• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Have you had the glitch where the Gunship's movements are uncontrollable yet? I rage quit despite going 13-0 at the time.
    Yeah, I got that twice back when it was still in the game. It's bad, but at least I could shoot people. I run gunship pretty much constantly so that's why it happened twice for me.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • Just dropping in to say that I finally hit 0.9 k.d. :D

Shut up, for me that's totally awesome. This is only my third FPS ever and that's including King Kong. I had about 20h play time on MW2 and I'm at about 15h play time on BO, so I don't feel too bad about being negative. Besides, I have fun playing and I typically don't go too horrific so I don't feel like I'm seriously letting my team down normally.

Anyway, I'm loving the AK74u with Grip/Rapidfire at the moment (please don't kill me) and it seems to be my favourite out of the SMGs, but I wouldn't say that it's crazy overpowered - I do still actually lose to ARs and LMGs at long range, so it's not as bad as the ump from MW2. I prefer to run and gun, but I try and do so intelligently and use the spy plane a little. At the moment I'm running:

Primary: AK-74u
    Attachments: Grip, Rapidfire
    Secondary: Python
    Attachment: Speed Reloader
    Tactical Grenade: Nova Gas
    Lethal Grenade: Semtex
    Equipment: Claymore
    Perks: Hardline Pro, Warlord Pro, Hacker Pro

Any of the more awesome players got any tips on how to improve this? If I use ARs I like the Famas w/ Reflex or the AUG w/ Extended Mags. I tend to use Sleight of hand with ARs, though. I've also tried using Second Chance occasionally when I feel like being an jerk. And I've stuck on the flamethrower attachment once or twice, just for the hilarity. Funniest moment ever was when I came up behind three enemies all aiming out of a window on WMD. Three enemies set on fire, one happy me :P

So, if you have any tips or suggestions to change up my class, let me know :D

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • Just dropping in to say that I finally hit 0.9 k.d. :D

Shut up, for me that's totally awesome. This is only my third FPS ever and that's including King Kong. I had about 20h play time on MW2 and I'm at about 15h play time on BO, so I don't feel too bad about being negative. Besides, I have fun playing and I typically don't go too horrific so I don't feel like I'm seriously letting my team down normally.

Anyway, I'm loving the AK74u with Grip/Rapidfire at the moment (please don't kill me) and it seems to be my favourite out of the SMGs, but I wouldn't say that it's crazy overpowered - I do still actually lose to ARs and LMGs at long range, so it's not as bad as the ump from MW2. I prefer to run and gun, but I try and do so intelligently and use the spy plane a little. At the moment I'm running:

Primary: AK-74u
    Attachments: Grip, Rapidfire
    Secondary: Python
    Attachment: Speed Reloader
    Tactical Grenade: Nova Gas
    Lethal Grenade: Semtex
    Equipment: Claymore
    Perks: Hardline Pro, Warlord Pro, Hacker Pro

Any of the more awesome players got any tips on how to improve this? If I use ARs I like the Famas w/ Reflex or the AUG w/ Extended Mags. I tend to use Sleight of hand with ARs, though. I've also tried using Second Chance occasionally when I feel like being an jerk. And I've stuck on the flamethrower attachment once or twice, just for the hilarity. Funniest moment ever was when I came up behind three enemies all aiming out of a window on WMD. Three enemies set on fire, one happy me :P

So, if you have any tips or suggestions to change up my class, let me know :D

Either get rid of the grip and go with Sleight of hand, or get rid of the Rapid Fire and go with Steady aim, and make the Pythons Dual Wield. You're really limiting the SMG's versatility with Warlord, imo. Sure, you lose a Semtex nade, but you make your SMG so much more usable. Grip really isn't worth it unless you're playing on a larger map, IMO. Dual Mags is always a brilliant attatchment if you're running anything other than Sleight of Hand. So is Extended Mags.

Nova Gas is just fine, but if the results you're seeing with it are limited, maybe switch up to a Flashbang.

