• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Broken Bones

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
    Have you ever broken any bones? If so how?

I slammed my pinky in the car door when I was in first grade.

My son recently broken both bones in his arm right at the wrist. He fell while roller blading..

Rebellious Treecko

The coolest.
    Years
    I haven't broken anything, surprisngly.
    The closest I got to a broken bone was when I seriously spraned my right ankle while jumping on my trampoline. I was around 8 years old...

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I'm a surfer and a skinny guy, yet have never broken a single bone in my body. :0

Only times I ever came close was falling off a balcony (landed on sand ;P) and falling off my bike when riding down a steep hill, got scratches, but have yet to break a bone.

Hard to imagine how it might've felt & feel for you and your son.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    BB: Lucky Ducky. >__<

Lol, I told one of my friends the story a little while ago, I guess I'm telling it again. T_T

It was a dark, and sunny day at an elementary school. (Yes, I've got good memory. XD)
    Tater tot was the only one that couldn't climb the monkey bars, so he faced his fear.
    Tater tot grabbed the first bar.

"Yes!" XD Tater tot screamed.
    Then he grabbed the second...
    "Whoa, o_o slippery...."

Guess what happened. T_T

To make a long story short, I broke my wrist. I went to the doctor
    "Don't climb the monkey bars, you're not a monkey." Was his words.

So there you have it.
    And a little while ago I almost broke my ankle, but it was just a sprain.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I haven't broken any bones in my body, but I almost broke a bone in my right arm when I fell off a bar really high up and landed on my arm. Oh, it was such a pain, but I didn't break a bone..lucky me XD

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    About a decade ago I fell off a swing and broke my wrist. It was a hand-made one by my cousins and it was basically a plank hanging in the air thanks to a rope tied to a tree. It wasn't stable and they got rid of it after my accident.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    well I can't remember breaking any major bone, though to be honest I've taken a few hits to the noggin. the only bone I can remember breaking was my thumb, and I chipped the corner off at the joint playing indoor soccer in junior high. I can't remember if I cracked my skull with the putter or the brick, but chances are it did a little.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    Once, I didn't notice a hole in the pavement, and i somehow got my leg there :D Amusingly I broke just my little finger on it :D

Then, got bullied by one guy, he broke my little finger, this time on hand. I am playing violin and had luck it was right hand. I had my revenge, then. When I got my hand in the gypsum, next day in the school I have found him and punched him to the face with it. He will never forget my anger. It was for a reason, I am not usually cruel, though.

Cheers!

PS: If you get bullied, fight it as much as you can!

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I broke my arm when I was four, pretending to be Spiderman. Luckily, it was only a hairline fracture, but when I look back at it now, it was pretty funny. Not the pain, of course, but the fact that all of that hubbub happened because I was pretending to swing off my lamp like Spiderman was swinging off a wall on TV. XD;

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I broke my little toe a few years back, it was wayyyy more painful than i first expected. Anyway i can now bend it outwards to the extent that it forms a right angle with the other toe :P

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    I've broken my nose five times. Yes, five times. All before the age of ten.

I broke it once when I was wrestling with my older brother, who's eleven years older than me, and he swung me into a wall.

I broke it riding a new bike when I squeezed the brake and it was much sharper than I anticipated, so the front tyre stopped instantly, making the back tyre shoot up and send me catapulting over the handle bar and landing on my face.

And I broke it twice in the exact same way. Had my hands on the arm rests of two chairs, lifted my legs up and swung my body back and forth in a rocking motion, until I went too far forward and, you guessed it, landed on my face.

I also broke my ring finger a couple of years ago when I had an accident at work.

And I broke my little toe six months ago when I accidentally kicked the door frame while running through the house.

So quite a few breaks, but none that involved massive surgery or months of rehabilition.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    I have never broke any bones in my life. I guess I never remember coming close to breaking it besides spraining my ankle. Other then that, I never broke any.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    I broke my nose when my bike just had to run into a car. >( The nose was minor though... I think. >:
    I broke my toe when I mindlessly jabbed it against a brick wall. I don't remember why, hence the word "mindlessly" XD It was more painful than I thought ._.;;;;
    Aaaaand .......... mai arm. When I attempted to climb to the roof. XD; I'm clumsy. <3

So yeah, three breaks, thats all. :D

Jezebel

Team Rocket Field Agent
    Years
    I've broken plenty of bones!

I broke my right wrist back in 3rd grade when I was rollarblading and I went to see if I could jump and twirl........obvisously it didn't turn out so well.

Then I broke my palm skateboarding back in sophmore year and I almost needed surgery to help the bones heal. Thank goodness I didn't!

I've broken most of my fingers in non-major accidents.

Almost broke my ankle.

Oh! I broke my left arm doing backstroke in freshman year. "Don't be afraid to hit your arm against the wall."-coach."mmm...okay."-me. *swims, slams arm against the wall, hears break and yells out*

LOl I also broke my big toe twice, once my brother dropped something on it and the second in a mosh pit.

This doesn't count but recently I had surgery on my shoulder to prevent it from dislocating.......

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    I've never broken a bone, thankfully. But I did accidentally ram my little toe into a door frame earlier today, it really hurt. ;-;

*LuckyStarIsLucky*

Ell Ess I Ess
    Years
    i havent, but once, i hadnt gotten a gears bike cuz i was like 8. i was riding down with a friend to the convenience store to get an ice cream and some rootbeer. i was on a road, and, his sister and dad were there too. i forgot he told me not go break super fast, but i did. and i just happened to be next to a steep driveway. his sister stopped and to avoid crashing, i tried stopping fast, but I skidded and the bike started to go down the driveway. i used my sandels to try to stop me, and my bike practically jumped over the 1-2 in. wall to the persons garden. i started to lose my balance, but my bike stopped, and i killed a couple plants from falling and then farting. mostly farting :P. but i came out of it with a few plants dead and luckily, the owner of the house was not home. then i might have crashed into a car and broken some bones

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    Thankfully, no. Worst was probobly pulling/spraining a tendon in my left leg... couldn't do anything in PE for like 2 weeks >.<

but no. no BONES.

(Though my dad had a close call... he was riding this motorcycle {yes, MY DAD drove a motorcyle O_O} and he was going like really fast and he was about to crash into a guardrail, so he jumps onto this nearby lawn... I think his arm got cut up from that, and the cycle went flying O_O He still has the scar from that, too O_O

Moral of the story: If you're about to crash into something, jump onto the lawn :p)

(speaking of almost crashing, I had a close call about a year ago...

I was riding the lawnmower and it went like really fast down the hill and I was about to crash into a tree, but thankfully I jumped off... the lawnmower still hit the tree though X<

Better the mower than me though, right? :p)

I keep getting hit in the head with a ball, and slamming into walls and stuff............. no broken bones though :p

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I've fractured some bones in my foot before in a really awkward gymnastics thing back in primary school. That hurt. XD
    Otherwise, I've been pretty much free of broken bones.

Back