• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Stadium Daily Chit-Chat [Everyone go on the PO server please :D]

Detox

Really, wifi is more suited to offense.There really is no reason to use stall. Things like Gyarados have a hell of an easier time sweeping because there is no rotom-a there to stop it. IMO Gyara, Scizor, Mence etc are on just about every team, whereas on shoddy stall is the superior play style. Another reason stall is virtually nonexistant on wifi is that with all the animations and all that, battles could take as long as two hours to complete, and I'm certain no one wants that…

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Yeah, one time I took a stall team into battle with Richard Lynch and the battle lasted, I believe, around 3 hours. Not even kidding.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    You can turn voice off. @_@ I always do since the quality is awful. I'd much rather IM/VM/PM the opponent about the battle than discuss it with them and say "what?" every two seconds. lol

Press X in the Wifi Club place and it should say something.

Piplup-Trainer

This is my custom user title.
    Years
    You can turn off the Voice Chat during the battle.
    Before you battle, the guy who opened a battle has to press X.
    If you join then you won`t hear anything besides the in-game sound.
    But if only you press the X button and if the guy who opened a battle doesn`t do that, then the voice chat will be active during the battle.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Guys, Ooka knows you can turn off the voice. He means that he'd like it if you could turn off battle animation in the same manner. =P

Though I like having the animations present, thus I'd never be going that route. xD

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Animations suck when you have a 10 second lag between choosing an option (i.e. Fight, Team, etc) though lol. :(

Detox

I don't really care about the animations in battles that are short, but in longer ones it gets annoyng, hence why I play on shoddy more nowadays, but I may soon return to wifi battling.

.Aero

Years
    If Shoddy 2 gets animations, stall might become a nightmare. I sure hope that ladders are animation-less by default so that battles won't take hours. :P

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Yeah, guys, I know you can turn it off lol. Thanks Zam, for being there to interpret it. XD

Hopefully Shoddy 2 will have an option for on / off animation. I honestly think no animation is a cool option. Yeah it's cool, but it takes too long.

Detox

it takes like 5 minutes to get to the other persons turn after this...

.Aero

Years
    rofl. So true. Regardless animations do add something to a battle and if Wifi can become more efficient (as in faster) it would be so much easier to play stall, or even have longer, drawn out battles. I can't tell you how many times I go from really excited about a battle and then bored as hell by the time someone is down to three pokemon. ;o;

This is one reason I prefered 3v3 over Wifi in my former gym.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    Blissey used softboiled

it takes like 5 minutes to get to the other persons turn after this...

i know how you feel >.<
    it lags SO much on wifi.
    Slowking uses Surf!
    Its super-effective!
    ......30 seconds later damaged finally drops

dont even get me started on stall matches...

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Really, wifi is more suited to offense.There really is no reason to use stall. Things like Gyarados have a hell of an easier time sweeping because there is no rotom-a there to stop it. IMO Gyara, Scizor, Mence etc are on just about every team, whereas on shoddy stall is the superior play style. Another reason stall is virtually nonexistant on wifi is that with all the animations and all that, battles could take as long as two hours to complete, and I'm certain no one wants that…

Rotom isnt the only Gyara counter you know. Vaporeon is also EXTREMELY common on wifi from what ive seen. Also those pokes you mention are on every team on shoddy too and it doesnt hurt stall.

I can remember using Obi Stall rip off (Noir > Tomb and Glis >> Hippow) on wifi haha and i agree it took like 8 years to do lol.

Detox

COUNTERZ LOLOL IMMA JUST LET IT KILL ME THEN REVENGE

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    I know, but most people are like

COUNTERZ LOLOL IMMA JUST LET IT KILL ME THEN REVENGE

>__>
    <__<

Thats what I thought you were supposed to do when I first started battling, haha.
    I've learned better though.

But, I couldn't even begin to imagine how long it would take. That 3v3 battle we did where you swept me with a Yanmega took too long for me, I think I'm addicted to Shoddy's fast pace lol.

Detox

yeah, doing a simple tactic as subbing down to a petaya boost is long

Back