• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashMaster24

Eevee Lover and Dark Master
Years
  • I've been wanting to do this challenge for a while so I'm signing up now.

Username: SmashMaster24
    Partner Pokemon: Eevee
    Challenge: Ultimate
    Game(s): Yellow, Gold, Ruby, Diamond, White, X

Last edited:

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • I did an impromptu solo on SoulSilver with Rampardos (nicknamed Outrage). No extravagant update css like I normally do, but here's some screenshots and final stats. I'll also be starting my Blaziken Ultimate very soon, so look forward to an update on that as well.

Screenshots

ssrampardos_zpsymp4hluj.png

Final Stats

409.png

Outrage (Rampardos) ♂ Lv. 100
    Earthquake, Iron Tail, Head Smash, Zen Headbutt

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • So for some reason, Red's Snorlax can somehow outspeed a Politoed. But speaking of Politoed, the Politoed solo is complete. It was basically over once I got Surf. I ended up going back to Cherrygrove for the Mystic Water to make Surf hit even harder. No real difficulties with this one because of the set I had with the exception of, as always, Red's bulky Snorlax of doom.

186.png

Froggette (Politoed) Lv. 73 @ Mystic Water
    Moves: Ice Punch, Earthquake, Surf, Body Slam

9107604c2bdb463e80b09548e310cc4d.png
    c7de529221d840cfbed9fa87c5d5b132.png

Now in the meantime, while I think of another mon for a conquest of Johto (and Kanto by association), I may as well get this one out of the way.

Username: KoboraX
    Partner Pokemon: Ampharos
    Challenge: Single
    Game: Platinum

By now you've probably noticed I'm doing a lot of single runs when I could easily just do an Ultimate run, but I'm not doing that because then I'll feel pressured to only do one solo run. I'm just kinda doing things my way so I can bang out Johto solos...and ye.

SmashMaster24

Years
  • Eevee Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Kanto Update 1

Spoiler:

Current "Team":
    eevee.png

Evan (Eevee) Lv. 22
    Tackle, Tail Whip, Sand-Attack, Growl
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
    Years
  • Finished Ampharos on Platinum! :]

Well I finished it last night but was too tired to update. Now I'll be moving on to White 2 which will also be on my hard copy. Don't know when I'll get around to it just yet, same goes for Blastoise on Platinum, as I want to knock out a couple of my current monotype runs first.

Also I was originally hoping to update the OP yesterday but I ended up going out and when I got home I was too tired and lazy to do it. Hopefully I get around to it after work tonight if not I'll try to get it done Friday since that's my next day off.

Anyway here's the details for the run.​

Challenge
    Spoiler:
    Badges
    50px-Coal_Badge.png
    50px-Forest_Badge.png
    50px-Cobble_Badge.png
    50px-Fen_Badge.png
    50px-Relic_Badge.png
    50px-Mine_Badge.png
    50px-Icicle_Badge.png
    50px-Beacon_Badge.png

Hall Of Fame
    No screenshot unforunately, never had the chance to take a photo since I finished while travelling.
    181.gif

Maybelline
    Level 71 | Female | Timid | Static
    Thunderbolt | Power Gem | Signal Beam | Hidden Power (Ice)​

Without Hidden Power Ice this challenge would have been impossible without grinding all the way to level 100. The idea of facing Cynthia's Garchomp was terrifying and prolonged my starting the challenge because I didn't want to go through the struggle. Now for how the showdown with Garchomp went. Garchomp outsped Maybelline even though she was like 10 levels higher and a timid nature, went for Earthquake, brought Maybelline down to 10 HP from full which had me absolutely terrified as I watch Maybelline's HP drop, then Maybelline proceeded to OHKO Garchomp with Hidden Power.​

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • Without Hidden Power Ice this challenge would have been impossible without grinding all the way to level 100. The idea of facing Cynthia's Garchomp was terrifying and prolonged my starting the challenge because I didn't want to go through the struggle. Now for how the showdown with Garchomp went. Garchomp outsped Maybelline even though she was like 10 levels higher and a timid nature, went for Earthquake, brought Maybelline down to 10 HP from full which had me absolutely terrified as I watch Maybelline's HP drop, then Maybelline proceeded to OHKO Garchomp with Hidden Power.​

.......Welp, it looks like I'm going to have a very bad time. Gotta do that shard grinding so I can hopefully pick up Ice Punch or some method of not getting destroyed by that thing.

Enigma

Years
  • I completed the first part of my ultimate with Blaziken on FireRed. I'm kind of liking the very simplistic update I did last time, so I'm going to do it again this time!
    I also would have had more screenshots, but about half way through I kept forgetting to take screenshots at the leaders. This should be sufficient, though!
    Next up is either HeartGold or Emerald. I'm also very steadily working on Colosseum!

Screenshots

blazikenfr_zpsw3ifxk6d.png

Final Stats

257.png

Asakujaku (Blaziken) ♂ Lv. 83
    Blaze Kick, Earthquake, Slash, Sky Uppercut

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2016
    Username: pawsjerm
    Pokemon: Rotom
    Games: Soul Silver, Alpha Sapphire, Platinum, Black 2, Y

Started playing through platinum first, if that's alright. Hacked in Rotom as a starter. Made it four badges in so far. The first two badges weren't too bad, but Fantina decided to be a bit of a challenge. Eventually beat her though with a little bit of luck (i.e. use of double team shenanigans).

