• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Legendary Pokemon trio: Who is the most powerful?

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2013
    Hello, I'm AlphaGiratina, and I'm new to PokeCommunity. However, this doesn't mean I'm new to Pokémon. I've been playing the game for a good portion of my life, and just recenty decided to connect with other fans.

The topic of this thread, of course, is which Legendary Pokémon trio (i.e., Titan Trio, Creation TTrio, etc.) is the most powerful. I cannot express enough that this thread should not be populated by un-factually backed opinions, and please use logic and references to Pokémon folklore to answer this thread.

My personal thought is that the most powerful trio is the Creation Trio from Sinnoh. For those of you who do not know, it consists of Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina, and they were created by Arceus himself and entrusted with three extremely powerful elements: Time, Space, and Antimatter. I believe that this alone makes them the most powerful, but their in-game battle stats are also remarkable.

But which trio do you all think rises above most? I am eager to hear!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Bro make a poll or something for such questions.. Well I should say the new Dragon trio of Unova are very powerful too. You know Zekrom, Reshiram and Kyurem. Each having unique typing and attacks

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Welcome to PC, AlphaGiratina! Seems like your thread was indeed moved here ;D But I actually want to put it in the main forum. This can be discussed! Rather than just people posting opinions and going. Good idea for a topic, you've contributed as a good member to PokéCommunity already ;)

The weather trio is very powerful with their elemental powers, but I think the creation trio is more powerful actually. Power over time and matter - and antimatter! - is just in a different league from the Hoenn "gods" imo. I remember thinking that legendaries started to become ridiculously powerful in the Sinnoh games. But then they took it down a notch in Unova so I'm glad for that.

@ alienhunterx, yeah the Unova dragons are strong but they aren't on par with the weather/creation trios imo. They are just really strong pokémon, while the others have godly powers, really. Kyurem is a different matter though - didn't the Keldeo movie say that it was the strongest pokémon alive since it held the power of both Reshiram and Zekrom and its own powers? But mainly, that puts Kyurem in the league with Mewtwo, Genesect and Deoxys etc rather than with the "gods".

Can we discuss Lugia and Ho-oh too? They are more like Zekrom and Reshiram, I think. Great legends of importance to their region, but not really gods. And they don't have a third counterpart so I don't know if you want to count those in, but they are up there in the same kind of gang :p

Like I said, just moving this to Pokémon General in an attempt to promote discussion ;)

-moved

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I like the creation and weather trios because they seem powerful due to the fact they can control weather and time/space respectively.

Thergox

Average Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2014
    Can we discuss Lugia and Ho-oh too? They are more like Zekrom and Reshiram, I think. Great legends of importance to their region, but not really gods. And they don't have a third counterpart so I don't know if you want to count those in, but they are up there in the same kind of gang :p

I don't believe Lugia and Ho-oh are part of a trio -- I think they are stand-alones that resonate very closely to each other. Lugia has power over the legendary birds, as he is the only one capable of breaking up their conflict. Ho-oh, on the other hand, controls the legendary beasts. In this sense, they are almost godly, but beyond a small circle of three they don't have much power.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Trio_master

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Probably the creation trio. They both have great typings and excellent stats. Dialga and Palkia are insane special attackers while Giratina is an extreme wall. Giratina-O is a bulky attacker with insane bulk, too. I don't like them because they are Uberz.

Years
  • The Weather Trio in my opinion. Rayquaza in particular seems incredibly powerful. Besides, anyone who can scare Groudon and Kyogre into submission by growling at them... Yeah you should be intimidated by Rayquaza.

Also, dem Atk Stats! Yum.

Groudon, excellent Attack and Defence

Kyogre, excellent Sp. Attack and Sp. Defence...

Combine them and you get a terrifying team, capadble of destroying the entire planet, and totally capable of destroying your little Creation Trio...

Thergox

Average Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2014
    The Weather Trio in my opinion. Rayquaza in particular seems incredibly powerful. Besides, anyone who can scare Groudon and Kyogre into submission by growling at them... Yeah you should be intimidated by Rayquaza.

