• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Club Yu-Gi-Oh!

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
  • Hii everyone

Umm, I was wondering..
    What sort of decks has everyone been using as of late?

Fluffals and Lunalights mostly. I have quite a few other decks, but those are the ones I've used most recently.

I need to test Cubics and Abyss Actors though, those are probably the next two I'll build. DM is likely too, but depends on the price. I might just blow a bunch of money on it.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Uhm, Do you not like trying different decks other than those two.?
    Also uhmm, aren't Kozmo and Ghostricks two decks with totally different play styles.. I mean right? (Abit confused.)
    ..& Hopefully a new deck comes out that you will like so you aren't too bored next format. :P
    Oh I have tons of really cheap decks I've tried. Aqua Actresses, Raccoons, U.A, Constellar, Rit Beasts, Cloudians, etc. I mained Shaddolls before Construct got the ax too. For events and stuff that count though I typically have been playing Kozmo/Ghostricks. They're definitely different playing styles, but that what makes you better at the better at the game!

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I probably won't join since I'm not very active here and I don't play the card game anymore, but I've been making ORICA (custom card) resources that I thought some of you might be interested in. While there are other versions of these templates already out there and mine aren't without imperfections, mine have some perks of their own:
    • Free to download (some people charge points for their templates)
    • Print-resolution, so they won't print out blurry/pixelated
    • "Floating" layers for easy blank modification

Japanese Series 1 (Photoshop and GIMP)
    Spoiler:

Japanese Series 2 (just PNG blanks, no placeholder text)

International Series 9 (Photoshop only)

Dubbed Anime (Photoshop only)

International Manga (Illustrator only)

Custom Attributes (Series 9 only)

Level Star Template (Photoshop only)

No credit required! Be sure to read through the descriptions for useful tips and fonts.

I absolutely do NOT encourage counterfeiting. These resources should only be used for creative purposes. Do not sell or trade cards made with these resources. Do not use them in official duels. Usable in casual duels only with your opponent's permission.

apart

A bitter-sweet kiss
    Years
  • Fluffals and Lunalights mostly. I have quite a few other decks, but those are the ones I've used most recently.

Really cool.
    I haven't yet tried playing with Lunalights, but I do want to try building a really good Fluffal deck. The problem is, I just can't seem to be satisfied with what I end up making.
    Uhm.. Do you mind giving me advice?

Oh I have tons of really cheap decks I've tried. Aqua Actresses, Raccoons, U.A, Constellar, Rit Beasts, Cloudians, etc. I mained Shaddolls before Construct got the ax too. For events and stuff that count though I typically have been playing Kozmo/Ghostricks. They're definitely different playing styles, but that what makes you better at the better at the game!

um..I guess you're right. It's just a bit odd to me that the two decks you are using the most are completely different from each other. Oh & I'm sorry if I offended you.. I didn't mean to say that there is anything wrong with playing the game that way.
    ..I'm also just more used to duelists who play decks with similar play styles as their main choices.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Oh nah, you didn't offend me at all, sorry if I came across offended lol.

@Icycatelf - Thanks for the resources. I belong to a cardmaking website so I'm definitely not a stranger to these kinds of things. Haven't made anything in a while though. Cool stuff though

countryemo

Years
  • Oh I have tons of really cheap decks I've tried. Aqua Actresses, Raccoons, U.A, Constellar, Rit Beasts, Cloudians, etc. I mained Shaddolls before Construct got the ax too.
    Mind sharing your Constellar and Cloudians? I at-least want to build them. Wouldn't mind seeing your Aqua Actresses either, though I'm content with mine.

Really cool.
    I haven't yet tried playing with Lunalights, but I do want to try building a really good Fluffal deck. The problem is, I just can't seem to be satisfied with what I end up making.
    Uhm.. Do you mind giving me advice?

