• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Caterpie or Weedle?

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2021
    While I find both to be super cute simple designs choices I end up finding myself drawn to caterpie more I really like the new gigantamax butterfree more then the Mega Bedrill. Its just so pretty.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    Caterpie has a more interesting aesthetic and I think it's cool that you can find caterpillars that look almost identical to it, but I think I lean more toward Weedle. It was one of my very first Shiny Pokémon, plus I remember Pokémon Zeo making a really cool glow-in-the-dark Weedle card back in the day.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2022
    I prefer Caterpie to Weedle by far. It's design is more appealing to me as it's a much cuter Pokemon. Aesthetically, the entire Caterpie line is more pleasant than Weedle's. Mega Beedrill is pretty much the only reason I would pick Weedle instead, and that's mostly because Adaptability is an OP ability to pair with STAB U-Turn

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2023
    I always stick to more spiky designs instead of rounded ones. And Beedrill is sick anyway heh - Weedle

Years
    Caterpie vs Weedle is 5-1 as of right now. Not looking good for my spiky boi. I love them both though.

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    From a battle and sort of battle stand point, Weedle since it has a chance of poisoning with poison sting so over time the opponent can faint even when Weedle runs out of attacking moves. Caterpie on the other hand doesn't have that kind of benefit and would have to resort to struggling if it hasn't already been defeated.

Years
    Caterpie because it is portrayed with such a sweet personality, and evolves into one of the most beautiful Pokemon in the franchise Butterfree. The episode where Ash's Butterfree goes to finds a mate always moves me to tears. Caterpie also has the better shiny of the two choices, it's golden.

Years
    Anyone that doesn't pick Caterpie is wrong. Butterfree may not be the strongest, but it's a fantastic Pokemon, and to this day, I still think Ash letting Butterfree go is one of the most emotional moments in the anime.

Raffi

Greatest Trickster
    Years
    The show made me love Caterpie so much; that episode is one of my childhood favorites of any show ever. Butterfree is also adorable, especially the shiny.

Years
    • Online now
    Caterpie, butterfree is cute. It doesn't have the best stats but it can get some nice status moves and nice abilities. It can even learn Quiver Dance.

Beedril is difficult to use without the mega evoultion.

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years
    I'll cast another vote for Caterpie, it's cute and I just think Butterfree is pretty. I feel like they're both seen as "those bug types you just toss away" but you don't have to worry about being poisoned when fighting one of the two in the early game...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    caterpie is more difficult to train than weedle, but you get a much better reward for sticking with it than you do for weedle. butterfree is fucking awesome.

Back