• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Critical Hit! ~ The Fire Emblem *Universe* Club

Years
THIS IS A THING??!!!
Sign me up!!!!

Username: Draskk
What's your preferred class?: Pegasus Knight
Who is your favourite character? Chrom

I have played awakening and a little bit of sacred stones

And i am super hyped for a new game although I wonder how many lookalikes nintendo can cram into it?

Last edited:
Years
So Fire Emblem Fates Birthright & Conquest are the names?
Could they make the Nohr side sound any more evil/bad?
I'm still really hoping that they're not so black and white about things and show a good side to Garon, they're pretty much going: "Oh you want to play a Fire Emlem that's more like the old ones? Ok, but you'll be on the evil side and not have a happy ending".
That would be really lame.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Spoiler:

Years
Thanks to the Nintendo Treehouse streams, we now have localized names for some of the characters.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I don't think this has even been confirmed to be real yet. I'm...hoping it isn't, though, especially the Tharja lookalike.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • she/her, they/them
  • Seen yesterday
I'm pretty sure that they're gonna be bringing back the marriage and kids thing in Fates/If. The game already has a number of similarities to Awakening and the marriage+kids thing is a major part of that game.

I just hope that we aren't getting another plot about kids coming from a bleak future again. It was fine in Awakening but I'd rather that they don't do it twice, especially not in a row. There's admittedly a limited number of ways you can explain the existence of the characters' adult children being playable, but still....

Years
Marriage could work easily enough, but children are a different story. There aren't many details on the right now, but one of the children in the scan (which has been confirmed to be real) mentions something about an "other world" so the current theory is that they come from an alternate dimension rather than a different timeline, which could make sense given the theme of choice and the different versions but it still doesn't seem different from how it worked in Awakening. It does mention that the kids are tied to their fathers this time with the mother deciding the hair color, which is the opposite of what Awakening did, but that's it.

We'll just have to wait and see. The games come out in Japan next week, so it wont be too much longer.

Years
Spoiler:

computer-rage.gif

Why the psyduck did they bring this back? Time travelling kids was one of the stupidest plot points in Awakening (that's quite an achievement).

Every time I'm more inclined to just not buy this game and just play ROM hacks to get my FE fix, because they obviously no longer give a muk about what Fire Emblem used to be.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
If children is enough to turn you off. I think it's best for you to step back and just look away from Fire Emblem. Because children should be the least of your worries. But at the very least, it seems like the focal of the plot is not these kids, as the Gaiden chapters are supposedly unlocked right away when the a S-rank is achieved.

Spoiler:

Now to elaborate why children should be the least of your worries. Because I'm sure this is more than enough to tell me, that this is not going to bode well for you.

Years
Sorry to detract from the current topic. Just thought I'd inform y'all that Nintendo has officially confirmed that Fire Emblem Fates will be sold as two products in North America. As you may know, the two versions are called "Conquest" and "Birthright" in the west. There are also plans to distribute a third story as DLC. Nintendo also revealed that same-sex marriage will be a possible thing for the Avatar character and one character in each version of the game.

More details in this article:
http://nintendoeverything.com/fire-...2-versions-officially-confirmed-for-the-west/

Also, be careful of plot spoilers for these games on the internet, as they've just been released in Japan.

Years
If children is enough to turn you off. I think it's best for you to step back and just look away from Fire Emblem. Because children should be the least of your worries. But at the very least, it seems like the focal of the plot is not these kids, as the Gaiden chapters are supposedly unlocked right away when the a S-rank is achieved.

Spoiler:

Now to elaborate why children should be the least of your worries. Because I'm sure this is more than enough to tell me, that this is not going to bode well for you.

And now I'm 100% surely NEVER going to touch this game with a 10Km long pole.
The Fire Emblem I loved to play and got incredible satisfaction off of no longer exists.
I'd say gg but there's nothing g(ood) about this.
Maybe they'll one day bring this franchise back to their roots , but for now my last hope is Shouzou Kaga's new game gets shown off soon and is everything me and other veterans want.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I don't really see the big deal about time travelling kids? If there are characters, including kids that you don't like, then... you don't have to use them? I've been a fan of Fire Emblem since the 90s, and I don't think that a Fire Emblem game should be judged by that alone.

In fact, I honestly don't care about misc features; what I always look for is a decent challenge, and an memorable playable experience, which I hope Fire Emblem Fates will provide in their maps. At the same time, I think they're aiming to introduce more people to the series, which is just as important, imo~

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
The game is out in Japan already? I thought it was going to come out next month?

Also, saifors, you're really overeacting about this. We don't want this fanbase to end up like Metroid, where we purposefully isolate potential newcomers to the series with sheer elitism.

Arc

Years
JEIGEN HAS RETURNED.

Gunter growth rates.

HP: 15
STR: 5
MAG: 0
SKL: 5
SPD: 0
LUK: 15
DEF: 5
RES: 5

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • she/her, they/them
  • Seen yesterday
The game is out in Japan already? I thought it was going to come out next month?
No, it comes out tomorrow in Japan, but I heard that someone apparently got a copy early (like on Monday or so) and has posted some stuff already.

Arc

Years
No, it comes out tomorrow in Japan, but I heard that someone apparently got a copy early (like on Monday or so) and has posted some stuff already.
They've done more than post stuff early lol. They pretty much dumped the whole game. Most of the voice clips and a fair amount of the soundtrack has been released. All the portraits in the game, including the children, have been compiled. The text has been dumped, not in readable form, but it's there. They also got all the chapter summaries for the 3rd route.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • she/her, they/them
  • Seen yesterday
They've done more than post stuff early lol. They pretty much dumped the whole game. Most of the voice clips and a fair amount of the soundtrack has been released. All the portraits in the game, including the children, have been compiled. The text has been dumped, not in readable form, but it's there. They also got all the chapter summaries for the 3rd route.
Whoa, it was that much stuff? I didn't know how much info they dumped, but I didn't think it'd be as much as that.

Years
I wouldn't mind discussing gameplay for Fates, but I'd rather stay away from plot-related spoilers. The rest of you can talk about whatever, just please use spoiler tags when talking about plot in Fates.

Back