• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Confirmed Information Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Given how ORAS is coming out over a year and a month after XY were released, it's likely the next game(s) will be released in the first few months of 2016 at the earliest. (Of course, since December is an important month because of Christmas and Hanukkah and the like, it's still possible GF could release the game(s) December 2015.)

re: next CoroCoro, I'm personally hoping to see more details about contests, especially since they were mentioned in this month's. I also sort of want to see if Trainer customization is confirmed, though part of me also wants to wait for the games to be released so I can confirm it myself, haha ;;

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Given how ORAS is coming out over a year and a month after XY were released, it's likely the next game(s) will be released in the first few months of 2016 at the earliest. (Of course, since December is an important month because of Christmas and Hanukkah and the like, it's still possible GF could release the game(s) December 2015.)

re: next CoroCoro, I'm personally hoping to see more details about contests, especially since they were mentioned in this month's. I also sort of want to see if Trainer customization is confirmed, though part of me also wants to wait for the games to be released so I can confirm it myself, haha ;;

I would want it in December 2015 seeing how ORAS are coming out 13 months after XY, so 13 months would be a nice rift between releases, being over a year yet not too far.

On topic: I'll like to see those things too. I can't wait for the Mega 'scoop' either.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023

December seems more likely, due to those reasons that you've given here! That's what I'd like to see, personally, too. I'll be having a lot of free time then, so it wouldn't hurt to spend some under gaming.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I'm pretty sure August CoroCoro would only give the Mega Evolution news, like who gets new Megas, who are the new Mega Trainers, and their item.

If they are gonna talk about other stuff, I guess they might just put it in September's issue :P

Years
    What I want to see from August CoroCoro is some in-game screenshots of Contests in action, showing off anything new and how the costumes are implemented/effect the feature. Also, of course I'm still expecting Sharpedo and Camerupt to eventually get Megas, so they could be revealed next month. d:

Years
    I'm pretty sure August CoroCoro would only give the Mega Evolution news, like who gets new Megas, who are the new Mega Trainers, and their item.

If they are gonna talk about other stuff, I guess they might just put it in September's issue :P

Actually technically their September issue is the one being released next month... I dislike how they call the issue after the following month it releases (like for example the issue we just got is called the July issue). I just call next month's the 'August release' to avoid confusion xD. Anyways they said that the August release will have info on the Pikachu forms so that already disproves your prediction.

Years
    It's one month ahead because it comes from the future *o*

Even when Mega Evolution was first revealed in CoroCoro (which would be exactly one year from next month's CoroCoro, interestingly enough) it didn't take up all the spotlight (though it was the main focus). Since it's not a new thing and since plenty of Megas have already been revealed, it's likely there'll be information on other aspects of the games. On a more subjective note, I really hope it isn't just about Megas (unless it touched on Primal Reversion too); that'd be lame :<

Years
    It's one month ahead because it comes from the future *o*

Even when Mega Evolution was first revealed in CoroCoro (which would be exactly one year from next month's CoroCoro, interestingly enough) it didn't take up all the spotlight (though it was the main focus). Since it's not a new thing and since plenty of Megas have already been revealed, it's likely there'll be information on other aspects of the games. On a more subjective note, I really hope it isn't just about Megas (unless it touched on Primal Reversion too); that'd be lame :<

They promised more on Pikachu's costumes and hinted at contests in addition to mentioning the scoop so we may get quite a chubby corocoro next month. Even better it's release is on the 12th so it may leak anywhere from the 8-10th of next month :3

Years
    Actually, I would like to see more information on Primal Reversion soon. I'm sure they'll go into detail in the main storyline, but wouldn't hurt to explain the gist of it in leaks months prior to November. We know little to nothing, except for what it is in relation to Groudon and Kyogre. Will there be more Pokemon that can undergo Primal Reversion? How many? Things like that I'd like to see answered.

Years
    Actually, I would like to see more information on Primal Reversion soon. I'm sure they'll go into detail in the main storyline, but wouldn't hurt to explain the gist of it in leaks months prior to November. We know little to nothing, except for what it is in relation to Groudon and Kyogre. Will there be more Pokemon that can undergo Primal Reversion? How many? Things like that I'd like to see answered.