That's just my Two Cents, Btw. Not like you have to follow it word for word.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    Your class shouldn't have too much of an impact on how well you do. Your playstyle and ability to adapt to your class is more important. The class you put is fine for run-and-gun, but I'd switch out the gas for some concussions or flash bangs. If you need both Grip and Rapid Fire, then having Warlord is fine. However, if you just burst fire, Grip is a completely unnecessary attachment for all weapons. I think Rapid Fire is nice, so I guess keep that if you really feel like you need it. There aren't too many other attachments that are as useful on an SMG, except maybe Red Dot. As for switching out your 2nd perk, I would go with Sleight of Hand or Steady Aim, depending on what you feel is more important. Obviously Scout is useless, and so is Warlord if you only run one attachment. For your secondary weapon, dual wield pistols is good only in extremely close range. Otherwise, it's terrible. Maybe you should try out the RPG or something, but that takes a while to pull out which may cost you your life sometimes. It's worth it if you play Domination, though.

tl;dr just experiment with other stuff and see what you like best

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Your class shouldn't have too much of an impact on how well you do. Your playstyle and ability to adapt to your class is more important.
    Agreed. I'd say doing well in this game is 80% smarts, and 20% class setup.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Tell that to the people who roll Second Chance and Ghost, and sit in corners all game.
    I've tried, and from what I've gathered these people can't be reasoned with so I don't even bother anymore.

Also, I finally ended my new winstreak yesterday. 122 games.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • I'm still trying to decide if buying the map pack purely for zombies will be worth it.

I mean, I'm sure I'll play the multiplayer maps a little bit, But zombies is the only reason I still play the game.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I am only going to get the map pack for zombies. It is the only thing I enjoy in the game anymore. Just wish my friends would play it more regular.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I don't play zombies as much as I do the multiplayer, but I'm more excited for zombies... I don't know why. More so now after reading that info from IGN (I just watched the trailer before when JD2020 tweeted it).

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    The multiplayer is ridden with ghost and second chance anymore. I would say literally over half of the people who play use one of them or both.

Silver

Kyle
    Years
  • The multiplayer is ridden with ghost and second chance anymore. I would say literally over half of the people who play use one of them or both.

I agree. I played a few matches earlier today where the entire time my group pretty much had spy planes up constantly and we saw all of one or two red dots up the entire time. I normally don't like to cry perks are overpowered, but Ghost could do with some tuning. There's not really any drawback to using it, other than personal choice.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I've about had it with the game. I've never wanted to quit playing as much as I did tonight. I was so fed up with Ghost, Ghost Ghost Ghost everywhere. Get camped on by Ghost, get ran up on by Ghost, get knifed by Ghost. And then the host Dashboards and I get another loss. I turned my 360 off and got back on only to count up the number of deaths I had by Ghost the past 3 games (and had it counted the Dashboarded game it would have been more). I had a total of 25 deaths, 17.5 (a guy with Ghost was spraying off the M60 and he hit me but someone else killed me, that guy wouldn't have gotten the kill had the Ghost M60 user not been there) of them deaths were from Ghost. 70% of my deaths came from from that perk. 70%... that number is way too high. People so scared to be seen or too lazy to shoot down Spy Planes.
    I normally run Blackbird and Chopper Gunner, but I can't do that anymore due to the countless number of scared crappy players who run around with Ghost and they kill me before I get the kills needed for a Blackbird. I can't run around as much as I like to due to Ghost. In MW2 I might not have rushed a ton, but I'd move with the team, that's what smart players do. Because if they don't move with the team then the enemy team will be all over you and you're screwed. Can't move in this game due to the fact that Ghost is EVERYWHERE, and the fact the spawns are F-ed up. I' in a good spot, holding it down... why should I move when there's a chance that there's an enemy camping with Ghost in the building right next to me?

And then after Alex and I got bored we got back on. Only to run into lag, stupid teammates (people we normally play with), and BS crap tubing enemies. Oh and they also ran with the AK74u.
    The last map I played was Jungle, and on a normal day (it doesn't have to be a good day, just a normal day where I'm not really trying) I can get a double digit K/D ratio (like 20 and 1, or 20 and 2), and we'll be fighting over calling in Chopper Gunners. At the end of this game I went 9 and 15. 3 minutes into the game I'm 1 and 8, so far I've gotten 1 death from a guy camping on the ridge with a tube, 1 by his buddy camping with him, 1 death has come from Ghost, 1 from an AK74u, and 3 from a Chopper Gunner. Only one of them kills wasn't from some crap. Now we're at 3:15 and I got a kill, 3:35 I get totally ripped off. Then I get 2 more deaths from Ghost, ATM I am 2 and 11. I pick up 4 kills and then I get another 2 deaths from a 74u. I rack up 2 kills (one of them being a guy who tried to tube me). And then killed again by a 74u, run half way across the map only to get killed by a 74u again.
    So here's a quick recap of what happened in this game, 3 deaths by Ghost, 5 from the 74u, 3 from a Chopper Gunner, 2 from campers (one of the two were tubes). I went up with a 0.60 K/D ratio for that game, all I did was drag the team down (everyone else went at least 1.0). I don't do good when I'm mad but this was past being mad. This was just crap piling up on me over and over and over again.

