• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Stadium Daily Chit-Chat [Everyone go on the PO server please :D]

crimsonstorm

The Original Crimson
    Years
    • WV
    • Seen Jun 3, 2011
    Hey guys I just picked myself up a wii(finally lol). I plan on getting pbr soon here and was wondering if any of you battle on pbr.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    Hey guys I just picked myself up a wii(finally lol). I plan on getting pbr soon here and was wondering if any of you battle on pbr.

I would if it didn't take as long as it does. My connection isn't all that great, but working out a way to snag someone's friend code off my computer (main floor) run down to my basement and add them on my Wii, run back upstairs, let them know and wait for them to get on isn't completely worth the better animations and seeing my pokemon in 3D.

Plus, the overall lag on the move choices can be tiring...especially in a stall match lol.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
    This is more...trading, than battling but it does have something to do with wifi. So I was supposed to trade but it's not going through. Yeah, so I'm standing by waiting on the other person to initiate the trade when weird, _____ wants to trade with you! (I'M ON STANDBY AND THAT POPS UP, WHAT?!) I'm so utterly confused. That roulette battle is going out the window, much less more trades later.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Unfortunately, you guys can go try to get a battle at Marriland (lol) and still find the Skarm / Bliss / Cress rule, lmao. That's why this is the only place I battle people, because if they say anything against standard rules, or at least anything drastically against them, they get a big fat noob stamp on their forehead.

The only thing I'm really looking forward to in the 5th gen is some new Eeveelutions for in-game. Well, I dunno, I've always wanted a Fire / Grass type Pokemon. I mean, it sucks that just about everything is either Neutral or SE against it, but it would have to at least look pretty sweet, considering they're completely contrasting types. Even something like Fire / Water would be awesome.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Gotta love that Shoddy Community night, especially since Wi-Fi doesn't get one.
    Stop complaining; building teams are more convenient on Shoddy as you will only be using them for that one moment, as well as battles being quicker because all four tournaments need to be done that one night without it finishing at 2 AM.

Detox

Because your argument makes no sense and your party proves that

Really, cant we all just chill out?

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
    lolz I love how I get called a flame-baiter just because I don't agree with the majority and then someone says I'm complaining.

Syndrome: Yeah, now. What I said that touched all this off was me pointing out hypocrisy(which I hate), and was also partly sarcastic. Getting called a flame baiter for it is perfect reason to complain.

THEREFORE----->let's talk about something else.
    What would be the best moveset on a Special Wall Blissey?

Last edited:

Salvation

To be saved.
    Years
    Blissey @ Leftovers
    252 HP / 252 Defense / 4 SAtt
    Bold Nature
    Natural Cure
    > Wish
    > Protect
    > Flamethrower / Seismic Toss
    > Toxic / Thunderwave

I run this set :x the standard is something else. Just check here.

Detox

I prefer Snorlax because it it cute and it annoys people into quitting sometimes.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2012
    damn I missed the flamewar.

I'm not really a stall kinda guy...For me it's all out offense most of the time haha.

dr4g0n12

Δράκος
    Years
    I will say something about shoddy, and that is that it has no hacks. That is good.
    But, i am working on trying to hex-hack a shoddy team file.

EDIT:
    It did not work, so i am trying now to hack the shoddy application.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    I've used the stall tactic before...though in most cases, it's usually only in cases where I've run out of other options.

I remember this battle where all of my attackers were KO'd, and the last one remaining was Skarmory and his Stealth Rock/Roar. Luckily for me though, my opponent was weakened enough for me to be able to sweep with that. XD

Last edited:

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Stall is fun! (But boring when facing another stall team ಠ_ಠ)

Its not that hard (but apparently over wifi it takes like 12349823975 hours to finish).

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    Stall is fun! (But boring when facing another stall team ಠ_ಠ)

Its not that hard (but apparently over wifi it takes like 12349823975 hours to finish).

Stall on stall usually ends in a PP stall war almost always. It sucks. I love stall otherwise. It's slow setting up, but once set up, things go REALLY fast as they opponent is annihilated by all the entry hazards.

Wish Bliss is my favorite Blissey. Wish support is great, and Flamethrower/Toxic combo is only walled by Tran (which honestly kind of sucks since sometimes Bliss is my first switch in. ~_~)

NU needs more stall components. Having to use crappy NFE's kind of sucks.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    ^ I agree Aero. Miltank and Slowking combo is really the only thing NU stall has going for it haha and i guess some random guys like Clops help alot. Qwilfish, Cloyster, Leafeon and Poliwrath moving to UU REALLY hurt it.

Bliss is blegh these days imo. Especially Wish/Protect Bliss since the metagame is pretty much semi stall now and Spikes annihilate it. If you keep Roaring it with Spikes up when it casts Wish it cant heal itself because it doesn't get its own Wish lol. Oh and did i mention how Toxic Spikes weak it is ? Yeah...

Softboiled > Protect imo on Wish Bliss to stop this and to stop them DDing/SDing twice etc on your Protect and then on the switch out, since you can Softboiled on the switch in of a physical threat and get out of there next turn. Also Bold and Max HP doesnt even help it, it helps by like 9% physically when Calm lets you take hits on the special side ~20% better. Especially when things like Specs Latias strips like 40% of your health off with Draco, even more so with Spikes up. However with Calm it does a measly 28.7% - 34.1% which is much better. And if you are using Flamethrower (to hit Gengar, one of the moves selling points)then actually beating it would be a good start. LO Gar can 2hko Bold Bliss with Focus Blast with SR up sometimes which is honestly pathetic. So yes Calm is alot better than Bold.

Speaking of Flamethrower.. Flamethrower Bliss is outdated. Toxic + S-Toss is better on Wish Bliss, i prefer beating things like Sub Latias, Heatran and Empoleon thankyou very much lol. Gengar is kinda a joke and you arent beating the Sub/Rest Talk Rotoms either way. I guess Flamethrower is ok to stop Forretress and Skarm setting up on you but other than its really way too situational to be of any use these days imo but use it if you fear those two i guess lol. Scizor is hit reasonably hard by S-Toss and SR on the switch so i mean...yeah. :x

As for stall, its very cute and beats silly bulky offense and heavy horrible offense because i like to be able to actually switch my team in without taking like 90% from something. ._. Offense really doesnt work anymore at least on shoddy lol.

EDIT :

Also, Stealth Rock/Toxic/S-Toss/Softboiled is a cute set too.

EDIT 2 :

Also do you guys actually use stall on Wifi ? Ive heard its like non existent but it kills everything there if you do it properly.

Last edited:

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
    Well, I stall when I have to because I've tried the "nothing but offense" strategy and lost with it every single time.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    Lol, some time ago, I used a lead and 5 random sweepers. That worked really well :D.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Um, well, Richard Lynch used to use it, and beat everyone (Aside from myself and Lumine occasionally). Of course, that was in early D/P, when I didn't know what I was doing. Once I used DDTauntTar I had no problem beating it. But I've used it, and it's not as godly as people say, lol.

Back