• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Type Emblem: Chapters 1/2

Best format for FTE? (Details: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9938264#post9938264)

• Option 1: One story, one map

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Option 2: One story, two maps

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Option 3: Two stories, two maps

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
C'mon Lycan, everybody knows the "sugoi" anime reaction. ;p

Also, are moves like Discharge/Blizzard/Earthquake still OP, or do they get nerfed a little? Because it's Shinx's greatest asset. :D

And I'm glad to see Archen here! Such a cutie. I'd probably have used one myself if not for my obligatory choice. ^_^

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
My first shiny Vulpix was actually named Mozilla, it's interesting someone else came up with the same idea. Great name choice though :)

Eh I typically name my Vulpix after my favorite Female lead in Serena, hence I felt the need to change things up. Its too bad Serena chose Fennekin, else I'd be holding out hope she'd catch a Vulpix. It's not to say she can't have a 2nd Fire Type or even it's Alolan variant.

@Lycan: I petition for Generation 1 version of Fire Spin(Lockdown is OP). Also I know why HA is unavailable(still sucks though lol... would be awesome to boost sunlight for 5 turns with Drought).

Edit* Oh and I will apologize in advance for all the friendly fire and burns I'll likely inflict towards my Grass, Ice and Bug compatriots.

Edit#2: Also, would it be possible to select Natures? If so, I'd like a Modest Nature. If not, no big deal.

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
This is my first time participating in something like this, ever. but it has peaked my interest, so i'll give it a test run, of sorts. :)

Nickname (optional): Black
Species: Zangoose
Ability: Immunity

This might very well be the first time something like this is happening around the forums. ^_^

A Zangoose huh? Cool choice! Time for me to start throwing in a couple of Seviper.
Spoiler:

Lycanthropy

Years
C'mon Lycan, everybody knows the "sugoi" anime reaction. ;p

Also, are moves like Discharge/Blizzard/Earthquake still OP, or do they get nerfed a little? Because it's Shinx's greatest asset. :D

I don't watch anime okay, I'm sorry. ;;
Don't judge me.

Rooms won't be a thing in FTE, so hitting a room won't work. Instead the moves will target everyone around you. As in the main series, you will be able to hit your allies this way. So no one-shotting the entire enemy team for you, but Discharge and such will still be strong, albeit situational moves. ^^

@Lycan: I petition for Generation 1 version of Fire Spin(Lockdown is OP). Also I know why HA is unavailable(still sucks though lol... would be awesome to boost sunlight for 5 turns with Drought).

I think you just described a great reason as to why not to use the Gen I version of that move. xD

Fire Spin can still be useful as a lockdown move though, as it will prevent the trapped Pokémon from moving. If it doesn't have any ranged attacks, you can keep attacking it from a save distance (with ranged moves such as Mozilla's Ember), while it won't be able to harm you.
But I'm going to leave it up to you guys to find out other ways you can abuse your moves. ;)

Edit#2: Also, would it be possible to select Natures? If so, I'd like a Modest Nature. If not, no big deal.

There are already 40 things I need to keep track of for each Pokémon (not even exaggerating), so I decided against natures (or EVs/IVs for that matter) to keep the game clear and simple, at least somewhat.

Syntthetix

[color=ddccec]Porygon Programmer[/color]
Years
How many people are we planning on getting into the game before beginning? I'm just curious as to when we might be starting the game.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
We have 11 signups so far. I figure 12 and above would be a fitting number and I'm trying to get an Oshawott to join up(she can be stubborn lol).

Lycanthropy

Years
How many people are we planning on getting into the game before beginning? I'm just curious as to when we might be starting the game.

We are at enough players already (more than I expected even ^-^ ), but I'm giving it another day or two before we actually start to give people a chance to sign up.

Lycanthropy

Years
Status Update!

...an update about statuses that is. If you want to look up what kinds of nasty things your moves can do to your foes, you can find them in the Glossary, ordered alphabetically for your convenience!
There's also some info on move ranges and areas of effect that might be useful to look at. With pictures! :D

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

Years
I don't watch anime okay, I'm sorry. ;;
Don't judge me.

