• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best villain boss?

Best villainous leader?

• Giovanni of Team Rocket

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Archie of Team Aqua

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Maxie of Team Magma

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cyrus of Team Galactic

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Ghetsis of Team Plasma

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • Lysandre of Team Flare

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Gonzap of Team Snagem

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Evice of Collosseum's Cipher

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Greevil of XD's Cipher

Votes: 2 4.0%

• Total voters

Kirschwasser

Knight of Selphia
Years
  • Which of the in-game enemy group leaders was your favorite, and why?

1. Giovanni (Team Rocket)
    2. Archie (Team Aqua)
    3. Maxie (Team Magma)
    4. Cyrus (Team Galactic)
    5. Lysandre (Team Flare)
    6. Gonzap (Team Snagem)
    7. Ghetsis (Team Plasma)
    8. Evice (Cipher - Colosseum)
    9. Greevil (Cipher - XD)

Personally, I liked Lysandre. He was what one would call a well-intentioned extremist, and he was just cool overall...

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • My favorites are usually any villain with red eyes (because I associate red with evil), but I say Ghetsis. I like his new word "liberation", but I especially appreciate the black gown he wears in B2W2, as well as possession of a Hydreigon, the only villain to have a pseudo-legendary.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I most prefer Cyrus although Lysandre and Evice come in a close second and third respectively due to the fact that Cyrus wasn't over the top like some of the other big bads were and he was cunning enough to inspire his followers to where they would follow him to the ends of the earth to name a few reasons why I liked the guy over the others so much.

Kirschwasser

Knight of Selphia
    Years
  • *looks at the voting*

*notices Lysandre got another vote*

*begins running around and squealing*

YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Lysandre deserves all the votes, in my opinion! >:3

Fitzsy

authentic cool guy
    Years
  • Lysandre's snazzy leather ensemble and Canadian pride hair and obsession with beauty and Dr. Octopus cosplay and Mega Gyarados... He's my perfect villain is what I'm saying.

And this doesn't hurt.

Kirschwasser

Knight of Selphia
    Years
  • Lysandre's snazzy leather ensemble and Canadian pride hair and obsession with beauty and Dr. Octopus cosplay and Mega Gyarados... He's my perfect villain is what I'm saying.

And this doesn't hurt.

That and he's kind of good-looking. XD

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    For me, it would have to be Giovanni. He was the boss of Team Rocket as well as the final gym leader of Kanto. Not sure why the league would allow a person like him to be a gym leader (since, of course, he's associated with a criminal organization), but somehow, he got there. Awesome, right? :p My second favorite is Archie, and the third's Maxie.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • My favorite would have to be Giovanni, he's a gym leader, leader of Team Rocket, creator of Mewtwo, wrote a book about the secret earth art battling, helped Yellow in PokeSpec and also the father of Silver! :D

And I'm not even done with the awesome things he as done xD

Those are more than enough to say why Giovanni is awesome :P

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Lysander. His goal was to KILL ALL POKEMON.

AND NOBODY KNEW THAT.

BECAUSE A GOOD VILLAIN KEEPS THAT STUFF SECRET. (until he monologues to a ten year old.)

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Ghetsis wins on his sheer duplicity alone. He travels around Unova touting pokémon liberation, but his true motivations, absolute power above all else, remains unknown to even the grunts of his own organization.

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Sep 1, 2015
    CYRUS IS DA BEST. NO DOUBT.
    RECREATE THE WORLD? YES. WHY NOT?
    YOU HAVE MY VOTE CYRUS.
    (but not for your grunt's hair, mushroom heads, seriously?)

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • I'm voting for Lysandre, he's my favourite villain, he did completely lose the plot at the end though!
    He stands out from the rest, his design, battle theme and motive are really well put.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I think Ghetsis actually had the most achievable goal. Also, they way the story is told through the game was well executed.

XY tryied to pretend the Obvious villain was a good guy to they point that the game XY never established what stakes we were playing for.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
    Years
  • Giovanni easily, he appeared the most in games and anime, was the best and most schrod businessman, his money and team created mewtwo. Camon now... Ghettis is a close second as in the game made a bigger impact than almost any other boss. Lysandre are you kidding? I can't even dive into how ridiculous that is. Must be what's fresh in everyone's mind.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Lysander. His goal was to KILL ALL POKEMON.

