• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Confirmed Information Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    After looking at the pre-releawe screenshots put up today on serebii, I'm guessing we will get megas for Zangoose, Seviper, and Dusknoir.

Mega metagross looks even more badass after seeing footage and I like the stat increases.

Years
    Since I already posted in the Contest thread and don't want to double post, I'll ask here. Do you think this dance thing and Pokemon cosplay will replace contest? I really liked the original contest ;-;

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    After looking at the pre-releawe screenshots put up today on serebii, I'm guessing we will get megas for Zangoose, Seviper, and Dusknoir.

Mega metagross looks even more badass after seeing footage and I like the stat increases.
    Do you assume that because they appear in screen shots for this week? It's not much of a clue if so. I think they might get them though.

Yay, I got the stats they'll boost for it right :3
    I think that the dance thing is part of the new contests, as is cosplay, but we'll still have the move portion from the originals to keep it similar, yet fresh at the same time.

Years
    The clothing could also provide a boost in the Pokemon's contest stats, much like the scarves did.

I stated how curious I was regarding Mega Diancie's stats in the Mega thread, so here I'll state how curious I am about Mega Metagross's XD This is Metagross's stats:

80 / 135 / 130 / 95 / 90 / 70

Since it gets a boost in everything (except HP), maybe it could be one of these:

80 / 145 / 140 / 115 / 110 / 100

-or-

80 / 145 / 140 / 105 / 120 / 100

-or-

80 / 145 / 140 / 105 / 110 / 110

Can't imagine its Attack and Defense being raised much since they're already pretty good; I feel like its Speed and Special Defense may get the biggest boosts since they're its lowest stats (excluding HP), but they might want to raise its Special Attack more as well.

Years
    The clothing could also provide a boost in the Pokemon's contest stats, much like the scarves did.

I stated how curious I was regarding Mega Diancie's stats in the Mega thread, so here I'll state how curious I am about Mega Metagross's XD This is Metagross's stats:

80 / 135 / 130 / 95 / 90 / 70

Since it gets a boost in everything (except HP), maybe it could be one of these:

80 / 145 / 140 / 115 / 110 / 100

-or-

80 / 145 / 140 / 105 / 120 / 100

-or-

80 / 145 / 140 / 105 / 110 / 110

Can't imagine its Attack and Defense being raised much since they're already pretty good; I feel like its Speed and Special Defense may get the biggest boosts since they're its lowest stats (excluding HP), but they might want to raise its Special Attack more as well.
    They mentioned it becoming well balanced so maybe something like the first on you mentioned they will go with.

Years
    Well, the Pokemon official ORAS website already confirmed that Mega Metagross would have its Attack, Defense, Special Attack, and Special Defense increased, so it'll probably be a very balanced spread. Also, a quick note - Tough Claws is a great ability for Metagross, making him even more scary than before. Excited to try him out in the competitive scene 8)

Years
    It's too bad Mega Metagross can't learn any Special contact moves; makes Tough Claws useless in that regard. Still, imagine a STAB, Tough Claws boosted Meteor Mash. If my calculations are correct, it'd go from 90 base power to 180 BP (179 if rounded down). Combine that with MegaGross's Attack, and you have a force to be reckoned with.

EDIT: OK it can learn Grass Knot. At least it has that XD

Last edited:

Years
    Well, the Pokemon official ORAS website already confirmed that Mega Metagross would have its Attack, Defense, Special Attack, and Special Defense increased, so it'll probably be a very balanced spread. Also, a quick note - Tough Claws is a great ability for Metagross, making him even more scary than before. Excited to try him out in the competitive scene 8)
    Let's see, the contacts moves it can learn are Facade, Aerial ace, Bullet Punch, Meteor Mash, Metal Claw, Hammer Arm, Gyro Ball, Grass Knot, and Zen Headbutt amongst others. With boosted Hammer arm it can destroy Dark types (though it does lose speed...). With Grass Knot it can destroy Ground types. Gah, I didn't even know it could learn Grass Knot...

Years
    Metagross already has quite the impressive base Attack stat at 135. Combine that with a buff as it Mega evolves, and Tough Claws; Meteor Mash, Bullet Punch, Zen Headbutt - they'll all hit like a truck. Not like they didn't before, but even more so, haha. I'm curious to see how much of an upgrade its Speed gets, because that could be an important factor regarding its competitive relevance.

