• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Towers

SawkTheWarrior

SW-7387-7525-9201
Years
  • I love S/V (they are my favorite games in the series) but i'm sad they ommited the battle tower. The ace tournament thing is fine, but with a lvl 100 Garchomp it poses little issue. The battle tower was good because it set the levels of all your pokemon to a certain point. I never played Sw/Sh, so i don't know if there is one there, but i still miss the battle tower in the new games. Anyone else feel the same?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I've not played Violet since the start of the year - more because I came late to Gen VIII than a knock on the games - but not having a battle facility is rubbish. Its fine in something like Legends where there's obvious story reasons for it, but when your main rival is so battle-obsessed its meme'd, and the trainers' school is apparently the main non-hospitality occupation in the region? Of course there'd be a Battle Tower!

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • I'm with you, Sawk. I don't like the absence of the Battle Tower either. It sucks because they were headed in such a right direction with Pokémon Sword and Shield, where they finally allowed you to use any Pokémon regardless of its legendary status. I used to use to practice all my strategies before playing competitively. Now I'm forced to actually test my strategies against real people right off the bat, which could make me look crazy at times. Hopefully, they add a battle facility of sorts in the DLC. Rumor has it that the DLC will be based on Kalos. With that, we could be getting a Battle Maison, if true. I have no clue what their actual plans are though, so don't quote me on it.

Years
  • Yeah it kinda sucks that the gen that is by FAR the most friendly to creating competitive mons has no offline way to compete in challenging battles. But at least there' online PVP

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I'm with you, Sawk. I don't like the absence of the Battle Tower either. It sucks because they were headed in such a right direction with Pokémon Sword and Shield, where they finally allowed you to use any Pokémon regardless of its legendary status. I used to use to practice all my strategies before playing competitively. Now I'm forced to actually test my strategies against real people right off the bat, which could make me look crazy at times. Hopefully, they add a battle facility of sorts in the DLC. Rumor has it that the DLC will be based on Kalos. With that, we could be getting a Battle Maison, if true. I have no clue what their actual plans are though, so don't quote me on it.

I wouldn't hold out hope for another region appearing. More likely they do Poké-Andorra as its own self-contained thing where you have to fast-travel into it. Although I'd prefer something based on the Canary Islands i.e. a lot more water, and an almost entirely unique set of Pokémon compared to Paldea.

I really appreciate how SwSh Battle Tower is more flexible too. If I want the old-fashioned restricted experience I can go into BDSP where you now have difficulty levels, but before that last unrestricted batch of Ranked Battles it was so fun to get to use my mythicals!

Years
  • I miss varied battle facilities the most - so what we had in Pokémon Emerald. That was incredibly fun and the different battle modes/types meant I would never really get bored. Rentals were my favorite.

The Battle Tower is also good though, and I really wish they could keep these features in each time. Battling isn't as fun to me when playing online since there are often well-built, competitive players around - and sometimes I don't want to worry about that & instead just do some in-game offline battles. A bit less tedious (and doesn't require a Switch online subscription lol).

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I eventually was able to get more than one hundred victories in a row inside the Pokémon Shining Pearl's battle tower, but I don't really care about these places as a whole since they're overall based on luck and hax (plenty of random critical hits or, even worse, sheer cold going with a 100% accuracy) coming from the opponent's side. Also, you're pretty much forced to make use of a very limited selection of Pokémon to build yourself some hope to win.

Years
  • I loved Gen VI Tower version with various formats to try. I also used it to test my PVP teams or to make a themed teams. I wish we at least get something like that again.

Years
  • I really liked the Battle facilities in general. Like the ones in Emerald or Platinum. I wasn't that good, so I have never really got too far, but they were pretty hard and a good way to get into more difficult battles. Nowadays, I'd be surely more interested in playing in those facilities. I did several battles in the Sword Battle Tower. I think it's something that S/V kinda miss, but let's hope it gets introduced with a DLC. I wouldn't say I am convinced of that, but if that happened, I'd be happy.

Back