• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Completionist

Sorvete

Novice
Years
  • How often do you choose a game to complete it 100%? Be it do all missions, side missions, collectibles or even seeking every achievement? Is this something you like to do with your favorite games? And how often do you complete the task more than just plan to do it?

Years
  • hell no

I tell myself EVERY TIME I start a game that I'm going to complete it entirely but EVERY TIME I just let it sit in my "unfinished" backlog of games and it's infuriating.

Years
  • aaaaaa rarely nowadays. Most games seem to have so much to do that I wouldn't be able to 100% it, especially with how lazy and distracted I can become. Perhaps at some point, but atm I don't have the attention span for it. @_@

Years
  • When I was younger I used to aim for 100% on pretty much every game since I had the free time, but nowadays I rarely try unless I absolutely love the game.

Emilia

~ free falling
    Years
  • When I was younger I used to aim for 100% on pretty much every game since I had the free time, but nowadays I rarely try unless I absolutely love the game.

This is pretty much me too. Unless I really like a certain game, I'll go for 100% but only a few games I've reached 100%.
    I think my first one was Sly 2 or Sly 3 for the PS2? But I don't remember lol

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I will make sacrifices to my health and mental wellbeing to complete a game 100%. No game I play isn't completed to as high a standard as is allowed, and that includes DLC. This is part of why I don't play too many games, because I obsess over one for so long.

Years
  • Only if it's easy enough to do so. The moment it takes any kind of intense grinding or something like resetting in order to get enemies you need? Nope, I'm done, not wasting my time doing that. For instance, I got plat for Nier Automata lately but still didn't 100% because I didn't feel like spending potentially even more hours getting the last bits of data I needed. Just wasn't happening.

Years
  • What's 100% completion? Most games I play I'll never get around to it, especially JRPGs.

I think the closest I've gotten to 100% are on The World Ends With You DS (missing some enemy data) and Chrono Trigger DS (need to hit level 100 to get the final form of Spekkio and might be missing some items, been awhile since I've checked). Maybe Tales of Symphonia too but I'd have to check my current file to see what I'm missing.

Cid

Years
  • If it's a favorite of mine like Gold, I complete the Pokédex like there's no tomorrow. I managed to do it, too, with the help of alchemy for Celebi and various other games, haha. Right now I'm trying to do it for Yellow since it'll benefit my Crystal save file, too.

For other games, I just complete the main story and do as much post-game content as I can. I generally don't complete bestiary entries for those games.

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
  • For me I like to try to complete the game 100%, or set crazy goals only as such crazy people would reach, but it's seldom that I manage to complete the task.

Years
  • It's satisfying to do, but I don't really have the time to aim for 100% completion anymore. I'm just fine with beating a game normally.

Last edited:
    Back