• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat -- Autumn and/or Spring Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Mine craft isn't worth $15 in my opinion. If I have an urge to build stuff, I'll just pop in a simulation game like The Sims or Sim City. I just can't get into Minecraft. It's lacking something that I can't really put my finger on.

It lacks the ease that sandbox games are supposed to have. Making any tall or floating structure in the game is a chore because you have to build a platform to stand on just to make whatever you're building, and then after you make it you have to destroy your platform. That's just bad game design.

Detox

That sounds awful lol. maybe they wanted to make it realistic or something?

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    What? Of course you have to build a platform to build something floating in the air. How else would you do it?

Last edited:

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    That sounds awful lol. maybe they wanted to make it realistic or something?
    That's the problem with it. It's realistic.

What? Of course you have to build a platform to build something floating in the air how else would you do it? Randomly give us the ability to fly?

I'd rather have the ability to fly if it meant building things wouldn't be as tedious. And I really do like User Generated Content, don't get me wrong, but Minecraft is just boring. Halo: Reach does it much better with Forge mode.

Detox

I know, I talk about it too much ;;

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Minecraft is in a medieval setting, so no technology for flying.

I haven't played reach, so I don't know how the forge is, but forge on halo 3 was horrible.

Btw, there actually is a mod that allows you to fly in minecraft, as well as place large areas of blocks at a time, among other things.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Minecraft is in a medieval setting, so no technology for flying.

I haven't played reach, so I don't know how the forge is, but forge on halo 3 was horrible.

Btw, there actually is a mod that allows you to fly in minecraft, as well as place large areas of blocks at a time, among other things.

You know, realism really isn't a good excuse for making a game boring. If you have to make a game realistic while taking out the fun factor, you're not making a good game.

And trust me, the Forge on Halo: Reach is much better. You can phase the objects through each other and make the placements much more accurate.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years

You know, realism really isn't a good excuse for making a game boring. If you have to make a game realistic while taking out the fun factor, you're not making a good game.

And trust me, the Forge on Halo: Reach is much better. You can phase the objects through each other and make the placements much more accurate.
    Honestly, nothing about minecraft is realistic. It isn't even trying to be realistic.

Still, you can't have futuristic technology in the middle ages, even if you aren't trying to be realistic.

Detox

Well maybe if I understood what this game was about I could help out in this lol.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years

This should help.

It's a survival game, but also has a very creative side to it. The graphics are intentionally like that, btw.

Stratos99

Banned
    Years
    I heard Minecraft was originally intended to help autistic children develop their creativity in a controlled setting before basement dwellers took a liking to it. Then again they might be autistic as well.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Honestly, nothing about minecraft is realistic. It isn't even trying to be realistic.

Still, you can't have futuristic technology in the middle ages, even if you aren't trying to be realistic.

Um, what? Yes, you can. Final Fantasy often mixes futuristic technology in normally medieval settings and it works fine.

Well maybe if I understood what this game was about I could help out in this lol.

It's about nothing. You're just sent in the middle of nowhere and you have to alter the environment so you can survive.

Detox

Well that sounds boring, so all you do all game is alter enviornment?

I wouldnt even buy it lol.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    Minecraft isn't popular at my school nor is FF. The main games that are popular in my school are Super Smash Brothers brawl, Pokemon, and Halo. Oh by the way Phantasmagoria, I love your icon.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2011
    Perhaps it is one of those games that sound simple and yet it's much more than that? I wouldn't know, since I've never played it myself.

Thanks, AshPikastar. It's just an icon that I snagged from Livejournal, so it's not much.

Pokemon is more popular than I thought it was going to be when I first arrived at my school. Least, the cards, as well as YuGiOh and Magic.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    Gotta love Livejournal. They got a lot of good icons.

Pokemon is very popular at my school. I was pretty shocked as well since I thought High school would be the type that would pick on you for what shows you watch but its not really. I guess it depends on the schools.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2011
    They do. It's a good place to go when you don't feel like making your own.

Yeah. I've heard from others that they've had to hide their love for Pokemon at their school, but in mine I was even able to play my DS during some of my classes, and no one gave me two cents about it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back