Also, dem Atk Stats! Yum.

Groudon, excellent Attack and Defence

Kyogre, excellent Sp. Attack and Sp. Defence...

Combine them and you get a terrifying team, capadble of destroying the entire planet, and totally capable of destroying your little Creation Trio...

I dunno. . . The creation trio is pretty fierce. Not only was Giratina rampant enough to get himself forced into another dimension by Arceus, but I'm pretty sure he would be able scare the green out of the sky demon himself :P

In battle, I would predict that Dialga would be wiped out with ease by Groudon, but Groudon would, in turn, be capsized by Palkia. Since the Creation trio consists entirely of dragons, Rayquaza will be busted in a matter of seconds (Though he IS rather fast, so if he managed to take down Palkia first, he might stand a chance), and Palkia and Giratina could proceed to team Kyogre. Kyogre, at this point, should consider surrender, because he will be rendered into crumbs by even one of their physical attacks.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Dialga, Palkia & Giratina, IMO.
    Have any reasons for considering them stronger than, for example, the Hoenn trio or the Regis etc? It's more fun to discuss for a bit than to just post some words and go ;)

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2014
    Although i prefer the weather trio, the creation trio is stronger. For the same reasons most others have pointed out

Years
  • If Creation trio can control time, space, and antimatter, then technically they're more powerful than a trio that can only control the weather, as former is on a much grander scale than the latter. However based on game mechanics I think Weather trio is more powerful primarily because of Drizzle and Drought, which can easily be game changers. I also like their designs better.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    most powerful trio i would agree is the creation trio i don't think any of them can stand up to them. type advantage i don't think really applies to legendary pokemon as is'nt that why there legendary?there far more powerful than any other pokemon. the regis dont even come close. Ash defeated one maybe 2?i cant remember exactly but certainly one and if ash can defeat one i think the creation trio wont need to be a trio to beat all 3 of them on there own.i think a better question would be the most powerful legendary as an individual excluding arceus because technically he doesnt even live on earth. i think the best showdown you can get to go against the creation trio would be Groudon etc but i still dont think they could defeat the creation trio. the swords of justice would be wiped out and extinct in seconds followed by the regis.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • Last time I checked, I think the weather trio has proven themselves to be most effective in the Uber tier overall.

I don't think this is a really fair comparison, considering that the trios that involve mascot legendaries (weather, creation, tao) are more powerful than the more traditional trios (birds, beasts, etc.)

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • It all depends on who is fighting whom. I still like the bird trio. Paired against the weather trio, I think they'd fair rather well based on type matching, koffi~

Kyogre < Zapdos

Why? Zapdo's Thunder hits every time without fail due to Kyogre's ability. Great job setting yourself up on a platter, fish. There is a small chance (if that) of Kyogre walking away clean.

Rayquaza < Articuno

Why? Ice trumps Dragons and we've been over this before. If Rayquaza fails to end Articuno quickly, and Articuno uses Blizzard or Ice Beam, it's toast. OR you could say cold toast. A 4x weakness to ices gives it little chance against the bird one-on-one, coupled with STAB from Articuno, Ice-type moves will prove fatal. I guess you could say that Rayquaza got stabbed. . .

Groudon < Moltres

Why? Again, the weather trio's abilities are working against them. Sunlight powers up all of Moltres' flame attacks. In addition, Moltres' superior special attack will make relatively short work of Groudon's less than stellar special defense. If Groudon is unfortunate enough to have, let's say, two ground type moves, Moltres will remain unfazed and Groudon will have to struggle with only two usable moves. What's more, Groudon is typically raised to have a higher attack stat, so Moltres may have a speed advantage. If Groudon uses it's only natural Rock-Type move, Ancient Power, and Moltres uses fly, Groudon will have only two more chances (Pressure comes in handy here) to hit Moltres and hope to end it. The fight probably won't even last that long to even get to that point.

Hope that helps, koff~

Back