Well this is what mine roughly typically looks like. http://imgur.com/a/LZ1em The side deck is just other things you can put in, like scapegoat and first of the dragons for a beatstick and staling. If you need anything or want to ask anything, feel free.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Mind sharing your Constellar and Cloudians? I at-least want to build them. Wouldn't mind seeing your Aqua Actresses either, though I'm content with mine.
    Let me know if you don't recognize any of the cards. And I haven't played these decks in a while, so I just updated them on the fly and haven't tested them at all.

The Cloudian build is more Floodgate City than anything, I used to play Turbulence, but Smoke Ball is literally one of the worst draws in the game.

Constellars using Brilliant Fusion is more or less standard these days from what I've heard, haven't actually played it irl. I've seen Artifacts too, but it's an old deck, there'll be a couple different variations.

Aqua Actress you get a lot of room for tech choices, and imo if you're not running Moon Mirror Shield you should, it not only gets over everything, but you can put it as Chain Link 2 (this is irl, ygopro has issues with building chains), after Lighting as CL1, and get up pretty high in ATK.
    Spoiler:

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
    Years
  • I'm trying to create an Artifact build. It's hard because I'm so used to using Pendulums, and I'm terrible at deckbuilding.

UPDATE: I finally cracked. So I'm going to add some Pendulums. Risebell the Summoner is a good card for changing the Level 4s into Level 5s, for all of the Rank 5 Xyz Summons.
    I also need a good Scale 8-10 monster, but the only one that'll work is Dragonpit Magician, but its full potential is only achieved with another "Magician" monster. So I could probably use Pendulum Shift with Archfiend Eccentrick or Performapal Momoncarpet, but it might take up too much space. ;-;

Oh, Do you not like D/D/D's that much?
    Yeah! Reaction force! XD That would be really cool if you pulled that off. Oh and do you use the Performapal odd-eyes unicorn card too?
    I do like them, but I just enjoy playing my Odd-Eyes beatsticks more {XD}.
    The only Performapal I use is Skullcrobat Joker, but I might add some more when Performapal Odd-Eyes Metal Claw comes out.
    Spoiler: Performapal Odd-Eyes Metal Claw!

1 "Odd-Eyes" monster + 1 "Performapal" monster
    Cannot be used as a Fusion Material. If this card is Fusion Summoned using "Polymerization", it is unaffected by other cards' effects. If this card declares an attack: All monsters you currently control gain 300 ATK until the end of the Battle Phase.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I'm trying to create an Artifact build. It's hard because I'm so used to using Pendulums, and I'm terrible at deckbuilding.

UPDATE: I finally cracked. So I'm going to add some Pendulums. Risebell the Summoner is a good card for changing the Level 4s into Level 5s, for all of the Rank 5 Xyz Summons.
    I also need a good Scale 8-10 monster, but the only one that'll work is Dragonpit Magician, but its full potential is only achieved with another "Magician" monster. So I could probably use Pendulum Shift with Archfiend Eccentrick or Performapal Momoncarpet, but it might take up too much space. ;-;

I do like them, but I just enjoy playing my Odd-Eyes beatsticks more {XD}.
    The only Performapal I use is Skullcrobat Joker, but I might add some more when Performapal Odd-Eyes Metal Claw comes out.
    Spoiler: Performapal Odd-Eyes Metal Claw!

1 "Odd-Eyes" monster + 1 "Performapal" monster
    Cannot be used as a Fusion Material. If this card is Fusion Summoned using "Polymerization", it is unaffected by other cards' effects. If this card declares an attack: All monsters you currently control gain 300 ATK until the end of the Battle Phase.
    I've never seen Pendulum Artifact, seems pretty interesting. Historically, you'd have a separate engine that uses up your Normal Summon, then you can just Sanctum or pop your own sets to get the Artifacts out. Let us know how that works out though. And I love how we keep getting new versions of Towers, cards that just aren't affected by anything lol. Summoning by Poly is definitely not that hard

Really cool decks Flushed. I really like your Constellar deck in particular, It's great. :)
    Uhm, would you mind showing us your Ultra Athletes deck?
    R4mTzTH.png

They really need a way to get to Midfielder. But that's where Mithra, Stormforth and the Mirror Forces come in lol. Might try the new Pot card, I play multiples of practically everything, I could probably afford to banish for the cost

OMG! For some reason, seeing Armory Arm in the Extra Deck made me feel happy inside. xD
    Tbh I don't think I've ever gone into the Extra Deck, let alone Armory Arm haha

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
    Years
  • Well, I just learned that the anime is finally (after a year of delay) getting its season two dub.