AND NOBODY KNEW THAT.

BECAUSE A GOOD VILLAIN KEEPS THAT STUFF SECRET. (until he monologues to a ten year old.)
    Well, a bunch of the others also had this. That is, the 'nobody knew that' bit. Giovanni wasn't terribly well known given he had the status of Gym Leader. Nobody suspected Evice nor Greevil in the GCN games either.

And his goal was not to kill all Pokemon. It was to kill most living things (primarily people) to help keep the world beautiful rather than it fall afoul of overpopulation or the like.

I don't follow the Lysandre love too much, actually. He wasn't an engaging character for me (and I don't care too much for his weird hair), and his plan was... haphazard? Rushed? But that may be in part due to the execution of the plot in the first place. I do agree he had a nice battle theme though.

Not sure who I liked the most. Giovanni was cool if a bit 'generic' in his evilness. Not much screentime, so not much impact. Maxie and Archie are lower - they had interesting motives, sure, but when someone wants to erupt a volcano to help the environment - seriously - and with the 'energy of a meteorite'... uh. Goodbye. Cyrus too had interesting motives and a better execution to his plan, so maybe him? Ghetsis however does have an edge in going about his plan in a different manner, and messing up with N so much in his childhood is... well, certainly something.

As much as I love the GCN games, you don't get as much of a view of the big bads to really like or dislike them imo, compared to the Admins.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • Giovanni... Gym Leader was a nice twist.
    Archie and Maxie... Could your names be more similar?
    Cyrus... you were just to darn obvious, same to you Lysandre.
    Gonzap... You were good for lols.
    Evice... Holy crap that twist.
    Greevil... Sorry, you didn't pull that twist off as well, old man, you were pretty obvious.

Between Evice and Giovanni it's pretty tight, but I'll go with Giovanni because unlike Evice, he has a black suit and doesn't look like a MegaGengar.

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    The best Boss of all games should definitely be Giovanni of team Rocket ! his cold heart towards Pokemon really attracts me

Years
  • Dude.. I'm so tired of evil teams trying to reshape the world or some nonsense. Giovanni.. what did he actually want? In the game, he pretty much wanted nothing in particular. Nothing that wasn't already obtainable. I don't even know if he really wanted to rule the world or anything. He's just a mob boss.. he occupies stuff and intimates people into giving in to his demands. He doesn't need a Castle that comes out of the ground. He doesn't need a Deathray Eradication device that runs on Fairy Farts or something. He doesn't need some Legendary Pokemon to achieve his goals, he did it all with his own two hands!

Giovanni's my pick. He's got cool mob boss swagger, he's actually the most realistic given the world of Pokemon.. and is truly the most "Grown up" one of the bunch.

dirkac

scarfmaster asterisk
    Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2023
    Dude.. I'm so tired of evil teams trying to reshape the world or some nonsense. Giovanni.. what did he actually want? In the game, he pretty much wanted nothing in particular. Nothing that wasn't already obtainable. I don't even know if he really wanted to rule the world or anything. He's just a mob boss.. he occupies stuff and intimates people into giving in to his demands. He doesn't need a Castle that comes out of the ground. He doesn't need a Deathray Eradication device that runs on Fairy Farts or something. He doesn't need some Legendary Pokemon to achieve his goals, he did it all with his own two hands!

Giovanni's my pick. He's got cool mob boss swagger, he's actually the most realistic given the world of Pokemon.. and is truly the most "Grown up" one of the bunch.

... And, what, exactly did he achieve by himself?
    Also, let's just compare this for a minute.
    The recreation of a new world/random crimes that build up to nothing.
    Now which one would require more effort to do.

Anyway, I vote Cyrus, mainly because I liked his plot, Team Galactic was a pretty great organisation, in my opinion, and they also achieved a lot of their goals, and were basically never foiled until the very end.
    I also liked all the small stuff this had that was revealed later on, such as Team Galactic having a cover of being an energy-producer and actually doing so, hence why nobody suspected or stopped them.

Back