• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Curse of the Golden Hook - Epilogue

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Curse of the Golden Hook

Story

The crew surrounded the treasure chest, they had worked hard to get this far. The passage had not been smooth, many of their comrades had been lost on the way, but for a treasure this difficult to get to it was the only option. They had paved their way in blood; they hoped the sacrifice was worth it.

The Captain stepped forward, lifting the heavy lid of the old, wooden chest. The others looked on eagerly, their jaws dropping at the first glimpse of gold as their phenomenal haul was unveiled. Atop a pile of glistening coins and dazzling jewels sat their prize - Old Man Badger's prized golden hook.

"May those who touch it be granted their wish, but those with weakness will suffer...," the eldest pirate muttered the old wives' tale, his eyes fixated on the treasure.

With fifteen men to his crew, The Captain's brigade was able to drag, roll and shove the chest back to the ship. Their haul rested in the hull, bound carefully to the walls to stop the sea reclaiming the mythical prize.

The pirates didn't set sail that night, they waited for the light and warmth of dawn. But as the Captain slept, little did he know his crew had snuck down to the hull, wishing for their dreams to come true - 12 of strong hearts, 3 of weak.

All who lay eyes on my treasure will suffer an eternity of pain.

Gameplay

Three of the crew have been cursed, possessed by the souls of the dead. They must work together to gain majority against the Captain's Crew - once they exceed half the living players the cursed have won, and the treasure lost once more.

The Captain's Crew will win if they free their ship of the curse. If they do so all their wishes will come true...

As usual this mafia game will alternate between Night and Day. During the night, players may submit their secret actions by PM and may not talk in the thread - the cursed ones will also conspire to murder one of their former friends. During the day, players will have to interpret their findings and have The Captain command one crewmate to [walk the plank].

Rules to follow:
    • No dead posts please :).
    • Night Actions should be PM'd to me within 24 hours of the phase starting.
    • Day phases will run approx. 48 hours.
    • Voting is essential and you may not vote for yourself, or no-one.
    • No communication out of this thread and the cursed-ones skype chats.
    • Any misconduct may result in your character walking the plank.

Signing Up

Post in the thread below.
    Once you have been acknowledged please PM me:
    Username:
    Pirate Name:
    Role Category:
    What did you wish for? :

Your pirate name will be used in the narrative posts, unless your true identity is revealed. This means that there will be twice the guess work - matching roles and names to players to make sense of what is going on.

Your role will be randomly rolled depending on the category you pick. A list of most of the possible roles is found in the spoiler further down. For the most part, your alignment will not affect your role.

Category: Support - a role that may help their side by protecting their allies, healing, augmenting actions etc.
    Category: Detective - a role that finds out information on your fellow players.
    Category: Vendor - a role that gives items to other players.
    Category: Saboteur - a role that inhibits, messes with or even kills another player.
    Category: Random

Spoiler:

Players

Mana as The Narrator/The Captain
    Klippy as ????
    Nakuzami as ????
    Wizardman11 as ????
    nimsy as ????
    jdthebud as ????
    Bardothren as ????
    JohnnyMustang as ????
    Universe as ????
    Sopheria as ????
    Hopeless Masquerade as ????
    Davepetasprite^2 as ????
    Rozureido as ????
    Netto Azure as ????
    KetsuekiR as ????
    Ash as ????
    Juno as ????
    Lawlietta as ????
    Sparticus as ????
    Cheshire Cat as ????
    Golgari as ????

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    ARRRR I'M IN MATEY

Yes hello

Curse of the Golden Hook - Epilogue

Sign me up

Y'all are in and can send me your PMs when ready! :)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Two more spaces at this point :) will update the list when I'm next on my laptop.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen yesterday
    I know it's full now, but put me in when if someone dies of inactivity? :)

Back