• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    WoW is probably my most played game on my PC :P

But it would be so complicated to make each race compatible with the classes they're allowed to learn. Unless you got an idea for it?

But I for one would love to see that happen :)

Cool! It's neat that I've already got some support ^_^
    WoW was my most played, before I reset the hard drive. I switched back to my F2P RuneScape account for the time being but I've reinstalled WoW.

Compatibility is the only problem. Especially making each race compatible for DK o.O
    I'll figure something out though. I could use some help figuring out compatibility, however, if you're interested. It would be nice to not limit people to having only one or two choices for an Orc Shaman in Johto, but that's just an example.

I think I might just do this. I realize that WoW is the most popular MMO as of now and millions of people play it. So, if I can find a fix to this compatibility problem you guys could probably see a WoW challenge within the next month or so. ;)

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

The only success stories in PC to compare are the themed challenges that are still ongoing. They have given categories which list a certain number of pokemon under it.

In your case, it would probably work in two dimensions. There will be a pokemon list under a given race, then characteristics or traits of classes will be described separately (e.g Rogues are specialized in speedy and deadly attacks, hinting that perhaps high base speed, evasive abilities, OHKO moves, multi-hitting, poison-infliction, or priority moves are their most prominent features). From there, it's all just a mix n match i guess. Pretty Interesting, I'd say...I mean, the roleplaying vibe is there. Come to think of it, many of the past event challenges have that same vibe, and they sure were fun and successful.

I'll be looking forward to how it turns out.

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
    I mean, the roleplaying vibe is there. Come to think of it, many of the past event challenges have that same vibe, and they sure were fun and successful.
    I just want to point out that event challenges are generally not a good barometer for success, as they only run for a month and many people only do the challenge because it is an event; you also see people participating that only come for the event as well. That's not to say that a WoW based challenge won't work though.

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

I just want to point out that event challenges are generally not a good barometer for success, as they only run for a month and many people only do the challenge because it is an event; you also see people participating that only come for the event as well. That's not to say that a WoW based challenge won't work though.
    Didn't mean to base it off the number of participants at all, if that's what you were thinking.

I think that themed challenges are played because of the creativity of the theme itself rather than the rules along with it; festive mood included, that's what made me think the events were more fun. Like I said, there was some sort of roleplay vibe. Syd's recent birthday event challenge was a personal fave and a wonderful example. Playing through a game felt like a parade, thus I had fun belatedly celebrating her day in some way. To me, if the goal of the challenge was simply to give that sort of mood or feel in the first place -and it did- then that alone proves that it was successful.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    i did a challenge wich finish the game with starter or magikarp and magikarp it didint go so well eh but that an idea eh??? by the way how do i do that picture thingy?

What picture thing? Like an avatar? You can upload one by clicking "control" under your welcome message and click "edit avatar." If you meant signatures, same thing, just click "edit signature" instead. Or did you mean something else?

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    Oh, and I also forgot that I'd have to take specializations into calculation as well, but specs are usually more closely related than the classes are to each other, so I don't know.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2014
    I have a question for you all.
    What is your main game for challenges? I've seen like AoTora uses Leaf Green a lot, and I use Fire Red a lot.
    What about y'all?

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    What is your main game for challenges? I've seen like AoTora uses Leaf Green a lot, and I use Fire Red a lot.
    What about y'all?
    At this point, White 2 is my go to game, haha. It's a great game for challenges because of its Pokemon variety, while also being pretty interesting and fun.

I used to use Leaf Green all the time, but I lost it so not so much any more. Luckily I got a copy of Fire Red recently, so once I finish my just-for-fun regular run of it, which I haven't done in too long, I'll probably throw it into the Challenges pit.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    So, since it seems like I started a discussion, let me ask a question. How many of you play World of Warcraft and would be interested to see it as a challenge for Pokemon?

I'd have to say that my most common challenge game would be the second generation, since it involves most of the Pokemon available at that time in the game and there are two regions to play through, and I feel it adds on to the challenging feel.

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    Much Reply, Such Words, Too Doge! ^_^

I meant a pure magikarp solo :3 because if nobody has ever done it I might try to be the first one!

I thought about doing it in SoulSilver but I'm still debating whether or not I want to because I'll probably fail because of Falkner's Roost, Bugsy's U-Turn, or Whitney's annoying Miltank lol:3

So, since it seems like I started a discussion, let me ask a question. How many of you play World of Warcraft and would be interested to see it as a challenge for Pokemon?

