• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Confirmed Information Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • "The text is small, but we're working on translating. It appears that it's Mega Evolution remains Steel/Psychic, with Tough Claws. Although it is hard to make out, attack or speed seem to be the stat that has a significant increase in when mega evolving.Steven retains his title of champion."

Looking most likely that the ability is in fact Tough Claws.

Oh, that's good to hear! tbh, I'd rather it have the Speed boost than decrease for aforementioned reasons (i.e., faster Pokemon could launch super effective attacks against it). I hope its Special Attack doesn't get much of an increase, or doesn't increase at all. I always found it odd how some of the Megas experienced increases in an attacking stat that wouldn't've helped them much. (For example, Mega Charizard X gains +21 in its base Special Attack, despite it not being able to learn any of the Special moves that make contact.) I mean, I guess it might be to prevent the Pokemon from becoming too overpowered, but still.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Oh, that's good to hear! tbh, I'd rather it have the Speed boost than decrease for aforementioned reasons (i.e., faster Pokemon could launch super effective attacks against it). I hope its Special Attack doesn't get much of an increase, or doesn't increase at all. I always found it odd how some of the Megas experienced increases in an attacking stat that wouldn't've helped them much. (For example, Mega Charizard X gains +21 in its base Special Attack, despite it not being able to learn any of the Special moves that make contact.) I mean, I guess it might be to prevent the Pokemon from becoming too overpowered, but still.

I guess since Metagross can learn Zen Headbutt it has psychic moves it can use with boosted attack, meaning it won't have to rely on Psychic to get Psychic STAB. If it does get Tough Claws Zen Headbutt would be even better. Maybe they can boost it's speed the most out of all it's stats :3

Years
  • At first I was confused by the angle of it's arms being everywhere. At first I thought they had detached and were floating around it. I now know what GF meant when they said they didn't want to give Hydreigon 8 heads, they would probably have been as confusing as Mega Metagross' arms.

Years
  • It'll probably still be possible to fight Steven without one, just that it might be more difficult since it's part Steel and can thus resist a lot of types. Also, it was sort of implied that Mega Evolution wouldn't be a post-game thing since Steven is investigating it and Maxie and Archie have Key Stones on their persons.

Years
  • It'll probably still be possible to fight Steven without one, just that it might be more difficult since it's part Steel and can thus resist a lot of types. Also, it was sort of implied that Mega Evolution wouldn't be a post-game thing since Steven is investigating it and Maxie and Archie have Key Stones on their persons.

I would like to know how we get our starter's Mega stones. I hope that no one gives us a Mega just like that, like how Korrina did...I feel better raising my own Riolu and evolving it to Lucario (I did this actually).

Years
  • I would assume Steven would distribute it to you; could also see Professor Birch or his kid doing it much like Prof. Sycamore gave you the Mega Stone that went with the Kanto starter you picked. And then maybe the other Mega Stones would be purchasable. I do agree that I wouldn't want a fully evolved Pokemon + its Mega Stone just handed to me; it's a lot more fun raising the Pokemon yourself! Plus, it sort of goes against the whole "Mega Evolution cannot be achieved if there is not a strong bond between Trainer and Pokemon" (c/p'ed from Bulbapedia) thing. Given, the "bond" aspect of Mega Evolution seems to be practically nonexistent...

Years
  • I would assume Steven would distribute it to you; could also see Professor Birch or his kid doing it much like Prof. Sycamore gave you the Mega Stone that went with the Kanto starter you picked. And then maybe the other Mega Stones would be purchasable. I do agree that I wouldn't want a fully evolved Pokemon + its Mega Stone just handed to me; it's a lot more fun raising the Pokemon yourself! Plus, it sort of goes against the whole "Mega Evolution cannot be achieved if there is not a strong bond between Trainer and Pokemon" (c/p'ed from Bulbapedia) thing. Given, the "bond" aspect of Mega Evolution seems to be practically nonexistent...

Yeah, I can see the opposite sex rival (still calling them rival here) giving it to us at the request of their father. What if we actually don't get it...until after our Lilicove battle?
    I hope we can buy the other two Mega stones at the lilicove department store.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    As far as Metagross mega-stone goes, I think it'd be pretty unique if Steven would hand one over to you after defeating him in Pokémon League (that is, if he's Champion). You never get rewarded for defeating Champions, aside from being added into Hall of Fame, and if they switch it up this time around, I'd love it.

Years
  • Steven does sort of reward you by giving you a Beldum (well, you have to go fetch it at his house), though I suppose that doesn't really count XD I bet it'll be holding a Metagrossite/whatever it's called, too.

Years
  • As far as Metagross mega-stone goes, I think it'd be pretty unique if Steven would hand one over to you after defeating him in Pokémon League (that is, if he's Champion). You never get rewarded for defeating Champions, aside from being added into Hall of Fame, and if they switch it up this time around, I'd love it.

I can see that happening. Also I think it's now confirmed that he is the champion. That or the Beldum at his house will come with Metagrosite (or however it's called) on it. If so maybe we'll have a Mega Metagross versus Mega Metagross. But I would prefer we get it post game like with Gardevoirite.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • I think it's fairly obvious at this point that even if he is not the champion (and he is, btw), he will give you a beldum with a metagrossite held after the Elite Four.

Years
  • Yeah, either that or he will give you a Metagrossite after defeating him at Meteor Falls as a reward? Idk, but I wonder what happens to Juan!

I wonder if he will return to Meteor Falls, though. Now that he's Champion again, I assume he'll probably stay in the Pokemon League. If anything, he might have a rematch team. Still, I think it's more likely the Metagrossite will come with the Beldum you receive from him.

re: Juan, maybe he'll compete against you in Master rank contests? One of the few things I liked about DPPt's Super Contests was that you could go against Gym Leaders/your mom/a Pokemon Center nurse, so it'd be cool if you could compete against notable figures in contests in ORAS, too!

Years
  • I wonder if he will return to Meteor Falls, though. Now that he's Champion again, I assume he'll probably stay in the Pokemon League. If anything, he might have a rematch team. Still, I think it's more likely the Metagrossite will come with the Beldum you receive from him.

re: Juan, maybe he'll compete against you in Master rank contests? One of the few things I liked about DPPt's Super Contests was that you could go against Gym Leaders/your mom/a Pokemon Center nurse, so it'd be cool if you could compete against notable figures in contests in ORAS, too!

Which reminds me, some thought during Gen III that Whitney, Percy, and Jasmine were amongst the audience of the contests in RSE, so maybe they'll show up in the clearer graphics. I would actually like Jasmine to partake in one of the contests instead of just be spectator.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I wonder if he will return to Meteor Falls, though. Now that he's Champion again, I assume he'll probably stay in the Pokemon League. If anything, he might have a rematch team. Still, I think it's more likely the Metagrossite will come with the Beldum you receive from him.

My mistake, I was convinced that you battled Steven in both RS & E. You're probably right then.

Years
  • I personally can't see Juan in Meteor Falls. It just doesn't seem like the sort of place he'd hang out in XD I can see Aarune being there, though, especially if you can battle him more than once o:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Y'know who else played an important role in the game but was only added in Emerald, Scott. I wonder if he'll be included in the games, surely if the Battle Frontier returns then he will be too?

Years
  • I personally can't see Juan in Meteor Falls. It just doesn't seem like the sort of place he'd hang out in XD I can see Aarune being there, though, especially if you can battle him more than once o:

I can, it's a waterfall, and he's a water gym leader. He might've gone sight seeing.

I hope Scott appears again, so that will confirm the Battle Frontier by Proxy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back