• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Corocoro (release for July) and E3 Speculation and Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
    My thoughts on the mega starters:
    Sceptile- good ability, awesome design
    Swampert- awesome abitity, awesome design(this is how I imagined mega swampert would look :p

The new designs for Team Aqua, not so much Team Magma(they give me Team Flare vibes and I despised Team Flare, just not Lysandre, maybe its the red and Maxie), llloooks soo freaking awesome that I want go to GF amd give there design team a big hug.

Steven, in my theory, will either have a Charizard X as tutorial purposes, OR, you can battle him postgame, and he will have a Charizard X.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    Hoping for HUGE Defense and Attack buff on Mega Swampert for competitive purposes. It's already got monster defense, and I doubt Special Defense or Speed would get a boost, given its shape and size. As for Mega Sceptile... anything will be amazing since it's already really fast and decent offensively.

btw can I just say that Matt and Tabitha are pretty whack looking? I loved Tabitha before but he was kind of screwed up for me. :(

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I think they'll boost it's speed by at least 10. It's special defense will probably go up by the 20, and 10 to special attack, 30 will be given to attack, and the other 40 to defense.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I hope they leave Swampert's speed untouched, simply because its only boosting move is Curse so if they boost its speed it would have to sacrifice boosting unless it gets some great Attack. :3

Years
    I hope they leave Swampert's speed untouched, simply because its only boosting move is Curse so if they boost its speed it would have to sacrifice boosting unless it gets some great Attack. :3

But Curse makes it slower, not faster. Also one could still use Curse if the want to, don't see how it'll sacrifice boosting...

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    The whole idea of Swift Swim kind of ruins the "sacrifice speed for strength" idea, which I think is a shame. I think giving a boost to Speed when it Mega Evolves would be a waste, but again it's kind of necessary to even make Swift Swim worthwhile. I also kind of hope they focus on its physical attack and not special...I don't want what happened to Mega Gardevoir to happen to Mega Swampert, especially since it's already fairly iffy as it is.

Years
    The whole idea of Swift Swim kind of ruins the "sacrifice speed for strength" idea, which I think is a shame. I think giving a boost to Speed when it Mega Evolves would be a waste, but again it's kind of necessary to even make Swift Swim worthwhile. I also kind of hope they focus on its physical attack and not special...I don't want what happened to Mega Gardevoir to happen to Mega Swampert, especially since it's already fairly iffy as it is.

In that case it'll be better if it were like MegaAlakazam but Attack being boosted instead of Special Attack, and 100 bs points in total being added to it's BST instead of the 90 MegaAlakazam got.

DJTiki

Years
    In that case, Mega Swamperts wont be carrying curse. And we will probably only see it on rain teams anyways. But a nice attack boost and defense boost is the most likely option. They may lower its speed though, which will not benefit Swift Swim at all.

Years
    In that case, Mega Swamperts wont be carrying curse. And we will probably only see it on rain teams anyways. But a nice attack boost and defense boost is the most likely option. They may lower its speed though, which will not benefit Swift Swim at all.

They may also raise it like they did with Mawile's attack. I feel like Mega Swampert's sleek body could symbolize speed. Imagine it on all fours with it's head looking forward, it'll be like a round car which tend to be faster than chunky, boxy cars.

Years
    Maybe, since they mention that de-evolution regresses evolution, it lowers base stats, though makes the ability different. Maybe an infinite lasting weather effect for Groudon and Kyogre. Would link to why they nerfed the duo's ability. And that would be amazing if they made Primal Archeops.

Years
    Maybe, since they mention that de-evolution regresses evolution, it lowers base stats, though makes the ability different. Maybe an infinite lasting weather effect for Groudon and Kyogre. Would link to why they nerfed the duo's ability. And that would be amazing if they made Primal Archeops.

Well Corocoro implies that their Primal forms were stronger than their current forms, so one would imagine its stats going up. An example of animals becoming weaker upon evolving is...well we're one. Our ancestors are believed to have been stronger than we are.