I'd have to say that my most common challenge game would be the second generation, since it involves most of the Pokemon available at that time in the game and there are two regions to play through, and I feel it adds on to the challenging feel.

I love WoW, and I would love to see it as a challenge! That would be awesome, I'd seriously sign up like ten times, it sounds like a great idea ^_^

What about y'all?

I tend to use games from the fourth and third generation most, but I prefer the gen 3 games cuz I can use speed up toggle to get through them quicker:)

I also have a question, what is the largest amount of current challenges you've had at once?

(Btw nice new title Jak lol)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    I also have a question, what is the largest amount of current challenges you've had at once?

Currently, I've got three, the Mega Evolution Challenge, the NPC Trainer Challenge, and the BINGO Challenge. I've also got another one reserved (whenever Jak gets around to making the challenge revival reservation thread lol), so I've got four, technically. I know that Sage Ghetsis had four as well, but we're currently working out the details of transferring it to me (so add that to my challenge count), so he's got three, the Monotype, Random, and The Ones That Got Away. Omg, I can't believe I've got FIVE challenges! Another question, has anyone ever had that many challenges?

Last edited:

~Justified~

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    Omg, I can't believe I've got FIVE challenges! Another question, has anyone ever had that many challenges?

Hmm..let's see I've got the Character Challenge, the Egg Group Challenge, the Egglocke Challenge, the RPG Classes Challenge, the Divergent Challenge, The Size Challenge, and the Legendary Trio Challenge!:D

Seven, wow I didn't think I had that many...not very popular ones though XD

What challenge did you reserve btw?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
    Max I ever had was maybe 2-3?

Type Cycle, Christian challenge and Hunger Games. Although I'm pretty sure the first two challenges were inactive by the time I took over the Hunger Games challenge xD

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    What challenge did you reserve btw?

It's the Eeveelutions challenge. I checked, and I'm pretty sure it hasn't been revived. So I decided I'd revive it to add to my challenge count. Also, add the World of Warcraft challenge I'm making and that will be six. LOL, when did this become a competition!? xD

Last edited:

~Justified~

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    @feraligatr13 Ok, I can't wait to see the World of Warcraft Challenge, that sounds awesome! Im also eagerly awaiting the Norse Myth challenge, none of my challenges have gotten popular so far so I've decided to make a new one that I've been working on for a while, I just need some CSS and I have no idea how to do that lol

I'm also going to be closing an old challenge I made, and editing an old one too. Ill be closing the RPG Classes one and editing the Divergent one to make it better than before.

Last edited:

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

What about y'all?
    Don't really have one as I try to juggle between any generation below the current one. I have nostalgic weaknesses, though. I tend to favor RBY over FR/LG...though not so much for gsc

Also, @feraligatr I don't play WoW, but I'd like to see it made as a Challenge. I've also had a whopping 1...2..2! challenges at most. Seeing that it would be hard to maintain too many, for me, I try to avoid managing too many and holding back my urges to submit new ones.

I still have a big chess challenge sitting at some corner, too.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    I used to own 7 challenges xD Dropped down to two and I used to work on over 20 challenges at some point, but dropped the ones that died out.
    Right now, this is what my Challenges list looks like

WIP:

Time Warp (S- Renaissance- 1/8; C- Time Rift- 3/8)
    Location (Pl- 2/8; S-0/8;Si-0/8))
    Ultimate Bug Monotype (K- 8/8; J- 3/16; H- 8/8; S- 0/8; U- 8/8)
    Ultimate Normal Monotype (K- 8/8; J-16/16; H- 2/8; S- 0/8; U- 0/8)
    The Ones That Got Away (W- 0/8)
    Gym Leader (Erika-FR-6/8)
    Duality Challenge (Ye-0/8)
    The Character Challenge (Ye-0/8)

Not yet started:

Random Pokémon (R- 0/8)
    The Pair Challenge (K- 0/8)

Completed:

Formulated (Kanto)
    21 Shiny Swablu in the Sky (Hoenn)
    Challeggs (Johto)

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
    I used to do several monotypes at once, along with whatever ones I picked up along the way (events mostly)., maxing out at around 6 I think. I finished pretty fast usually so I never racked them up at once/ Currently I have 3: Unova Water (postgame, officially it's over), Blue Monocolor (on Emerald), and Time Warp on Flora Sky (which I haven't played in a while but am almost finished).

Orianna, Monocolor needs to be your next stop on the challenge tour!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back