• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relica

Worst Player Ever
Years
  • So I just finished Pokemon Y. My inner ten year old is at peace now. With that, the Ultimate Charizard run is complete. Send me to the OP Big C. Arecus bless fire starters.

Spoiler:

I don't know what to do now to be honest. That was a lot shorter time than the Blaziken challenge. As for the run itself? I hate Sturdy with a new found passion if nothing else. The game wasn't very hard, and once I got solar beam the moveset was basically complete. Just a word of advice for anyone who's doing a complete run with Charizard in the future. Pick X. Just do yourself a favor and get the one that doesn't die from a slight brush against a stone. Funfact, I almost lost the AZ fight because Air Slash missed and I got stone edged in return and barely survived. I hate 95% accuracy moves, they only miss when everything will fall apart.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Completed this on Crystal - It was an easy run but omg did Red's venusaur give me problems- and so did his Pikachu for that matter- Pikachu almost always critted and paralyzed me so I wasted a ton of healing items on him and I had to reset/flinch for venusaur so it wouldn't use it's solarbeam - Snorlax was surprisingly easy though.

Spoiler:

Final stats:

Lady Helix|Female|Lvl 78|@Mystic Water
    AncientPower
    Icy Wind
    Bite
    Surf

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    And finished!

Psychic Badge: Light Screen was my bane once again. Cerridwyn had to last it out with the help of Moomoo Milk.

Lysandre: His Mienshao was the problem here. Luckily Cerridwyn got off a critical Surf.

Iceburg Badge: Ice resists Cerridwyn's main attacks, Surf and Ice Beam, so Thunderbolt became the most used attack here.

Malva: Easy enough. Surfed through this one.

Siebold: Stone Edge caused some concern but Thunderbolt saw us through.

Drasna: Ice Beam with Dragon Pulse in support made this easy.

Wikstrom: The hardest Elite 4 member. Apparently Aegislash can use Kings Shield consecutively. I also forgot Probopass' Sturdy ability and he punished me for it with Power Gem.

Diantha: Tyrantrum knocked out Cerridwyn with Head Smash so Froakie took one for the team while I used Max Revive. No one else was much trouble until we got to her Mega Gardevoir. Once again I forgot about an ability, this time Trace. Which promptly copied Water Absorb. With one of her main attacks off the table, Cerridwyn ran out of PP for her Ice Beam and finished off Mega Gardevoir with Thunderbolt. Hit points were in single digits.

Final States:

Cerridwyn the Modest Lapras, ♀, Lv 71
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Item: Leftovers
    Moves: Thunderbolt, Surf, Ice Beam, Dragon Pulse

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • Diantha: Tyrantrum knocked out Cerridwyn with Head Smash so Froakie took one for the team while I used Max Revive. No one else was much trouble until we got to her Mega Gardevoir. Once again I forgot about an ability, this time Trace. Which promptly copied Water Absorb. With one of her main attacks off the table, Cerridwyn ran out of PP for her Ice Beam and finished off Mega Gardevoir with Thunderbolt. Hit points were in single digits.

I now feel obliged to point out that Garde loses her Traced ability upon Mega Evolving. :)

Just started Diamond. HM Slave Xander the Turtwig was fun until I reached a point where I could hack in Inigo the Ralts and begin my solo. I'd post a set, but it's a Lv10 Ralts, so it can't do crap.

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • So you remember that horrible, horrible Ledian solo I started long ago and never got around to finishing yet? I've finally dealt with the Elite Four. Just 8 more gyms, the trial of pain that is Blue, and Red and Ledian will finally be off my hitlist.

EDIT: It's over at last. The Ledian solo is done. I never have to use this scrub bug ever again!

Scrublord (Ledian) Lv. 79 @ Quick Claw
    Moves: Thunderpunch, Ice Punch, DynamicPunch, Double-Edge

So now I can move onto Furret with no roadblocks.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Eh did another red random solo - Was honestly expecting more of a challenge with vespiquen - nope - Blaine was the only one giving me problems - and Agatha's lapras hated me and froze me like 4 or 5 times in a row - but otherwise it was a rather easy run ~

Hall of fame:
    Spoiler:

Final stats:

BumbleBee|Lvl 73
    Fly
    Slash
    Toxic
    Tri Attack

Years
  • Comleted Ultimate solo Murkrow! ^^
    All in all I'm glad it's done. My biggest complain is not the difficulty (I have to expect that when I choose NFE), but the movepool. Basically every game was the same, I wait for Faint Attack, I wait for Fly, I teach him Steel Wing/Secret Power/Dark Pulse if avaliable... and that's the whole moveset. It became kind of boring after a while. Other than that, I had to grind a lot. There was at least one point in every region, except Kalos and Johto, where I had to stop and grind just to defeat certain Gym Leader/Elite 4 member. The most of these I had in Hoenn, but Sinnoh is a close runner-up. That's also why I changed White 2 to Black, as I realised that I'm not getting past Colress without another hour-long grind {XD}. Other than that Super Luck actually turned out to be very useful, letting me ocassionally proceed through many dangerous looking battles without a scratch :). Overall I'm feeling satisfied not only because I did it, but also because I managed to complete it in such a short time (at least for me). With the upcoming Pokemon Sun and Moon, it will be my second to last Ultimate solo for a while as I realised that along the release of gen VII games I'll have to do all the solos too. I will sign up for another ultimate solo, but only after I can say for sure if I'm getting Sun or Moon (that would mean ultimate solo Solrock or Lunatone respectively). I'm just gonna do Singles for now :).