Years
    Metagross already has quite the impressive base Attack stat at 135. Combine that with a buff as it Mega evolves, and Tough Claws; Meteor Mash, Bullet Punch, Zen Headbutt - they'll all hit like a truck. Not like they didn't before, but even more so, haha. I'm curious to see how much of an upgrade its Speed gets, because that could be an important factor regarding its competitive relevance.
    They say it get's a large boost in speed so it's bound to be hefty, maybe a boost of 40 even.

Years
    Unless MegaGross's Attack goes over 150, Bullet Punch won't be as strong as Mega Scizor's, but it'd still be really, really good. Most priority attacks are pretty good--even Quick Attack, if used by Mega Pinsir.

On that note, I wonder if Steven's Metagross's movepool will change. It has Meteor Mash/Psychic/Hyper Beam/Earthquake in RS; can see it keeping MM and EQ while Psychic gets replaced by Zen Headbutt. Dunno about Hyper Beam, though since it gets Hammer Arm via level up it might get that. Giving it Hammer Arm would also be handy for people having a difficult time against it, as they'll be more likely to outspeed it the more its Speed drops.

Years
    Unless MegaGross's Attack goes over 150, Bullet Punch won't be as strong as Mega Scizor's, but it'd still be really, really good. Most priority attacks are pretty good--even Quick Attack, if used by Mega Pinsir.

On that note, I wonder if Steven's Metagross's movepool will change. It has Meteor Mash/Psychic/Hyper Beam/Earthquake in RS; can see it keeping MM and EQ while Psychic gets replaced by Zen Headbutt. Dunno about Hyper Beam, though since it gets Hammer Arm via level up it might get that. Giving it Hammer Arm would also be handy for people having a difficult time against it, as they'll be more likely to outspeed it the more its Speed drops.
    I see it having the moves you're mentioning. Or maybe it'll get Meteor Mash, Zen Headbutt, Agility, and Hammer Arm...

Years
    Do you assume that because they appear in screen shots for this week? It's not much of a clue if so. I think they might get them though.

Yay, I got the stats they'll boost for it right :3
    I think that the dance thing is part of the new contests, as is cosplay, but we'll still have the move portion from the originals to keep it similar, yet fresh at the same time.

lol it was better than some of reasons I have seen people give for their theories. I think they showed those random 'mons to get people excited for them and their eventual megas. It sure made me want those two now. Especially seviper. I used to raise snakes so I have a kinship with snake pokemon.

Years
    I was pretty much expecting they'd retain Zangoose and Seviper's version exclusivity from the originals. I think the same will be true for the other exclusives in the originals, those that were Ruby exclusive will be found in Omega Ruby and the Sapphire exclusives obviously being in Alpha Sapphire.

I know I'll be getting both versions most likely, but my main is looking likely to be Alpha Sapphire (to contrast with Ruby being the one I played of the original pair) because I liked Sapphire's exclusives better, and I also want to try out Mega Sableye as I already used Mega Mawile in X/Y.

Years
    So I assume that Lunatone and Solrock will be version exclusives for Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby respectively?

That will most definitely be the case. Same goes for Sableye and Lotad line in AS and Mawile and Seedot line in OR respectively. Maybe they might also keep Latios in OR and Latias in AS, because in the originals they were in the version the opposite color of themselves.

The Shuppet and Duskull lines were able to be encountered in both versions, but depending on the game, one of the duo also appeared on Routes 121 and 123 as opposed to just Mt. Pyre. In Ruby's case, the common one was Duskull while it was Shuppet in Sapphire. The one that wasn't common in the version in question could only be found at Mt. Pyre. Funnily enough Mt. Pyre was the very location I caught my shiny Duskull when I was playing the original Ruby.

Maybe they might keep that as well, with the two Ghost lines there.

blue

gucci
    Years
    True. It will be also interesting to see the newer Pokémon exclusives, I can imagine they would include Pokémon from different regions in certain games i.e Starly in OR and Pidove in AS.

Years
    True. It will be also interesting to see the newer Pokémon exclusives, I can imagine they would include Pokémon from different regions in certain games i.e Starly in OR and Pidove in AS.

Going by what we've seen in a few recent games, I'm sure they might pull off some newer Pokemon being exclusive if they have like stat or appearance similarities which tends to be common with exclusivity.

Oh, and on an off-topic note, let's congratulate Troy aka Pepperton as the first official mod of this very section!

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    I'm still honestly unsure how I feel about Metagross' mega form.

I like that it kinda floats in mid-air with it's arms facing forward but I was actually hoping it's mega would end up being the combination of two Metagross. Because ya know, the combination of two Beldum, the combination of two Metang, that sort of pattern. :3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back