Revise's gifs are good examples of the exaggerated starry-eyed expression that follows a "sugoi", AKA "amazing". :D

Rooms won't be a thing in FTE, so hitting a room won't work. Instead the moves will target everyone around you. As in the main series, you will be able to hit your allies this way. So no one-shotting the entire enemy team for you, but Discharge and such will still be strong, albeit situational moves. ^^

I see, so they're much more like Conquest in that respect! Then the range would be like this?
range.png

Also, the images in your glossary aren't showing up, since Imgur hotlinks are no longer supported on forums. :[ Everyone's gonna have to look into finding new uploaders.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Wha-whaaaaaat?! That means... 90% of my old posts are now broken! ;__;

*sobs in a corner*

*Gives Cookie* I didn?t know about it until now. Not like I used imgur all that much lol. Deserves more attention than an off the cuff remark that their links are no longer supported. Still trying to convince a friend to sign up but so far no luck.

Lycanthropy

Years
I see, so they're much more like Conquest in that respect! Then the range would be like this?
range.png

Also, the images in your glossary aren't showing up, since Imgur hotlinks are no longer supported on forums. :[ Everyone's gonna have to look into finding new uploaders.

Yup! :D

That's odd. Half of them seem still to be working on my end, as well as Lucario's mugshots and the background, which are all hosted on Imgur too. Hmm weird. Either way, I have reuploaded them all elsewhere so that everyone can consult the glossary now. With pictures! :D

But damn, that sucks. Imgur has been my go-to image hosting site for years, so many broken posts now...

Lycanthropy

Years
Nickname: Mercy
Species: Mimikyu
Ability: Disguise

It reminds me a bit of Fire Emblem, looks fun!
Kecleon rocks

Fire Emblem has actually been one of my inspiration sources! Welcome to the game and to PC in general! :D

Spoiler:

Hyzenthlay

Years
Nickname: Mercy
Species: Mimikyu
Ability: Disguise

Awesome, you're ability is going to be so OP, haha. :D

*Gives Cookie* I didn?t know about it until now. Not like I used imgur all that much lol. Deserves more attention than an off the cuff remark that their links are no longer supported. Still trying to convince a friend to sign up but so far no luck.

There should definitely be some kind of heads up about this, I think. I'll suggest it to the rest of staff! And your friend will be more than welcome. ^_^

That's odd. Half of them seem still to be working on my end, as well as Lucario's mugshots and the background, which are all hosted on Imgur too. Hmm weird. Either way, I have reuploaded them all elsewhere so that everyone can consult the glossary now. With pictures! :D

That is weird... Also, I find that even non-Imgur hotlinks aren't working sometimes, at least on Pok?Community Default. To get the images to show up, I have to download and upload them again myself. :s Switching forum styles seems to fix it.

Lycanthropy

Years
Awesome, you're ability is going to be so OP, haha. :D
*uses Pin Missile*

That is weird... Also, I find that even non-Imgur hotlinks aren't working sometimes, at least on Pok?Community Default. To get the images to show up, I have to download and upload them again myself. :s Switching forum styles seems to fix it.

That might be because of some issues in PC B?ta itself then, maybe? Images on Forever Standing seem to work mostly still.
But I decided on de-Imgurifying my CSS anyway, just in case. I switched to imgbb and it works pretty great!

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

Years

Hey everyone, it seems your journey has only just begun and you already encountered your first enemies: a gang of brigands. So for now:
> Pick your starting position by choosing any of the tall grass squares near the bottom right. First come, first serve!
> Double check if your moves still do what you think they do. I made a few minor tweaks, nothing gamebreaking though.
> You can now check your range if your hover over "Rn" in your Summary screen! If you're interested to know more about moves, you can check the Glossery. There's details about statuses and movement types in there too!
> Check out the Mission Bulletin Board, there may be something useful on there. ;)
> If you know people who might be interested, feel free to poke them. Sign-ups are still open!

...and when everybody's ready, the real fun can begin! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back