Kanto:
    Spoiler:
    Johto:
    Spoiler:
    Hoenn:
    Spoiler:
    Sinnoh:
    Spoiler:
    Unova:
    Spoiler:
    Kalos:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2021
    Username: ZapperPoke
    Pokemon: Snubbull -> Granbull
    Type: Single
    Game: Ruby

:t210:
    Riley the Timid Granbull
    Level 71
    Ability: Intimidate
    Strength, Sludge Bomb, Overheat, Crunch
    Spoiler:

Also, please take me FR Mewtwo solo off of the list please. I never finished it

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2021
    Did another one!
    Username: ZapperPoke
    Pokemon: Kyogre
    Type: Single
    Game: Ruby

It's done as well!

:t382:
    Bozo the Calm Kyogre
    Level 61
    Ability: Drizzle
    Surf, Strength, Ice Beam, Calm Mind
    Spoiler:

This one was kind of boring, to be honest. It was never a challenge and I just kind of destroyed everything everywhere. Since legends have slow exp growth, it never felt like a SOLO challenge since I was on par the whole time, it just felt like I was playing through the game. I think i'll try shuppet next.

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
    Years
  • It's been a long time since I did a challenge and a solo run sounds fun! Looking forward to getting started ^_^

Username: Andrew
    Partner Pokemon: Gardevoir

Challenge: Ultimate
    Game(s): Fire Red - SoulSilver - Alpha Sapphire - Platinum - Black 2 - Y

I never got started on this because life happened shortly after and I've been super busy with school. I'm finally going to start but I'm going to make some changes. I'm going to switch from Gardevoir to Pikachu, and change my Kanto game from FireRed to Yellow.

Username: Andrew
    Partner Pokemon: Pikachu

Game(s): Yellow - SoulSilver - Alpha Sapphire - Platinum - Black 2 - Y

Years
  • I randomized the starters in Gold and I got Mankey as one of them - I was like "Oh good! Challenge!" - It was easy all the way until Red- than his espeon started destroying me over and over and over - I had less problems with Sabrina .-." But I did it!

Spoiler:

Final stats:

BonBon|Female|Lvl 80|@Quick Claw
    Cross Chop
    Ice Punch
    Fire Punch
    ThunderPunch

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    I'm going back to my Pearl Bibarel Solo run now since I have been away for a long time. Right now I'm still at Wayward Cave and even though I planned to get the hidden items, I decided to get out of there as quickly as possible since I'm tired of grinding the same Bronzors and Zubats.

Years
  • Completed solo Froslass in Platinum :).
    It was pretty easy and enjoyable. Only Flint gave me a real trouble as somehow his pokemon were landing critical hits more than usual. Add the weakness to Fire and Froslass couldn't survive almost any attack.

Hall of Fame:
    Spoiler:

Stats:

Elsa, Hasty, Snow Cloak, lv. 85
    -Ice Beam
    -Shadow Ball
    -Psychic
    -Thunderbolt​

I also completed solo Lumineon in Platinum :).
    I expected it to be a bit harder, but the only hard part was the painful Experience group (Erratic). I also spent more time than usual with Cheryl to evolve Finneon before Gardenia. It was a good idea as even with Lumineon I still had to rely on Attract to defeat her.

Hall of Fame:
    Spoiler:

Stats:

Moonlight, Quiet, Swift Swim, lv. 93 @Soothe Bell
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Bounce
    -Return​

Yuutsa

Regretting life, one step at a time
    Years
  • Username: Yuutsa
    Partner Pokemon: Buneary -> Lopunny
    Game(s): Soul Silver > Alpha Sapphire > Platinum > White > X

Time to go catch my SS Buneary!
    Wish me luck!

Edit:
    Whelp this was much more challengingannoying than I expected.
    Did you know that you can't teach Buneary any non-normal/fighting moves before the first trainer fight against a ghastly? Because I sure didn't. Also, this challenge has so far been made even more annoying due to the fact that I was outside of my Obedience range during both of the first two gyms. Anywhere, here y'all go!

Spoiler:

Level 11
    Hardy | Run Away
    -Pound
    -Defense Curl
    -Foresight
    -Endure
    Spoiler:

SoulSilver(2/16)>AlphaSapphire(0/8)>Platinum(0/8)>White(0/8)>X(0/8)

Level 23
    Hardy | Run Away
    -Pound
    -Defense Curl
    -Quick Attack
    -Jump Kick

Last edited:

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
    Years
  • Finished Pokemon Yellow! Thank god I had Pokemon Stadium to teach Pikachu surf. I don't think I would have ever beat this game with just Pikachu without it. This was my first time playing Yellow since it was released on the 3DS VC so it was a lot of fun playing it like I did when I was a kid (aka using only Pikachu for the entire game). She's nicknamed after my girlfriend, who's nickname is also "Yunachu" in case anyone was wondering where the nickname comes from.

