• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat -- Autumn and/or Spring Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    You're serious? Fallout 3 was one of the most boring games I have ever played. I don't know who thought it'd be a good idea to have a giant wasteland. Ooh, an apocalyptic city, how original.I can't really say anything about New Vegas, but it looks like the same buggy garbage as Fallout 3, just in a desert wasteland. Oooooh, the game is rusty instead of gray.

If you're going to make side quests your main selling point for a game, then you should stop developing games, especially when you forget to add the fun in it.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    As if the generic crap that Square Enix shoves down people's throats on a regular basis is actually better. Just admit that you hate Western developers and nonlinear gameplay already.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • As if the generic crap that Square Enix shoves down people's throats on a regular basis is actually better. Just admit that you hate Western developers and nonlinear gameplay already.
    I like Bethesda a lot, but even I have to admit that Fallout is seriously lacking.

Years
  • As if the generic crap that Square Enix shoves down people's throats on a regular basis is actually better. Just admit that you hate Western developers and nonlinear gameplay already.

I can always count on you to ruin what was an otherwise nice and civil conversation, Jack.

Opinions, opinions. Not everyone likes what you do, and vice-versa. Go whine about how bad Namco is in T&M.

Golden Sun is still better, though

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    As if the generic crap that Square Enix shoves down people's throats on a regular basis is actually better. Just admit that you hate Western developers and nonlinear gameplay already.
    I've found that a majority of members here prefer the far East formes of media and entertainment to Western.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    97410-wahmbulance.jpg

Because whenever I say something that doesn't completely agree with you, I must be a xenophobe of everything Western. Wonderful logic there. Maybe you should stop making it seem like Bethesda and Bioware are the speakers of Western developers. Valve, Naughty Dog, Guerilla Games, Bungie, and even Irrational Games are all Western studios(as far as I know) and they actually manage to make fun games.

And I don't hate nonlinear games either. I don't hate Bioware despite having lackluster combat. You need to get those demons of stupidity expelled from you immediately.

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years

• 97410-wahmbulance.jpg

Because whenever I say something that doesn't completely agree with you, I must be a xenophobe of everything Western. Wonderful logic there. Maybe you should stop making it seem like Bethesda and Bioware are the speakers of Western developers. Valve, