• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best villain group in game and anime

Which team is your favorite?

• Team Rocket

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Team Magma/Team Aqua

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Team Galactic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Team Plasma

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Team Flare

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2015
    Jesse, James and Meowth are my favorite in the Johto and Kanto anime. However, I really dislike them in Hoenn and so on. For the games, like many on this list, goes to Team Magma and Aqua. I thought that 2 villainous teams would be an amazing idea.

Years
  • For me being a total genwunner I found team rocket to be the best and most interesting group. I mean Jesse, James, and meowth enough said.. Add in the evil Giovanni who was the viridan city gym leader in gen 1 and it's spells trouble. From their tactics to personalities I would definitely say team rocket will always be my favorite villain group in pokemon and maybe in all games/anime. So who was your favorite villain group in either the games or anime.

^This exactly. On the animes, I don't know. I've only watched some episodes from the first Gen and some from the second.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2016
    Team Rocket is the best! Of corse yea! (I mean Jessie James and Meowth) Pokemon wouldn't be Pokemon without Team Rocket! But Jassie and James should be a couple, they are grown up already...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I haven't seen other groups than TR in the anime, and I really don't think they are any good there so I'll go with the game and manga perspective~

In the PokéSpe manga, all villain groups are pretty sinister and cool. All have their reasons for doing things. Giovanni wants to stop Mewtwo and find his son, Archie and Maxie want supreme power and change Hoenn (iirc) and later Archie wants a wish, Neo Rocket is manipulated by Pryce to find Celebi, Cyrus is evil for real and wants to recreate the universe...

Come to think of it, Team Galactic is the creepiest team. While Magma/Aqua can be reasoned with, and TR are petty thieves or at least criminals, TG has mindless followers and an ultimately sinister goal of destroying the region and enter another dimension. They are so creepy. Never played through a Sinnoh game fully, but in the manga they are downright evil, freezing people into another dimension and blowing up the lakes and stuff. I thought Archie was creepy, but this...

Then there is Team Plasma, which I think is the most interesting of the teams. It has a story and goal, moreso than the other ones. Bar Magma/Aqua perhaps. The whole thing with Ghetsis and N is smart and really, I should finish my White version already to see~

Team Flare, I don't have any clue about. They don't seem too good or cool really :p

Still, TR with Neo Rocket from the manga and later even in the FR/LG saga might be the best villain team still. Rocket and Plasma can get a shared first place from me.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Anime - Jessie, James and Meowth. I believe everyone attests to this due to nostalgia, comedy and a sense of dedication to have villains in the anime in general.

PokéSpe manga - Hmm, this is a hard choice. About all of the evil teams are real serious, and they have some deep serious desires. After TR created Mewtwo and almost destroyed Kanto, and the masked man (Pryce, was it?) capturing time itself, Magma and Aqua fighting over Hoenn itself, Team Galactic being wanted to change the universal laws itself. Team Plasma is one I haven't heard of, but from what RHCP said they seem pretty sinister.

Games - Oh, for sure Team Plasma. They had a good point, though Ghetsis ruined it at the end by the usual world domination ********. Still, N was for one a true follower of this policy. This made them a more 'Pokémon Liberators' type than stupid evil team who lose to kids with weird hats type. I truly started questioning the ethics of Pokémon in general after this (I made a few points on this subject, I once made a thread here about Pokéballism) and this opened me new ideas to toy with. I don't know, it seems that the general points they've started out with have become weird and unreal only after a gargantuan amount of new Pokémon were found. All the same, this team was really the team one had to watch for.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Favorite Villanous Team?

Who's your favorite villainous team from the main series games? Rocket, Magma, Aqua, Galactic, Plasma, or Flare?

My personal favorite by far is Team Plasma. Their plans and their goals actually made sense, which made them legitimately intimidating. I always found Ghetsis to be really scary for some reason. For every other team I've had a hard time taking them completely seriously, or I've had to suspend my disbelief to some extent, but Plasma seems believable.

A close second is Team Rocket, since they actually killed a Pokemon in the Gen 1 games.

Who's your favorite?

(Note, I put Magma and Aqua as one entry because they more or less play the exact same role in Gen III depending on which version you get)

Years
  • We've already got a thread asking people what they're favorite/best villainous team is in Pokemon, so I'll merge your thread over there. We'll keep the poll though, since the original thread didn't have one.

MERGED.

Years
  • Team Plasma for me, with Team Flare coming close behind. Main reason I liked these villains was due to their interesting, more darker plots compared to most of the previous villains. Team Galactic also sorta fits here given the whole space/time theme we had in the Sinnoh games. In fact, Team Plasma was the first villain group I was actually interested in learning the backstory of so no wonder I enjoyed 5th Gen so much.

And I once though Team Flare were gonna be disappointing, but when I played X/Y it turned out their plot was very dark indeed with the whole apocalypse machine thing in Geosenge Town.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • I'd say Team Rocket, because they're basically the mafia, and their black uniforms are badass and menacing. Were we including the spinoff games, though, I'd say Cipher. I mean, they're the only team whose grunts didn't exclusively use the same few Pokemon. Plus, they were the only team not only to capture legendaries but to also convert them to Shadow Pokemon.

Back