If they made a Primal Archeops it may lose it's flying type considering that the only thing before one of the first flying dinosaurs is...well feathered dinosaurs that are merely jumping. But then again Dodrio is based on a flightless bird yet can fly...
    If they made a Primal Genosect it'll probably be weaker as Plasma is said to have made it stronger.

DJTiki

Years
    Speaking of which, did anyone see the screenshots of Primal Kyorge and Groudon. I believe they are shown using a signature move, since Eruption is way different from what Groudon is doing. And Kyorge's is kind of hard to make out, im guessing its a new Surf variant, maybe Tsunami. I mean Groudon is surrounded by rocky pillars and is standing on lava, THATS INTENSE

Years
    Mega septile can now check Rotom-W thanks to lightning rod meaning competitively rotom's will be having hp ice from now on.

Also it looks like Swampert can now lift for realz and looks badass in its mega form. Swift swim is a great ability and will be a good pokemon to use in a rain team.

Remember this game is a remake.Not some sort of re-release of the old games :V

HG/SS and FR/LF were remakes as well btw, and didn't change all that much ! :V

Though, giving mega swampert swift swim is kinda odd given the overall fall out of favor of weather teams..

btw can I just say that Matt and Tabitha are pretty whack looking? I loved Tabitha before but he was kind of screwed up for me. :(
    Ikr.. :/

I'm kinda scared of seeing professor Birch, now.. And they better not mess up Wattson's look >:(

Years
    Well Corocoro implies that their Primal forms were stronger than their current forms, so one would imagine its stats going up. An example of animals becoming weaker upon evolving is...well we're one. Our ancestors are believed to have been stronger than we are.

If they made a Primal Archeops it may lose it's flying type considering that the only thing before one of the first flying dinosaurs is...well feathered dinosaurs that are merely jumping. But then again Dodrio is based on a flightless bird yet can fly...
    If they made a Primal Genosect it'll probably be weaker as Plasma is said to have made it stronger.

Well, they refer to "Ancient De-Evolution" as regressing.

Years
    Speaking of which, did anyone see the screenshots of Primal Kyorge and Groudon. I believe they are shown using a signature move, since Eruption is way different from what Groudon is doing. And Kyorge's is kind of hard to make out, im guessing its a new Surf variant, maybe Tsunami. I mean Groudon is surrounded by rocky pillars and is standing on lava, THATS INTENSE

I think those moves might've been Fire Blast and Hydro Pump.

It standing on Lava is likely the battle field.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    I'm kinda scared of seeing professor Birch, now.. And they better not mess up Wattson's look >:(

Considering how Brendan and May were updated, I'm doubtful Birch will receive major changes. If he does... then oh well, there's not much to screw up on the man! He can't be made a completely different character, so we'll see.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024

I'm mostly concerned with Brawly, after seeing what happened to Tabitha.
    (I also don't want any of the female Gym Leaders or Elite Four to become over-sexualized, they had perfectly fine designs originally.)

Years
    I'm mostly concerned with Brawly, after seeing what happened to Tabitha.
    (I also don't want any of the female Gym Leaders or Elite Four to become over-sexualized, they had perfectly fine designs originally.)

I think that the trainers that had official artwork for Gen III will not see that radical of a change. Tabitha lacked official artwork similar to the Johto executives and the rest of the admins for Aqua, Magma, and Rocket.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I think that the trainers that had official artwork for Gen III will not see that radical of a change. Tabitha lacked official artwork similar to the Johto executives and the rest of the admins for Aqua, Magma, and Rocket.

He might have lacked official artwork but there had to have been some artwork done to solidify his design before turning it into a sprite. People felt Kris's redesign into Lyra was a radical change, even though Kris had a fair amount of official art. And Sabrina was changed...quite drastically for HGSS. So I don't think having official art really has anything to do with who they decide to change.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back