But from context and that the original version is already on its third season, I'm afraid that the anime's going to end soon. Do you guys think (if you guys have watched it) that this'll be the last we see of the Yugioh anime?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I haven't watched really since Battle City (lol), and I don't know the popularity of the anime, but I think the TCG/OCG is still huge and seeing as these cards stem mostly from the anime, I think it'll continue. The game could definitely go on without the anime, but I think at the moment they're pretty extensively tied together

countryemo

Years
  • Anime is pretty good. Arc-V can be pretty killer. Plus its brought a lot of good decks, Fluffals, OEM, Monarchs back, Yosenju, Performages, Lunalights, RaidRapters, D/D/D, Speedroids. I have so many Arc-V decks.. Usually I might build a anime deck, but a lot of my decks are Arc-V.

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
    Years
  • Not to mention Starve Venom Fusion Dragon. And I prognosticate that we will be seeing a lot of those once it comes out to TCG. {XD}

I'll try and post my Artifact Build later. I feel like I'm on the verge of something. What that something is, I don't know yet. But it's something!

EDIT: Here it is!
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

countryemo

Years
  • Yeah Starve Venom is looking good too, I already have two decks to put it in, Fluffals and Lunalights.

Slowly collecting the Cubic cards, the deck really is kinda eh without Duja though. Dark Magician, Blue-Eyes, and Magician Girls are sadly more in demand and harder to pull. Magician Girls are kinda fun with the attack me? Fine. effects. Thinking about maybe trying Bujins on YGOPro too.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    EDIT: Here it is!
    Spoiler:
    Definitely max out of Ignitions, and Sanctums (which is the MVP in Artifacts). Haven't really looked into your pendulum engine, but seems interesting, lot of cool techs.

Yeah Starve Venom is looking good too, I already have two decks to put it in, Fluffals and Lunalights.

Slowly collecting the Cubic cards, the deck really is kinda eh without Duja though. Dark Magician, Blue-Eyes, and Magician Girls are sadly more in demand and harder to pull. Magician Girls are kinda fun with the attack me? Fine. effects. Thinking about maybe trying Bujins on YGOPro too.
    I want to play Magician girls, but they have like so little offense, can't find a good build.

countryemo

Years
  • I want to play Magician girls, but they have like so little offense, can't find a good build.

This is what I'm currently testing: https://gyazo.com/479ac8fe090056f8d3020b6fa8c2da2a

I keep switching cards in and out, like you said its hard to find a good build. I took out a Foolish and one of the mirror forces to try out All-Attack Orders to force attacks on my girls, that would mean I would have to attack myself, but same with Pot of Duality, the special summoning is on the opponents turn.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I just don't feel like DM and DMG have the best synergy with the MGs. Definitely have to test and stuff more though before I can definitively say that. On a similar note, all the Dark Magician Dragons and stuff are being reprinted, which is sad because I have an original DMGKnight, but cool because I've always wanted to try that deck too.

countryemo

Years
  • I just don't feel like DM and DMG have the best synergy with the MGs. Definitely have to test and stuff more though before I can definitively say that. On a similar note, all the Dark Magician Dragons and stuff are being reprinted, which is sad because I have an original DMGKnight, but cool because I've always wanted to try that deck too.

Did you mean to say DMG or DMoC? They don't synergies a lot per se, mostly discard foddes and gearstick, recycling spells is nice too.

Back