• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Corocoro (release for July) and E3 Speculation and Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I think Masuda was referring only to XY when he said that, rather than the generation as a whole.
    I also think that it's only a demonstration. Maybe he'll show off other Megas other than Charizard X to the player, maybe to show us the variety of his stone collection.

May could get a Seiyuu replacement and she'll reappear in the anime. Maybe the voice actor of Ranka...I mean Melotta will provide her voice...

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    but why is nobody talking about the return of the mach and acro bikes

This was disappointing, actually. It was annoying to return to the shop every time you wanted to switch bikes. The gear system in the Sinnoh games was much better.

It's possible they'll create some maneouvers for the Acro Bike for use with the Circle Pad, though.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    This was disappointing, actually. It was annoying to return to the shop every time you wanted to switch bikes. The gear system in the Sinnoh games was much better.

It's possible they'll create some maneouvers for the Acro Bike for use with the Circle Pad, though.
    see, I don't mind it at all. Kind of keeps the terrain puzzle elements alive; if you could just switch bikes whenever that'd take all the fun out of it. Though tbh thy could have just done a gear-shifting bike and put a variety of moves on Acro and made new overworld puzzles but whatever.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    see, I don't mind it at all. Kind of keeps the terrain puzzle elements alive; if you could just switch bikes whenever that'd take all the fun out of it. Though tbh thy could have just done a gear-shifting bike and put a variety of moves on Acro and made new overworld puzzles but whatever.

If they had merged them together, they could have created more interesting puzzles involving both Acro and Mach features, instead of the player having to go back and forth to switch bikes and hope they remember where they left off when they return to the route. Switching is more of a tedious process than an actual "challenge," and it interrupts exploration rather than encouraging it.

Still, it's at least nice that they got this info out of the way. Hopefully each new reveal comes with small bits of info like this so we have an idea of those smaller features that will be returning.

Years
    They could easily make it an option in the bag to switch between Acro and Mach bike, therefore making it more like an add-on mechanic than an entirely separate bike. That would at least eliminate the tedious aspect of the feature, which I think is the main drawback. Otherwise, I like having extra obstacles during my journey, the routes can get extremely repetitive.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
    I have a theory, on the leak, the Mega-Charizard was shown in a grassy field background, not even suitable for a champion battle position. AND the screenshot of Steven, was in the fields. Im guessing, either Steven isnt champion, or you rebattle him postgame, since I doubt that you would battle him pre-Elite 4. He may very well have a steel mega during Elite 4. But not on the rematch, since he will have Mega Charizard X

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
    Mega Sceptile is 1/2Dragon, and that settles my starter choice right there. Mega Swampert... steroids. Love it buddy.

AND
    ANCIENT DEVOLUTION
    PRIMAL LEGENDARIES
    ALL OF MY YES

AND THE TEAM MAGMA & AQUA REDESIGNS AHHHHHH
    ARCHIE THO
    AAAAAHHHH

i seriously need help ;-;

DJTiki

Years
    Mega Sceptile is 1/2Dragon, and that settles my starter choice right there. Mega Swampert... steroids. Love it buddy.

AND
    ANCIENT DEVOLUTION
    PRIMAL LEGENDARIES
    ALL OF MY YES

AND THE TEAM MAGMA & AQUA REDESIGNS AHHHHHH
    ARCHIE THO
    AAAAAHHHH

i seriously need help ;-;

DO U KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS

SCEPTILE, SUPER SPEEDY, ATTACKING POWER. WHAT MOVE PUTS YOUR SPEED TO 1/4, THUNDER WAVE, AND WHAT ABILITY DOES HE HAVE, LIGHTNINGROD

NOW SCEPTILE IS IMMUNE TO ELECTRIC, MEANING HE IS PERFECT COUNTER FOR MEGA MANECTRIC.

THIS IS SO GREAT

Years
    Darn.. They turned my favorite badass team admin into a fat weirdo dude :(
    Tabitha used my favorite pokemon, looked badass both in-game and in the anime! And in the anime he's one of the rare bad guy not to have had his pokemon faint to Ash's or to a bad plot device, yet he fought with the protagonists and the team rocket trio..
    Oh well.. At least they did good with Courtney I guess.. :*(

And now Archie wears tights, and looks less classy/vilainous than he used to.. I'm not sure about Shelly either..