I think they'll probably go into it as much as they did with Megas pre-release, which wasn't much tbh (not like the plot in games was much either...). I do want to know if there's more, that much they could tell us, even if they just say there's more but don't tell us which ones will be enough for me.

Years
    Agreeing @ wanting to know if there'll be more Primal Reversions. Even if it's just Rayquaza that also gets one (don't see why it wouldn't since it's the trio master) it'd be nice to have some info./artwork.

Agreed. Plus it's as ancient and as powerful (if not more) as they are, being a Super Ancient Pokemon (which happens to be their canon name as a group in the games actually) that stopped them years ago. If it doesn't get one I'm taking it as a hint to Delta Emerald tbh.

Years
    If primal reversion does happen with other pokemon and not just the legends, my vote goes to Relicanth. He is a relic of the past and also, for that matter, maybe some of the fossil pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It sucks that primal-reversion forms get much change appearance-wise, though. Would have been great if they did, and in general, I'm sure casual fans would've been more invested! I know these things are too early to judge, but from all info that we have so far, this is how it seems.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    If primal reversion does happen with other pokemon and not just the legends, my vote goes to Relicanth. He is a relic of the past and also, for that matter, maybe some of the fossil pokemon.
    Interesting thought, though I figure that because the regenerated fossils are Pokémon that are already "ancient", their formes are considered to be fairly primal as it is. Relicanth is an interesting idea though, however unless he gets a good power boost (currently he's really weak) it'd be purely aesthetic.

For some reason I find it tough to imagine other Pokémon in their "primal" state. Naturally I expect Rayquaza to get the same treatment, but it suits these trio. Mew, being an ancient Pokémon also could be a potential candidate, but I can't see much happening with Mew visually. That said, when I think of Mew, and Primal Reversion it brings me back to Pokémon: The Movie when they gave out the special promotional cards:

Spoiler:

Years
    Interesting thought, though I figure that because the regenerated fossils are Pokémon that are already "ancient", their formes are considered to be fairly primal as it is. Relicanth is an interesting idea though, however unless he gets a good power boost (currently he's really weak) it'd be purely aesthetic.

For some reason I find it tough to imagine other Pokémon in their "primal" state. Naturally I expect Rayquaza to get the same treatment, but it suits these trio. Mew, being an ancient Pokémon also could be a potential candidate, but I can't see much happening with Mew visually. That said, when I think of Mew, and Primal Reversion it brings me back to Pokémon: The Movie when they gave out the special promotional cards:

Spoiler:

They could say something about the revival process not bringing out their true power or something along those lines and that is where a new primal form could come in.

I hadn't thought about mew but after your post, that's all I can think of now, XD. That would also be a great reason to give us a much needed new mew event.

speaking of that, anyone expect anything dealing with Jirachi now that there is going to be a shiny event in Japan. He may just actually play a small role in the game, at least I hope.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I am actually okay with not learning anything else on Primal Reversion forms until I actually get the game. It would be a nice surprise to find out while playing :) All I really want right now, though, is for those dressed up Pikachus to be explained!

I hope that the rest of Japan and the world get access to the Jirachi, though. I mean, just distributing it to one region in one country? I know that the idea of Jirachi came from the Japanese holiday Tanabata, but that doesn't mean that only Japan should get it! D:

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    From the new trailer, it seems that the Elite Four might be sticking with the original strict order, unlike Gen V.

And the new gyms... Great to see them stick with the originals with awesome new art styles. Except Brawly, which I don't really know what's going on.

Last edited:
    Years
    From the new trailer, it seems that the Elite Four might be sticking with the original strict order, unlike Gen V.

And the new gyms...

I pretty much expected they'd keep the order that was in the original games, but it was definitely the pics of Sidney and Phoebe in-game that confirmed it. Looks like people who enjoyed the challenging aspect of the old Elite Four order system are happy now.

The Gyms look really nice too, and I love how badass they've become now. Roxanne, Norman, Flannery and Brawly definitely are my fave redesigns. Wattson looks a bit odd but he'll grow on me.

I really love the names they gave to the Pikachu cosplays as well. Pikachu Ph.D has to be the coolest looking one of the bunch name-wise, but the designs all look pretty awesome while still retaining Pikachu's signature "badass adorable" image.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back