. But hey, in my troll days, I made a rumor that black/white would have fairy type, it gained popularity and gamefreak just happened to decide that they would make a fairy type in the next gen.

Back