• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: best coast california

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
  • Now that I think of it, laziness must have gotten in the way of me learning programming ;-;

Good luck though Jess! May you not be as lazy as I am

Crux

Evermore
    Years
  • Yeah, you really should look more into it, Jess. It's fun when you aren't pulling your hair out because you can'tfigureoutwhattheproblemisinthecodeandyoukeepchangingthingsbutnothingisworkingand-

Yeah, try it out.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • There's a system for everything - you just have to know how to work it. And with C, pretty much everything is DIY—unless you use a library like Scintilla, which is useful for ROM hacking functions when writing native (non-.NET) programs. In .NET everything you need is pretty much handed to you on a silver platter with a fork and knife for everything (think: dictionary collections).

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    can'tfigureoutwhattheproblemisinthecodeandyoukeepchangingthingsbutnothingisworkingand-
    Are you referring to that time when you tried to learn CSS? X}

Honestly, what mostly is going to get me procrastinating is having to download stuff. I hardly bothered to download RNG reporter and EonTimer. I'm a little paranoid.

Crux

Evermore
    Years
  • I don't even understand that. How can I code in C, C++, C++11, HTML, and Java, but CSS was hard for me to learn? Dx

The downloads should be generally clean if you just keep to reputable websites, and have an anti-virus as backup, though.

I killed the thread. -×-
    Someone change the subject please.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well, I actually have an experience of making a game from complete scratch in Java, though I was working with my friend.

I also have some knowledge of Python, though it's a bit different from Java, obviously.

That's it, I'm going to change the topic. How's 2014 treating you guys so far?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    So far, it's all right. Nothing's interesting going on for me, but nothing too bad either. What about you?

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Crap, for the most part. Got dumped, and haven't really done much. Might get some booze tomorrow, though I dunno if it'll be enough to really effect me. Did get a new phone though, probably the highlight of my year so far.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Ooh, that sucks D:. My béguin's best friend just got dumped (she was cool about it), and I was talking to her about how much I like said friend. I said, "You know Katie?" She pauses, and then's like "NO WAY ARE YOU DATING KATIE" with the biggest grin. I was like "Naw, but I'm gettin' there. Workin' my way in, you know? Got to get to know her."

Code:
    $ sudo wget http://www.pokecommunity.com/images/templates/topseekreht/whatsupporter.png -P ~

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Well to summarise: started my job at the craft store, got promoted to front-end lead, got a date, then I got blown off, got in touch with my bff fo lyfe (<3), aaaand i'm waiting for friday to come around because I cannot wait to go back to work tbh. xD

That's 2014 for me so far. lol

Years
  • To answer my own question, 2014 has been uneventful so far except going to billards/table tennis winter session. It'll probably be more interesting once my semester starts, but at the same time I'll be very busy.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Oh, mole is an Australian colloquialism lol - in this context it's essentially another term for the B word :P

Also Dipu you're kind of ignoring me on Skype but that's cool

And béguin haha that's awesome! Go Canada!

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Oh, whoops, sorry, I'm signed into Skype on my tablet, which is upstairs. Be right with you in a sec. And nah, her reasoning for breaking up was absolutely legit. I can't/wont hold it against her.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back