YUNACHU | Level 74
    Thunderbolt/Surf/Thunder/Double Team

Spoiler:

I'm going to start breeding for a Shiny Pikachu with Volt Tackle to use on the rest of my runs, but if it takes too long for a shiny I'll just use a normal Volt Tackle Pikachu. I'm looking forward to the other games ^_^

Years
  • Finished solo Kricketune in Platinum :).
    At the beginning Kricketot knew only Bide and Growl and I had to level him up to level 16, delaying evolution, so it learns Bug Bite. It was very repetitive, but oddly satisfying {XD}. The rest of the game was actually way easier than I expected. Even at E4 Kettle could somehow barely survive many super effective attacks, so I could heal every turn and wait for opponent to run out of PP {XD}.

Hall of Fame:
    Spoiler:

Stats:
    Spoiler:

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
    Years
  • Previous Update

Well getting a shiny didn't take long! I hatched probably 120-150 eggs total and got a shiny while I was on the bus. I'm gonna get started on SoulSilver today! I had to recreate Pichu in PokeGen because you can't transfer from Gen 6 to Gen 4, but all of the stats are the same. I did change the Original Trainer ID to match my SoulSilver ID so I wouldn't get the experience boost from it being a "traded" pokemon, but everything else is the same.

Spoiler:

SoulSilver
    Want to do an update on my SoulSilver progress. I'm super busy with work and school so this game is going to take a while, but it's going well so far.

I did all of the fun intro stuff until I got a starter (chose Totodile and regretted it because now my Rival's starter is Chikorita, who's resistant to Electric attacks). I hacked in my shiny Pichu at Level 1 and set out. I also set it's happiness to a higher setting so it would evolve right away, as Pikachu is my pokemon for the challenge not Pichu. I grinded it up to Level 5 and then actually set out to Mr. Pokemon's house.

I completed that whole quest, beat my Rival, and finished the intro stuff. I fought every trainer along the way to Violet City and hit the Bellsprout Tower once I arrived. The tower was super annoying because ThunderShock wasn't very effective throughout the entire thing. Thankfully the level gap was high enough so Pikachu pushed through fairly easily.

Violet City gym was a walk in the park. ThunderShock, ThunderShock, and more ThunderShock! Along with a Volt Tackle here and there for good measure. I don't think Pikachu lost any health at all. Union Cave was a bit of a pain as well. Lots of rock types and all I had was ThunderShock and Volt Tackle. I avoided most of the trainer battles except for the required ones.

Azalea Town was quick and easy too except for the rival battle. Team Rocket didn't stand a chance and it turns out Pikachu is a pretty effective bug zapper. I lost to my rival twice though. I ended up having to grind Pikachu to level 21 to get Slam, and then set up for Bayleef by maxing out my evasion with double team. Took him down no problem on my third try.

Went through Ilex Forest, got cut, taught it to HM Slave Totodile, met the Kimono Girl, fought the trainers on Route 34 and went to Goldenrod. Went straight to the Radio Tower to get the Radio Card and force Whitney back in to the gym. I was a bit nervous about this gym because Whitney is always a pain, but once again Double Team saved me. I set up on her Clefairy and then took on Miltank. Miltank didn't land a single hit on me, but kept healing with Milk Drink. Finally I got a bit lucky and hit a critical with Volt Tackle and Miltank went down. Got my 3rd badge and that's where I am now. I'm definitely having a lot of fun with this challenge and it's really nice to play SoulSilver again (it's my favorite in the series).

Yunachu
    , Lvl. 25 (Mild)
    ThunderShock | Volt Tackle | Slam | Double Team
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • I've been really really busy with these lately- Just too lazy to post until now lol

1. Did weezing on Crystal- I had no problems except for Jasmine - It took me ages to get fire blast D:
    Spoiler:

Final stats:

Fiona|Female|Lvl 77
    Fire Blast
    Tackle
    Thunder
    Sludge

Did few Random red solos-
    1. I actually finished this one today and it was super easy except for Erika- Sleep is so annoying D:

Hall of fame:
    Spoiler:

Final stats:

Tim|Lvl 71
    Tri Attack
    Rock Slide
    Earthquake
    Low Kick

2. Xatu - Night Shade destroys everything :D

Hall of fame:
    Spoiler:

Final stats:

Tion|Lvl 71
    Psychic
    Fly
    Night Shade
    Teleport

3. Sudowoodo - It started as a bonsly with Fake tears and nothing else- So I had to use a pidgey for switch training than it finally got the Low Kick and the game finally started- It was super easy from there on :)

Hall of fame:
    Spoiler:

Final stats:

Broccolee|Lvl 71
    Rock Slide
    Low Kick
    Earthquake
    Body Slam

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.