• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Anime You've Ever Seen?

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
Years
  • If Avatar: The Legend of Korra were anime, that'd probably be my favorite. I just finished it this morning... AMAZING.

But for strictly Japanese stuff, Yu Yu Hakusho, Tenchi Muyo, and Toradora are a few of my favorites.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
  • Tsuritama is one of the best i have seen along with Usagi Drop

~Trebuh~

Jiggles, The legendary fairy
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    Code Geass R1 & R2 - EPIC.
    Kurishitsuji 1 and 2(too awesome :-D )
    Hajime no Ippo - Boxing + Comedy = EPIC.
    Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    One piece (Shounen! )
    Gintama - Too funny.. Hahaha xD
    Sankarea - new anime that just ended last week? Too short but its too awesome for me. :-)

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2012
    The last anime I watch always seems to be the best ^^ So the order in which I watched from first to last... and I love them all!
    1.Death Note
    2.Code Geass
    3.Full Metal Alchemist
    4.Angel Beats
    5.Spice & Wolf

Spice and wolf is so good I even got the short novels

Brendonwii

Gooby pls
    Years
  • I'd have to say hands down: One Piece.

I came in with very low expectations and thought it was childish.
    I watched a few episodes when it was dubbed by
    4kids. I hated it.

I thought I'd give it ago this year and I love it. The characters, the backstories, the story, the animation. It's all amazing. I'm able to relate to this anime.
    Even though it gets fairly boring at some points, some of the arcs overdrawn. I still love it.

DaEpicTrainer

One Pokemon to Rule Them All
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 26, 2013
    Rurouni Kenshin, Dragon Ball Z, Naruto Shippuuden..[Yea dragon ball z is more like a cartoon but still is an anime..]

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Definitely, hands down. I absolutely adore this anime, it really changed how I view life and the characters are just amazing. x]

BlazingLink

Sergeant Serious
    Years
  • This may come as no surprise to many others, but I love SKET Dance.
    It really seemed to pull of the whole "high school club" anime-type really
    well! The characters seem realistic, and they're all pretty open with each other. And there are characters that are hilarious sometimes, and serious other times. And the action scenes with Himeko, and occasionally Bossun are awesome.

I'm also really addicted to Ao no Exorcist, or Blue Exorcist. Favorite shonen action anime.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2012
    Here are the animes I have watched and enjoyed~

~Lucky Star
    ~Ouran Highschool Host Club
    ~Fruits Basket
    ~Shugo Chara[a bit like Sailor Moon, but better, x3]
    ~Baka and Test
    ~Ultra Maniac

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Originally I would have said Dragon Ball, the entire series (well, not GT, but I don't consider that canon anyways); I consider it one of the most underrated as well as the most belittled anime of all time. The amount of pure genius and revolutionary potential in the show is astounding, but the problem is that due to it's rubbing up against the manga release, it had to do things such as add filler and the like to make ends meet. Regardless, it my favorite manga series.

Otherwise, Summer Wars, which also shares the spot as the best movie I've ever seen (anime or otherwise). The mannerisms and animation are incredibly well done, the atmosphere and world that the movie exists in is detailed and believable, and the characters, despite their amount, are unique, varied, contemporary, and incredibly well done, something that is rarely seen when it comes to a show with a boatload of main characters (especially when it comes to movies). I could go on for hours about how much I love this movie, there is so much in the way of art that makes me, personally, love this movie.

Skitty1

Highlight my signature :)
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2012
    First...

I would say Bludgeoing Angel Dokuro-Chan...

2m7691h.jpg

In a nutshell it is about an angel who comes from the future to stop the MC from creating a device that makes all woman stop aging at age 11 or 12 in other words a pedo -bear world device... it is funny but gory.

Second...

MM! - this anime is very odd but I loved it :3

Wiki summary - spoiler alert said:
    Taro Sado is a masochist and goes to a high school with his male friend Tatsukichi Hayama. Taro falls in love for the first time with a girl, who is in fact cross-dressing Tatsukichi. Because Taro wants to be cured of his masochism so that he can confess his love to Tatsukichi, he goes to the Second Voluntary Club to get help. There he meets Mio Isurugi, a self-proclaimed god, and Arashiko Yuno, the girl who made him a masochist in the first place, however, she has androphobia. Also, there is the club adviser, and school nurse, Michiru, and Arashiko's best friend, Yumi, and the president of the Inventors Club, Noa Hiragi, and her lolicon assistant, Himura.

Yumi... is my favorite character... I have a thing for Pink hair :/

Anime logo...

f9dsud.jpg

Seiren

Playing the Spirit's Tune~
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2013
    princesstutu2.png

Princess Tutu, without a doubt. It's a fantastic blend of classic fairytale and original content, with quite an emotional storyline - it's very rare for me to actually come out of an anime liking all of the main characters, and the development they all undergo is noteworthy - and an excellent soundtrack consisting of some of the best classical music.

It takes these concepts and makes them its own by taking them in directions you wouldn't expect and, whilst the ending is what you'd expect, it builds up to it brilliantly. For a magical girl anime, it's lacking in transformation sequences and flashy special attacks, and makes its Monsters of the Week more than that by giving them their own stories and actually making you care about them, as the objective isn't to defeat them through sheer force.

More people need to watch this; it's one of those hidden gems. Just don't watch it dubbed; it got mutilated worse than Gurren Lagann did...

Years
  • The best anime I have ever seen would be Full metal alchemist/Full metal alchemist:Brotherhood.
    The story is just amazing, all the characters have awesome individual personalities, a slight hint at romance, action that is just well Awesome!, and everything about it is perfect.

If on best romance anime, since it is like its own thing because of soooo many lol I would say Kimi Ni todoke. It didn't really end since the manga i believe is still going but it was super adorable and cute. Something about it just really stuck.

Another awesome anime is Kuroshitsuji...beast of an anime. Gahh so many good ones >.< I'll stick with FMA/FMA:Brotherhood as the best ;^;!

Back