• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Community Supporter DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
    My class isn't just disrespectful to our subs, but our regular teachers as well. It's terrible.
    Our classroom is nearly always in chaos. It gets pretty irritating at times.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    A lot of kids are disrespectful now-a-days. Wasn't like that when I was younger; wish I could slap some respect into some people, but nooo.​
    Too many kid if you ask me. And they're getting pretty simple minded as well. I'm curious about the future for some of the kids in my school who are Juniors but they don't even know how to divide.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    There were so many disrespectful kids at my high school. Our school had "Senior Privileges" which allowed the Seniors to go out of the building for lunch and get food at the various fast food places/mini marts around the school.

But some abused this privilege. They loitered and smoked on people's property and two were caught "doing it" in someone's garage. That blatant disrespect for the rules of Senior Privilege caused the school to drop it after that year. And I was a Junior that year too. But, I probably wouldn't have left the school if I had Senior Privilege anyway...

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I do remember leaving the school sometimes back when I was in TAFE (it's a certificate course for Australia). Pretty much we were told because we had this program to attend (which was at school), we were led to believe we were allowed to leave school to go to the local shops and buy something to eat. It was mostly because it was a 9-4 day instead of 9-3, and the canteen wouldn't open for us because we would get out for lunch early. Then they stopped it for some reason idk. We weren't doing anything bad, like vandalism or anything. :/

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    ...lmfao subs.

I went to a beach high school, which meant that almost everyone in classes were high. Constantly. Imagine reading Macbeth in English class, completely surrounded by high out of their minds skater dudes. Good times. But going back to subs, now imagine the last scene when there's a SUB in the room.

Chaos ensued and I think they made one cry out of frustration. I remember she asked one of the high guys to read some of Macbeth, and he just... he couldn't.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    My classes really varied on how they treated subs. Sometimes the class was really good, but there were other classes with troublemakers who weren't afraid to stir up chaos... and in those classes there was hell to pay once our teacher got back, even for us who weren't causing problems.

It got better as I got into high school as I was put in classes with the other smart kids and we didn't bother the subs xD

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    There was one sub that we made so mad in middle school, she refused to comeback to the school. I don't even remember what we did, but I think it had something to do with rubber bands. XD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    My mom does substitute teaching from time to time, and she's got more than her fair share of horror stories... though from what I hear from her those kids (first graders) are rough even when their regular teaqcher is in. Throw a sub in there, and watch out...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Substitutes. I quite like them. They're quite easy to manipulate XD

I remember in second grade we had a sub and she asked a kid what's 3 times 4 and he said 15 so she went off swearing at everyone. Then security came and dragged her out. Good times.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Oh, everyone knows the best sub in the world is one which is boring, and then asks you to make a band with him. But in terms of cool subs, I don't think I've ever had one, unless you count one which was a maths one, and we pretty much spoke about history the whole time, and then we actually learnt something useful in maths. :]

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    When I would get a sub, it would be in the sense that it's a one-day thing, so it was kinda easy to find a specific teacher for the job. Sometimes for my multimedia classes I would get another multimedia teahcer subbing for us. It's good when we actually want to get some work done, as the person knows stuff about what we're learning.

Years
    Poor subs. In most cases, how they control the class is up to them, but you're going to have the odd kid who just won't function normally. I'd personally be more concern with keeping them under a reasonable amount of control - just enough that you can help or allow the working students to complete their work.

I start my Maths/French Teaching degree at the beginning of next year. Something to look forward to :P

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    It's better for a sub who's experienced in the same field as the teacher whom they're subbing for. It makes the class day much more easier than having a sub with no experience at all and assigning book werk. God...I hated book work back then.

Archer said:
    I start my Maths/French Teaching degree at the beginning of next year. Something to look forward to

That sounds like two great fields! Especially French...I always wanted to learn the language.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    We have this one sub in our school, and I swear to god, he's as dumb as a stick. His name is Wally, and he has a very heavy accent. (I'm not against that or anything, or trying to be racist) but it's very hard to understand him. He always talks about picking girls up at McDonald's (Because he says his wife left him there) and you could persuade him that we don't have any classwork or homework by saying we don't. He also says that Osama was a close family friend..

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    My real (not sub) physics professor in college was a bit insane too... He'd randomly yell out "SHUT UP!" during class and talk about how he set a lab on fire back in his graduate school days xD

Katja

Years
    I've had a lot of random subs in high school. Most of the time we literally did nothing and had paper airplane fights. True story. -_- High school sucks.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I love how the DCC has been the topic about high school and subs for about a page and a half or so now. xD

But Hi guys. @_@ I just woke up. Waking up at 7 PM or so is definitely kinda weird, no matter how many times you do it to get used to it.

I guess most of us kinda miss school already? xD

Wow, Derk...did you pull an all-nighter last night? I wish I woke up at 7 PM or so. Apparently school is not letting me.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I woke up at 9:30 today, which is kinda normal for me I guess. It sure beats Tuesday, where I slept pretty much the whole day and expected to sleep another 12 hours on top of that.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I've been waking up at around 8 am all this week. I was going to bed at 11 pm because I'm trying to adjust my schedule.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back