Last edited:

Enigma

Years

• Ultimate Solo Challenge (Blaziken)

Mini-Update: HeartGold, Emerald, Platinum, Black 2 Complete!

Screenshots

blazikenhg_zpsghlkdvb6.png

blazikenemerald_zpsvql5cqdx.png

blazikenplat_zpsw4kbdnwj.png

blazikenb2_zpszc3qb8bo.png
    Stats

HeartGold

Spr_4d_257_m.png

Asakujaku (Blaziken) ♂ Lv. 84
    Flare Blitz, Brave Bird, Earthquake, Sky Uppercut

Emerald

Spr_3e_257.png

Asakujaku (Blaziken) ♂ Lv. 71
    Blaze Kick, Earthquake, Slash, Sky Uppercut

Platinum

Spr_4d_257_m.png

Asakujaku (Blaziken) ♂ Lv. 74
    Flare Blitz, Earthquake, Sky Uppercut, Brave Bird

Black 2

Spr_5b_257_m.png

Asakujaku (Blaziken) ♂ Lv. 80
    Flare Blitz, Brave Bird, Shadow Claw, Hi Jump Kick

CSS by Enigma

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2016
    Completed Platinum with Rotom. Wasn't too difficult until Cynthia where most of her pokemon could two shot Rotom. Only took a couple of tries after having to go through the elite four a couple of times and ended up higher leveled.

Final stuff:
    Spoiler:

Moved onto Black 2 where I hacked in a Rotom for my starter. Currently 3 badges in.
    Update: I have now finished Black 2. Wasn't too difficult other than Grimsley.

Spoiler:

Moving on to Alpha Sapphire next.

Challenge Details:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • So I haven't done a solo run since the last time I updated my Hitmonlee one, and i never finished it but have no effort with it anymore, so I'd like to start over with a new pokemon. This time I'd like to do Poliwrath!

I'll be doing Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, Black, and X

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2016
    Username: Blueshine
    Partner Pokemon: Bulbasaur
    Challenge: Single
    Game(s): Red

I'm going to be starting up my first solo run today! Wish me luck! Also, what happens if I do a solo challenge with one but decide to use it again for the rest later?

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
    Years
  • Been a while, but hey! Updates! First Platinum with Treecko. We're currently at 5 badges.

Treecko (m) Lv. 56
    Relaxed, Mischievous
    @Shell Bell
    127/76/80/105/78/95
    Energy Ball | Giga Drain | Return | Rock Tomb
    Total times fainted: 2

Details:
    Spoiler:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And that floatzel talk (if you read the preceding details) nicely segues into the other solo run, with Buizel in White 2! We also have 5 badges here.

Buizel (f) Lv. 46
    Jolly, Often lost in thought
    @Eviolite
    126/90/49/69/43/116
    Aqua Tail | Return | Ice Punch | Dig
    Total times fainted: 5

Details:
    Spoiler:

SmashMaster24

Years
  • I'm just going to rant here for a moment, so if you don't feel like reading this, you can just skip ahead.

Spoiler:

So I started over again, this time in LeafGreen version.

Eevee Ultimate Eevee Solo Challenge
    Kanto Update 1 (Again)

Spoiler:

Current "Team":
    eevee.png

Evan (Eevee) ♂ Lv. 14
    Run Away, Docile Nature
    Tackle, Tail Whip, Sand-Attack, Helping Hand

Spoiler:

HM Slaves: Squirtle, Spearow

Last edited:

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • Gallade Ultimate Solo Run
    SoulSilver, Alpha Sapphire, Diamond (Complete!), Black 2, Y

I kinda forget how everything went down, but after a long period of inactivity on this section I have completed Diamond! I also lost the rom so I don't have the final set.

SmashMaster24

Years
    Kanto Update 2

Spoiler:

Current Team:
    eevee.png

Evan (Eevee) ♂ Lv. 42
    Run Away, Docile Nature
    Take Down, Dig, Shadow Ball, Sand-Attack

Spoiler:

HM Slaves: Squirtle, Spearow (Fly), Sandshrew (Cut)

Last edited:

MorganW

That Kid You Don't Like
    Years
  • I was recently gonna just do a Swinub solo run on Platinum or Soul Silver but after seeing this post I think I'll try an Ultimate challenge.

Username:MorganW
    Partner Pokemon: Eevee (Evolving to Umbreon)
    Games: Fire Red, Soul Silver, Sapphire, Platinum, Black, Y,

(For Fire Red you can't evolve Eevee into an Umbreon as there is no day/night cycle so is it alright if I start out with Umbreon just for fire red?)

Last edited:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
    Years
  • Hey everyone! I know I said I would update a while ago but I've been very busy with work, grinding in Pokemon Go cause that game has me hooked, and I just got back from a camping trip this passed weekend with my girlfriend and some friends so I spent a lot of time planning for that. Anyway, until school starts in September I don't have many things to keep me from updating, besides work of course, but I should hopefully have the OP updated at least partially by the end of the week.

Have fun with your challenges everyone! :D

(For Fire Red you can't evolve Eevee into an Umbreon as there is no day/night cycle so is it alright if I start out with Umbreon just for fire red?)
    For sure!

Last edited:

SmashMaster24

Years
    Kanto Update 3

Spoiler:

Current Team:
    eevee.png

Evan (Eevee) ♂ Lv. 59
    Run Away, Docile Nature
    Take Down, Dig, Shadow Ball, Sand-Attack

Spoiler:

HM Slaves: Squirtle (Surf), Spearow (Fly), Sandshrew (Cut, Strength)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back