• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Comedians.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I think I'm hilarious. I laugh at all my own jokes and I think I'm incredibly witty without really trying to be.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    My favourite thing in the world is to make people laugh. It's such a good feeling. :]

I think I'm better at jokes in real life. I can add really strange voices, make stupid hand gestures and do things you wouldn't normally do online. Besides it feels weird joking to a computer screen and having no idea whether the person even got your joke. They might just say lol to not make you feel like a complete idiot. I tend to make all sorts of jokes. Pulling puns out of nowhere, making really witty replies and I sometimes take a shot at others, but only in good nature. I've been told that I have a good sense of humour and people seem to enjoy my jokes. :p

And I love to have fun when I get the chance. Fun is the best word out there, in my opinion. :]

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    I consider myself a bit of a comic but not online because most of my jokes are either sarcastic or they end up hurting some group of people race/sex/religion that's why i keep a lot of jokes to myself.
    I tend to put aloy of funny voices on and I swear quite a lot so its hard to incorporate gestures and voices over text and when I swear too much through text it looks off

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    I don't think I'm that much of a comedian, but when the situation allows, I might drop in one or two witty remarks. It's much easier being (or trying to be) funny online than in person, as most people will find. I do like making people laugh as it signifies that people are comfortable with me and that makes me happy, but I always keep myself in check and make sure I don't overdo it for fear of not being truly myself.

Crux

Evermore
    Years
    Yeah, I like to say that I'm vaguely funny. Whether it's saying something ridiculous when things are awkward and/or tense:
    Why did the chicken cross the road? It didn't. It's rubber.

Or corny when a female is depressed: (Works 90% of the time. Pro tip guys, the sadder the girl, the cornier the joke, the best results.)

Or pulling a prank on somebody, like dude this one time, this one prank, I- uh, carved 'Hello' into a rock and put it into their mailbox... I'm wary of mentioning my almost psychologically torturous ones that I've done...

And I'm by far in my element when it's situational!

I'm generally far less funny online, though, it seems. -~-

Comedy movies, Hoenn?
    What, like Blue Streak? Or Clue? (What? Come on, that movie was a riot) Or- [drones on, and on, and on]

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I don't try to be funny, but the kids at school say I am. That doesn't bother me at all, I guess I'm just naturally funny. People like me and want to be around me, so that' fine too. There are some super funny people, way funnier than me who should be comedians!

disciplish

supreme meme machine
    Years
    I've been told I'm funny online. But then there it's a lot easier to joke around. Most of the time when people are laughing in real life, it's because I've said something dumb without realizing it, and then I go back and laugh at myself for being so stupid. I'm honestly not sure if that's from self-pity or if I really find it funny.

KidCarter93

PokéTech Guy
    Years
    I'm generally a really funny guy and have loved every minute of it.
    As I spent a hell of a lot of time watching comedy sketches (mainly stand up comedians) across TV and YouTube I hear a plethora of different jokes and weird circumstances and use that to my advantage. So if there's a conversation going on I'll just interrupt it and say something funny which is kinda related. That's the majority of my comedy covered.

The rest is mainly based around clever wordplay which I'll just say randomly when amongst people (whether I know them or not). Things like "I'm a boring insomniacs because I'm not interesting" tend to work really well. Well, they work really well as long as the others pick up on the wordplay rather than being confused about it.

So, all in all, my comedy is based on witty remarks, great timing and wordplay.

I actually find it much more difficult to be funny online. The odd witty remark will work wonders sometimes but nowhere near as often. A perfect example of one of my witty remarks working wonders is here.

The only other method which works quite well is sarcasm. While this also works when used in real life, I placed it here just so it appears as if there's more I do to be funny online. Sarcasm simply works brilliantly, especially when coupled with dry British humour.

It's a shame I can't share my favourite jokes here though as they're not exactly appropriate for a forum such as this :o

Jet Pilot

I killed Spiderman.
    Years
    Pretty much from grade 7 and on I guess I could say I was a "class clown".

I mean everyone can be funny.. You just need to find the types of jokes that you are good at telling.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    I don't really consider myself a funny person, mainly because I try to be all mature around people. Sometimes I make people laugh just by saying things that are serious to me but funny to them.

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
    Years
    OF COURSE!

I consider myself a Large Ham. People say I'm so hammy it's unreal. I tend to speak very loudly and say totally random things for the purpose of making people laugh. I even boast about weird outfits that I wear and weird things that I do. I often talk about something corny that I do very glowingly. And I do impersonations that are beyond hammy.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    Apparently I'm funny IRL, but I guess it depends on the situation. I've always been considered a silly person and either the butt of all jokes or the creator of them. I've been told that I'm funny and quirky. Online is a different story, though. I realised long ago that being funny online requires you to have a bit more wit and understanding, and since I have the wit of a brick, my attempts at online humour don't go down too well.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I don't consider myself funny when I'm on my serious side during class, but whenever I make a snarky comment, everyone laughs. Seems like you just have to try not to be funny in order to be funny to everyone else.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
    I'm typically the funny one of the group, koff~

If you can get a crowd roaring at what you just said, at a funeral mind you, you've stepped into something wonderful. Although when it comes to pen and paper, I sometimes falter. None the less, I trudge on, koffi~

Back