I've never complained about a weapon, maybe an attachment like tubes, but a weapon... nah. People complained about the MP40 in WaW, people complained about the 1887's, the SPAS and the UMP from MW2. I never had a prob with any of them (some I used, some I didn't, but at the end of the day didn't have a prob with them). I got mad at people complaining about the 1887's and that was back when I played Hardcore (so their killing range was way way way crazy). But the AK74u it way too overpowered. You get it at such a low level, and then you put Rapid Fire on it and it'll only lose to the Spectre at close range. But with the 74u you can shot it across the map and kill someone. I've gotten killed by it and I was using a a Galil and pretty good range. And then you put Ghost on that Rapid Fire 74u and you can just go to town.

I really can't wait for Uncharted 3, because CoD has went to the dogs. The games are just broken piles of crap and the people who works on these games don't care. Ghost is needs to be tweeked (Ghost shows up every other update on the mini-map, unless you have Ghost Pro.... there it is, Ghost fixed just like that), AK74u needs to be dumbed down (it needs to bounce around more for it's power), Chopper Gunners and Gunships need more flares. They add in crap for the casual players to make them good and they take out stuff that rewards good players. Like the double tap Y when reloading to cancel the reload and shoot off whatever ammo you have left in your weapon (that has saved me more then a few times, and after it was removed there were many times where I could have lived had that still been in the game), they removed that and yet they won't fix the prob of adding people in the games. You just got 9 or 11 kills to get a Chopper Gunner or Gunship, congrats, let us repay you by having it shot down before you're able to get a single kill. You don't have to use your head a little when playing games, just slap on Ghost and you can run around without a worry in the world.

Here's another WoR rant, this time about Ghost.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNxQiKcIRQI
    I agree with a lot of what he has to say here (not all.. I mean the Blackbird overpowered comment). Sometimes he makes comments that's way out there (like the Turtle Beach headsets being as good or better then an Astro A40), but when I agree with him on something I really agree with him.
    I just feel like pulling my hair out, I'm sick of the game. So sick of Ghost, so sick of my stuff getting shot down, so sick of the lag, so sick of taking a loss when the host Dashboards, so sick of the game not adding people, so sick of stupid teammates, so sick of Second Chance, so sick of them trying to make the bad players good players by giving them crap, so sick of the AK74u, so sick of Ghost + AK74u + Rapid Fire. The game is as broken as MW2.

My rant for the day... week or whatever.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    That's basically how I feel about Ghost, and is why I've always considered Ghost to be more annoying than Second Chance. I like the idea of Ghost becoming a tier 2 perk though. What it would switch with, I don't know. Most of the tier 2 perks are amazing in their own right.

I also don't like how helicopter killstreaks get taken down by only 2 launchers. You take all the effort of getting 9/11 kills in a row, and you end up with....a useless killstreak.

And Arcanine. You said Uncharted 3. You have PS3? WHAT IS YOUR PSNID I NEED TO KNOW

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
  • Ha... I lurk this thread way too much, but seeing this... I have to say I'm pretty glad I never wasted $60 on this game. :D

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • I have played a few multi player matches online when i was over my friends house and it seemed like theres to many people who think they are all that just because they get one kill then they brag over chat about it.Kinda gets annoying even more so when they try to camp.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • And Arcanine. You said Uncharted 3. You have PS3? WHAT IS YOUR PSNID I NEED TO KNOW
    It's Red_Dragon_088, but don't even waste your time adding it, because as soon as I get another PS3 (the one I have now is currently in my brother's room, he's big on Uncharted 2. So I'm making him buy me another one) I'm making a new account (as far as I know you can't change your PSN). And I haven't touched the PS3 in forever (and when I do get back on it it'll be to beat FFXIII, and that's single player).

Back