• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: CoroCoro reveals Rockruff's evolutions & new Ultra Beasts for Sun and Moon!

Years
  • Angie has pretty much clarified this. The form is likely based on time-of-day and not version exclusive, which wouldn't have hurt me much since I am planning to get both versions. CoroCoro were just likely only showing off the inverted time between the games.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Angie has pretty much clarified this. The form is likely based on time-of-day and not version exclusive, which wouldn't have hurt me much since I am planning to get both versions. CoroCoro were just likely only showing off the inverted time between the games.

Plus, most play during the day I'm assuming, so showing them off depending on the version makes some sense. Those with Moon are more likely to get Midnight forme. Those with Sun are more likely to get Midday forme. But, if played at night irl (or changing the 3DS' clock) one can get the other :).

blue

gucci
    Years
  • See, this is where I get confused.
    It seems these are not simple day/night evolutions but are a reflection of the powers that reside in Alola; Solgaleo in Pokémon Sun (Midday form) and Lunaala in Pokémon Moon (Midnight form)

That would insinuate that these forms are version exclusives, but with the reversed time it kinda makes things more confusing.

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
    Years
  • I've made a list of Rock types that would sense for them to learn Accel Rock based on their physical appearance:

Kabutops (can learn Aqua Jet)
    Aerodactyl
    Armaldo (can't remember if it learns Aqua Jet)
    Rapardos (Anime portays it running at decent speed)
    Arcehops
    Terrakion
    Tyrantrum

That's alot of love for fossilmons~ XD
    I don't mind any Rock-type Pokemon gets Accel Rock because it'll benefit them alot more anyways, as Rock-type are mostly slow. I might get bashed for this, but I want a special-based priority move, I hope Accel Rock could be a special-based move and stand on par with Power Gem for Rock-type special-based moves. All priority moves are physical-based, so a tiny twitch is what I seek for ^^

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Idk, I've been trying to find the answer on various different sources buuut there is a lot of confusion surrounding this topic rn. Hopefully, the trailer tomorrow will clear some things up if it happens to showcase Rockruff's evolution.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    What if we get no fossils this time like Gen 2 and Rockruff is actually the fossil pokemon we get.

Years
  • What if we get no fossils this time like Gen 2 and Rockruff is actually the fossil pokemon we get.

Well, Rockruff is based on the extinct Hawaiian Poi dog. Being a fossil Pokemon could be possible but I'm guessing it won't happen and Rockruff will just be an ordinary wild encounter.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I'm still confused about if they are version exclusives or not. When I first read the new scans, I thought they were version exclusives because it says Midday Form was obtained in Sun and Midnight Form was obtained in Moon.

I have noticed that Serebii has been getting a number of things wrong translations wise in the last few months or so, including Lurantis' Japanese name when everything else says it Rarantesu. I don't think we can believe in Serebii's translations as much as we once could.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Fossil Pokemon is actually an interesting point to bring up. It's hard to say whether this gen will bring any new fossils since lately there has been no real pattern when it comes to new fossils. The only thing we've had so far was the animation for Ancient Power, though, that could have just been a generic aesthetic design.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Fossil Pokemon is actually an interesting point to bring up. It's hard to say whether this gen will bring any new fossils since lately there has been no real pattern when it comes to new fossils. The only thing we've had so far was the animation for Ancient Power, though, that could have just been a generic aesthetic design.

I think there will be fossils. We have to get them one way or another in Alola. If they are new fossils, I think they will be water based or flying based. We do not know how long Alola has been around. It is possible that it was around when the continents were together and when they all separated, pokemon got trapped on the islands. And I am sure at one point all the regions were once together.

If not new ones, then it is highly highly possible to get Alolan Kanto Fossils, all in which are water and flying, although I do not think Aerodactly will get one.

And I highly highly doubt Rockruff is the fossil pokemon. Some pokemon are already extinct that we have and they are not fossil pokemon.

Years
  • Man, Rockruff's evolution is awesome, I knew I made right choice. Mightyena and Rugarugan will be perfect duo.

Awooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!!!

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
    Years
  • I think there will be fossils. We have to get them one way or another in Alola. If they are new fossils, I think they will be water based or flying based. We do not know how long Alola has been around. It is possible that it was around when the continents were together and when they all separated, pokemon got trapped on the islands. And I am sure at one point all the regions were once together.

If not new ones, then it is highly highly possible to get Alolan Kanto Fossils, all in which are water and flying, although I do not think Aerodactly will get one.

And I highly highly doubt Rockruff is the fossil pokemon. Some pokemon are already extinct that we have and they are not fossil pokemon.

Minior is already Rock/Flying so I don't think there'll be 2 new Pokemon with same dual-typing that often, Minior can't be a fossil... right? XD Jangmo-o sure looks like a fossilmon for me before it is revealed to be a pure dragon type.

Do you think the new fossilmons will have any unique typing? I was hoping for a Rock/Poison typing (1 earthquake and it's gone unless it has Levitate)

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I love Rockruff's Night Form! It is like a werewolf. It's awesome *__* I really like the Day Form too, but it doesn't entrance me as much because I love creatures of the night.

As for the Ultra Beast... Is it me, or does the one female-looking Ultra Beast kind of look like Lusamine? O.o

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I like Rugarugan's midnight form; it's a good thing I preordered Moon. The midday form looks just as good, though.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I like Rugarugan's midnight form; it's a good thing I preordered Moon. The midday form looks just as good, though.

Are you hoping that its midnight form also learns Accel Rock like its midday form? And since you're an expert on competitive battles, will the move itself create any large shake ups to the metagame like hindering Talonflame's usage?

Back