• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Breeder's Corner - Where Life Begins

who should we breed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    I think you could do it. Just teach them it slowly and add more over time. Like, start with the simple thing of just breeding a Pokemon. Then add in natures. Then add in egg groups. Then add egg moves. Then add IV breeding without a 6 IV Ditto, then give them a 6 IV Ditto. That's how I learned, and I'm doing alright I would say. :3 Still working on breeding for Hidden Powers, but I understand it enough to do it. I've gotten multiple Serperior's with the HP I want, but I just gotta keep going till I get it with a higher base power than 35.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    It is not easy to teach to someone else how to breed. I have one of my friend who know the basics to how to breed, but he's always texting me some questions XD

I think you could do it. Just teach them it slowly and add more over time. Like, start with the simple thing of just breeding a Pokemon. Then add in natures. Then add in egg groups. Then add egg moves. Then add IV breeding without a 6 IV Ditto, then give them a 6 IV Ditto. That's how I learned, and I'm doing alright I would say. :3 Still working on breeding for Hidden Powers, but I understand it enough to do it. I've gotten multiple Serperior's with the HP I want, but I just gotta keep going till I get it with a higher base power than 35.

Sorry I don't want to intrude or to chance the subject but..
    That's interesting because it made me realize that my first step is the egg moves part. Then it's the nature, then the IV.

I am curious now, does anyone of you have a "pattern" they use when they want a Pokemon?

Years
    The way I learnt which I am using with her is breeding IV's immediately and trading her my ditto of the needed nature to make it easier for her. Then getting it back when she has enough of her own pokemon, she is currently breeding a Zorua, hopefully female, then I'm going to give her the moveset she should use on it and teach her about EV training via the Silver Leagues method to EV training

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I am curious now, does anyone of you have a "pattern" they use when they want a Pokemon?

I kinda have a pattern. If I want an egg move usually I try to get that onto a poké I want, usually I go for neutral natures (don't ask me why) unless I know one is better in one stat over another. Now that I have a 6iv ditto (never bred for IVs before getting the ditto) I breed for 5-6 iv pokes with the egg move(s) and nature. Usually once I get the perfect one I start breeding for a shiny. Currently bred 10 shinies (have 80 total).

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Yep Egg move first then nature then IV's. Only shiny if I want it or I get lucky.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    I only ever did one hidden power and that was a real ballache to do and took ages, to be honest while the coverage was nice its annoyingly weak still and not worth the effort in my opinion.

Years
    I only ever did one hidden power and that was a real ballache to do and took ages, to be honest while the coverage was nice its annoyingly weak still and not worth the effort in my opinion.

It can really depend. Getting an HP Ice on a MEga Manetric can be game changing. Using it more for those 4x super effective hits. Maybe having an HP Fire/Ground on a Contrary Serperior. If you get the boosts from Contrary then the lower base power won't matter too much. And using it against the pokes that would normally resist you, like HP Fire for Fero and Scizor, or HP Ground for Heatran. Hidden Powers can be important, but again. Probably 80% of the types are pretty much useless as a hidden power.

Years
    Now my friend that I have been teaching breeding to has hatched both a 6IV Zorua and a 5IV one Jolly nature. Next thing to do is teach her about EV training

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    Is anyone interested in a 5-6 iv totodile with its HA? I've been breeding them still with no luck of a shiny..

Back