• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen challenge on oras

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
    So i was wondering in pokemon omega ruby and alpha sappire will any of you be doing challenges or adding rules?

I will be doing a nuzlocke for my first playthrough

Years
    Nope, I'll still be doing my usual casual play like I always do except this time make my team not feel like a total noob which happened to me in my original Ruby playthrough.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    I could never do a Nuzlocke on a game I haven't played yet with unknown difficulty level. That would be a death wish.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    I was thinking of a Not Fully Evolved Challenge. I like adding a layer of difficulty to make the Story Mode more challenging. (never Nuzlocked, hate grinding)

Also considered a Mono-Grass Challenge, ONLY because I wanted so many Grass on my team all ready. Treeko, Tropius, cacnea, etc.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    I was thinking of a Not Fully Evolved Challenge. I like adding a layer of difficulty to make the Story Mode more challenging. (never Nuzlocked, hate grinding)

Also considered a Mono-Grass Challenge, ONLY because I wanted so many Grass on my team all ready. Treeko, Tropius, cacnea, etc.
    So Tropius / Sceptile / Roselia or Roserade / Cacturne / Ludicolo / Cradily in the end, maybe? That sounds like fun actually, but hell against Winona/Flannery. :v

Years
    I think it'd be a lot of fun to take on a blind nuzlocke challenge, but that would just result in a huge number of deaths, haha. :p So I'm planning on playing through the game first of all, and then possibly buying the other version to nuzlocke. In any case, I like being familiar with how the game plays out before taking on any extra challenge.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I'll be doing a standard run first ofc and keeping that file but I'm also buying a copy of each just so I can have one for challenges. <3 Don't know what I'll end up doing though. I really like the Gym Leader challenge we have but I've done two of those already. idk I've got a while to decide~

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I don't think so, challenges are for the games which you've played through at least three times already, or it's an outdated generation. So it's very unlikely that people would start with a challenge instead of enjoying the games.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    There's a very good chance I'll be doing a Badge Quest (as in, a shiny before every gym badge) for my first playthrough. With RSE's sad RNG, I can't do anything without waiting so many hours to get the perfect frame.

Plus, I replay RSE way too many times. I need something extreme this time. xDD

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    As mother of the Challenge forum, of course I will! I won't be doing them right off the bat of course, but I plan on using them as challenge games often! I still use RSE a good bit for challenges now, so I imagine the same will happen with ORAS, plus a gen VI Hoenn allows for more diversity since we'll have 719 Pokemon as opposed to 386.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    As mother of the Challenge forum, of course I will! I won't be doing them right off the bat of course, but I plan on using them as challenge games often! I still use RSE a good bit for challenges now, so I imagine the same will happen with ORAS, plus a gen VI Hoenn allows for more diversity since we'll have 719 Pokemon as opposed to 386.

+1

I'll prolly do a Wallace challenge right after. He's my fave Pokemon League member (both Gym and E4) in Hoenn, so I figured I may as well play as him. >u<
    After my first playthrough, I definitely plan on using Luvdisc, Walrein, Whiscash, Seaking, and Milotic, and AFTER I beat the E4, I'll use Wailord, Ludicolo, Whiscash, Tentacruel, Gyarados, and Milotic. c:

blue

gucci
    Years
    Second time around I probably will, the first time though I will just be doing a complete playthrough exploring everything and playing as normal.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I'm just going to enjoy the games and have a casual playthrough my first time. I'm not going to rush it like I did for Pokemon X, and beat it the day after release. After, I beat AS or OR, I'll try a Challenge afterward. :)

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    On my first run I'll just play a normal game - after that, I'll start doing various challenges (fighting only team, water only team, normal only team, using 6 of the same Pokemon)

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I might use the Nuzlocke rules to determine who I'd have on my team (I just really want to use Pokémon I haven't used before), but besides that I won't be issuing any challenges to myself. I don't like applying artificial difficulty on myself, especially during my first playthrough of a game--I'd rather enjoy it with the basicmost rules the developers intended the game to be played with (this is all personal preference, of course!).

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I might not do any challenges on my first playthrough but maybe I could on my subsequent playthroughs. Most likely doing a Nuzlocke :33

Back