• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat -- Autumn and/or Spring Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    yeah, zapdogre's right. television over here is pretty bad so i pretty much rely on torrents to satisfy my drama/thriller needs.

Akita

Returned
    Years
    TV? I mainly watch those real-life crime shows such as Forensic Files and America's Most Wanted.
    Then you'd love Cops. (Nice font ^)

I like intriguing series like Sherlock, Leverage, and Burn Notice. The majority of the shows they air are awful and/or a complete waste of space.

Who has time to watch a lot of TV, anyway? 15 channels would satisfy me.

Years

Then you'd love Cops. (Nice font ^)

I like intriguing series like Sherlock, Leverage, and Burn Notice. The majority of the shows they air are awful and/or a complete waste of space.

Who has time to watch a lot of TV, anyway? 15 channels would satisfy me.

I could live with 15 of my favorites or so. Burn Notice being one of them. ^__^ USA is a great network, seeing as half of my favorites are on it.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years

I could live with 15 of my favorites or so. Burn Notice being one of them. ^__^ USA is a great network, seeing as half of my favorites are on it.

Do you watch Law and Order: Criminal Intent on USA? My family loves that show (not to mention my mom has a slight crush on Vincent D'nofrio...XD)

For anybody who does watch it...is anybody else excited the D'nofrio and Kathryn Erbe are returning for the final season? I was shocked and excited to hear that. XD

Years
    I love television '-'
    I only get a few channels here in my apartment, which is awful compared to the millions [exaggeration] I got back at home ;_;

Television isn't all reality shows, and even then, some of those shows are good. It's just the common trend to ~hate~ them. n_n

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2012
    I recently(about two days ago) found out that I had a new channel, 3e, which is probably the best channel I get, but not nearly as good as your American channels :(

Bay

Years
    I love television '-'
    I only get a few channels here in my apartment, which is awful compared to the millions [exaggeration] I got back at home ;_;

Television isn't all reality shows, and even then, some of those shows are good. It's just the common trend to ~hate~ them. n_n
    Yeah, not all television are all reality shows, but most people hate them because, well, a lot of them really do suck. D: Then again, I guess it depends your preference on different types of reality shows. Even with not a lot of the shows being reality ones, half of the drama/action ones are more or less the same according to the previews of the new shows coming. ._.

Haspop

has pop.
    Years
    Like anything, TV has the good and the bad. I don't specifically hate reality shows- there are a few good ones- there just happens to be way too many poorly scripted ones.

Like Bay Alexison said, a lot of new shows aren't that different than a lot of other ones. TV stations just show what's popular at any given moment (which is unfortunate if you dislike what's currently popular).

So yeah, TV is boring for me. I'd much rather listen to music.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Did somebody say Burn Notice? That show is AWESOME. Seeing as it's set in Miami, I sometimes wonder what would happen if Michael Westen and Horatio Caine were to meet...

As for Law & Order: Criminal Intent, I kinda stopped watching it after Vincent D'Onofrio left the show. I might get back into it if he's gonna be back for the final season, though.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    Did somebody say Burn Notice? That show is AWESOME. Seeing as it's set in Miami, I sometimes wonder what would happen if Michael Westen and Horatio Caine were to meet...

As for Law & Order: Criminal Intent, I kinda stopped watching it after Vincent D'Onofrio left the show. I might get back into it if he's gonna be back for the final season, though.

You definitely should watch it when it comes back. I can't wait! *hops excitedly*

As for your Burn Notice comment, I was gonna try to think of a Horatio glasses pull joke, but I failed. T__T

Years
    Like anything, TV has the good and the bad. I don't specifically hate reality shows- there are a few good ones- there just happens to be way too many poorly scripted ones.

Like Bay Alexison said, a lot of new shows aren't that different than a lot of other ones. TV stations just show what's popular at any given moment (which is unfortunate if you dislike what's currently popular).

So yeah, TV is boring for me. I'd much rather listen to music.

Me too. Music is more in depth and in touch with the average man and woman more than TV. Depending on what music you listen to, you could never get bored.

While on the subject of TV, I watch mainly comedies. Modern Family and Curb Your Enthusiasm are my favorites, while I watch Family Guy, 30 Rock, SNL, and That 70's Show sometimes.

I haven't really gotten into any dramas, except Boardwalk Empire. That show is amazing.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2012
    I really like Criminal minds and CSI, probably because I'm into science and geeky stuff.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I'm kinda into Science and geeky stuff, but I don't necessarily like CSI OR Criminal Minds. :|

Years
    I'm a huge fan of crime dramas, my all time fave would be The Forgotten, which isn't on anymore iirc.
    It basically involved this group called the Forgotten Network identifying dead bodies, and solving the murder.
    The fact that it showed scenes of the person in the events leading to their murder with the victim's voice narrating really made it unique and captivating.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2012
    I'm a huge fan of crime dramas, my all time fave would be The Forgotten, which isn't on anymore iirc.
    It basically involved this group called the Forgotten Network identifying dead bodies, and solving the murder.
    The fact that it showed scenes of the person in the events leading to their murder with the victim's voice narrating really made it unique and captivating.

That sounds really interesting, I might look it up online. I love crime dramas too, as you've probably noticed ^_^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back