• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Breeder's Corner - Where Life Begins

who should we breed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    I consider EV training as much a part of breeding as the rest of it. Its part of the whole cycle, breed, level and train so its the best it can be.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Been breeding a Breloom to try it out, on my first egg run got a 6IV'er which was nice. Just finished levelling now onto EV training.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    Been breeding a Breloom to try it out, on my first egg run got a 6IV'er which was nice. Just finished levelling now onto EV training.

Congrats! It's always nice when you get a 6IV 'mon of any kind. I was able to nab myself a 6iv Totodile a while ago.

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    Name(is this the forum user name or gen 6 username?): Obsideon (for forum) Caelan (for IGN)
    Partner Pokemon: Trapinch (I bread a 4iv one!), Larvitar (I have gotten to 3iv so far but taking a while).
    Experiences in breeding pokemon: DO NOT GET THE EVERSTONE AND DESTINY KNOTS EFFECTS MIXED UP bad things tend to happen.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    Name(is this the forum user name or gen 6 username?): Obsideon (for forum) Caelan (for IGN)
    Partner Pokemon: Trapinch (I bread a 4iv one!), Larvitar (I have gotten to 3iv so far but taking a while).
    Experiences in breeding pokemon: DO NOT GET THE EVERSTONE AND DESTINY KNOTS EFFECTS MIXED UP bad things tend to happen.

Welcome to the club! Your name would be the one you use for the forums, but either way works.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Quite enjoying my Breloom, slow but hits hard and survives well enough with 6IV Impish, Poison Heal (w/toxic orb item) Focus punch, spore, substite and Leech seed.

Not going to use him to battle though instead hes earned his place as my pokemon catcher with False swipe and spore and a name GottaCatchoomAll.

Now trying out breeding for a Murkrow with Eviolite for some Prankster fun.

Last edited:

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    Quite enjoying my Breloom, slow but hits hard and survives well enough with 6IV Impish, Poison Heal (w/toxic orb item) Focus punch, spore, substite and Leech seed.

Not going to use him to battle though instead hes earned his place as my pokemon catcher with False swipe and spore and a name GottaCatchoomAll.

Now trying out breeding for a Murkrow with Eviolite for some Prankster fun.

Oh do you have the prankster Murkrow? I think I have some more left :)

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Yep already have one thanks, still breeding for the right IV's at the moment as the first batch didnt have the ones I wanted.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Finished Murkrow, a nice pokemon with Eviolite as an alternative for my Prankster Squad.

Just breeding an Azumarill now, Huge power with Superpower and Aqua Jet egg moves. Got a 5IV one i just need to train him.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    I just bred 6 new Pokemon, I think my next project will be Deerling! (After I've train my new Pokemon)

Years
    I just recently did a Galade for a mega and was able to do it pretty easily. Now I'm going to try and do a Gothitelle. Because it's apparently broken enough to be banned with Shadow Tag.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    I never really liked the look of Gothitelle but yes ive read a lot about it being broken and banned on smogon. I have to say the amount/type of things they ban on smogon do get silly sometimes.

Years
    I never really liked the look of Gothitelle but yes ive read a lot about it being broken and banned on smogon. I have to say the amount/type of things they ban on smogon do get silly sometimes.

I've seen a good display of it's power. But mostly against people who weren't completely sure how to deal with it. And it was being used by a person who REALLY knew what he was doing.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    Sorry that I haven't been here, guys. Been busy with my Externship and all that jazz for this week and for the next week and a half.
    With that being said I haven't been breeding so much.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    No worries Venitardus, everyone likes to take breaks or is busy from time to time.

Training up my Azumarill at the moment and trying to think of a good name for him. Thinking of things I might breed next.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Finished Azumarill but still no good name.

Now breeding a gen 6 version of my breeding partner Volcarona.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Got a nice 5IV Volcarona now to level her up and see how she fares. Love its look and lovely stats and ok move pool but 4x weakness to Rock is annoying same as Charizard-Y. Quiver dance at least buffs 3 stats in one go so can EV train more towards Def and HP for survivability.

Back