• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Breeding Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    The Masuda Method: If one of the parents is a foreign Pokemon (ex. Pokemon from Japan, Europe, Australia, etc.) then the chances of breeding a shiny are quadrupled (from 1/8192 to 1/2043).

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2009
    I Like to breed for moves and natures, but i just heard about "IV Breeding" can someone explain it?

Kleinchen

boldly going
    Years
    • CA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2013
    If I traded a (male) Pokemon with move tutor-only moves from Platinum to a Diamond or Pearl, would I be able to breed that Pokemon and get baby pokes with those moves? Or would I just have to breed the Poke I wanted and trade it to someone with Platinum to get those moves?

Also kind of unrelated to the question, but how do you get Heal Bell on Dragonite? It's available on Shoddy but I haven't seen it as a legit move for Nite when I looked on Serebii o-o;

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
    Dragonite with Heal Bell was released when you Purified the Dragonite from Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness

And No. You can not pass down egg moves UNLESS they are already one of the egg moves already so

ex. Any pokemon with Outrage as an Egg move can learn it from a pokemon that was move tutored, if the breeding group is compatible

Kleinchen

boldly going
    Years
    • CA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2013
    Ah, that would explain it. Laaame. :c thanks though x3

And, ok. Thanks for your help x3 It's a good thing I know a ton of people with Platinum who I can bribe into getting move tutor moves for my pokes 8D

The-Great-Falkner

There just that damn good!
    Years
    I put a Mightyana and a Leafeone (wrong sleeping)in the day care 2 days ago and they still haven't mated and I checked the egg groups and they are suppose to mate so why haven't they?

Years
    You have to move around to get eggs. The game determines if you get an egg or not every 256 steps so leaving them in there and doing nothing won't result in any eggs.

If the Day Care Man says something like: "They don't seem to get along very well", then that means that it will take a long while to get eggs.
    If he says something like: "They seem to get along", then your chances of getting an egg are increased.
    If he says something like: "They seem to get along very well", then your chances of getting an egg are at their highest.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Ok, a question about Happiny/Chansey/Blissey

Are they lesbians??

Or do you have to breed them with a different species

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Breed with different species.

Breed the girls with a male Pokemon from the Fairy Egg group, such as Pikachu or Roselia. :<

DarkPikaMan

Dah Koolest Guy Evah! LOLZEEZ!
    Years
    Is it possible to breed Espeon and Luxray so the Eevee learns thunderbolt as i'd quite like a thunderbolt knowing vaporeon

Years
    It's in the Ground Egg Group, so having Smeargle as the father is the easiest solution. Hitomchan, Electabuzz, Ampharos, Medicham, and Magmortar are also parents who can learn Thunderpunch via lv. up and pass it down.

Zacceh

Another day in the life of...
    Years
    Any particular reason you can't breed a Ditto with a Ditto and get a Ditto...?

Do they have identity crises where one turns into a Garchomp and the other into a Skitty, or what?

Years
    The characteristic of the Ditto egg group is that it can breed with every egg group but the No-Eggs and Ditto egg groups. Don't think that there's any particular reason other than that.

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
    Yes, it is possible.

First, you need a Wobbufet that has Counter + Mirror Coat (Male)

Then, have a Gastrodon (Female)

Breed it until you get a male Shellos that has both those moves

Then breed it to a Female Mudkip and voila You have the Mudkip you wanted

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2024
    Yes, it is possible.

First, you need a Wobbufet that has Counter + Mirror Coat (Male)

Then, have a Gastrodon (Female)

Breed it until you get a male Shellos that has both those moves

Then breed it to a Female Mudkip and voila You have the Mudkip you wanted

Thank you. I appreciate it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back