And I really don't see why the trainer re-design was necessary.. They look anorexic now.. Nice message to send young people.. And honestly, May's and Brendan's clothes were some of my favorite protagonist clothing in the Pokemon series.. But, not anymore I guess.. :(

And after laughing at Mega-Swampert at first, I'm kinda ok with it. Mega-Septile looks good in my book, they got rid of the huge tail thing that annoyed me on Sceptile ! :)

Also, seriously, who ordered a Mega-Diancie ? Can we send it back for a refund, or another more deserved mega evo ? >:(

And Steven kinda reminds me of looker in-game for some reasons.. But besides that, I guess I'm ok with what they did.. Well.. besides him having a charizard X and all... :/

I got a bad feeling now about what they'll reveal at E3.. I hope they won't get too much of my hopes up.. :/

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    Maxie and Archie's redesigns LITERALLY give me life. Maxie looks chill and Archie's so badass I can't stand it

Shelly and Matt are awk tho

Years
    Archie looks perfect, and Maxie'd redesign is great too. They did a wonderful job with the evil organizations concept, so I hope they follow that up with a bigger role in the story in ORAS. Back in the old Hoenn, both Magma and Aqua had a lot of presence in the games, but their personalities weren't as developed as newer teams like Plasma and Flare have.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    DO U KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS

SCEPTILE, SUPER SPEEDY, ATTACKING POWER. WHAT MOVE PUTS YOUR SPEED TO 1/4, THUNDER WAVE, AND WHAT ABILITY DOES HE HAVE, LIGHTNINGROD

NOW SCEPTILE IS IMMUNE TO ELECTRIC, MEANING HE IS PERFECT COUNTER FOR MEGA MANECTRIC.

THIS IS SO GREAT

Lightningrod is pointless since Grass/Dragon is quadruple resistant to Electric.

Well, there's the T-Wave immunity, I guess. And it's immune to Stun Spore, too.

Years
    @ Pepperton or Cyrus (Galactic). N, Ghetsis, and Lysander all had personalities and we were told what they wanted and why. We know what Maxie and Archie want and why, but there seems to be no personal connection there. Maybe Maxie saw that the world was running out of land due to overpopulation, while Archie could've thought that they needed more water to...his makes less sense other than for the Pokémon seeing how it doesn't benefit both Humans and Pokémon like Magma's plot. If only it were Fresh water and not the sea that was expanding...

DJTiki

Years
    Lightningrod is pointless since Grass/Dragon is quadruple resistant to Electric.

Well, there's the T-Wave immunity, I guess. And it's immune to Stun Spore, too.

Exactly, so it has an upper hand on most Grass and Electric pokes, he's basically immune to Grass, and even has an immunity to Electric.

Also if im correct, Lightningrod draws all electric moves, paring it with water and flying pokemon in double/triple battles, would be amazing. Since, water and flying Pokemon, loses a weakness, plus flying Pokemon takes out potential Grass threats. Also water resist ice. Flying takes out bug. Sceptile learns earthquake, so bye bye poison and steel. Its only real problem would be fairy and dragon.

Sceptile, dominater of teamwork.

DXGhost

Dark Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2015
    Alright, so my take on the whole new stuff, i'm loving that there's actually something different than Mega Evolution going on with Kyogre and Groudon, even if they activate the same way for all I know, and about time the fit in Mega Sceptile and Swampert, which the typings are exactly as I imagined it, but looks and abilities not so much, but not complaining. Mega Swampert is JACKED, I'm glad i'm picking Mudkip to start.
    Mega Diancie was a bit of a surprise, was hardly expecting a 6th Gen Mega so soon, but may be a one shot, unless there are more to come....
    Mega Charizard X and Steven doesn't concern me at all. Does anyone remember the little demo they had for Pokemon X and Y where you got to go up a route, battle trainers and a rival, then Sycamore gives you a Mewtwo to demonstrate Mega Evolution? Honestly thats what i think its about, its like he's lecturing you about Mega Evolution, and then gives you or battles you with Mega Charizard X. Steven's most likely gonna get his well deserved Mega Metagross, or at least use Mega Aggron, but doubt that the Megas revealed are the only Megas...
    As for redesigns, not awfully concerned with them, May looks meh but I usually pick Brendan anyway. Magma looks not too bad, don't mind the chubby admin, and Aqua looks pretty boss, Archie could be better but will just be enjoying pulverizing him in Sapphire :D Can't wait for E3 to see more, or at least this stuff in action at the very least

Years
    I hope they show off a few more Megas at E3. Maybe GF will release Corocoro leak and decide to add a Mega that isn't in it to surprise us like if one of the starters has a second Mega, or maybe Mega Johto starters. Or maybe they planned to not have the same info this time around and have something else to show without them needing to change anything.

I hope we get a trailer. We have yet to hear the music :3.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    You guys think Mega Swampert will have to run Rain Dance in its moveset to put its new ability into good use? Seeing that it's a bulky Pokémon with only one weakness, it could pull it off, but because of this, Sceptile will always still be the worst of the Hoenn starters.

May could get a Seiyuu replacement and she'll reappear in the anime. Maybe the voice actor of Ranka...I mean Melotta will provide her voice...
    That's the problem; unlike other countries, Japan doesn't replace Seiyuus, because they find it dishonorable to an individual character's legacy.

Monophobia

Already Dead
    Years
    I was honestly hoping for a retro look to the game...kinda sad that it seems they've just copied the X and Y look... Makes me less excited for the game. Also I still hate Mega Evolution...

Whatever, I suppose. This might be the first time I skip out on a Pok
    émon game. *pouts and goes back to playing Emerald*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back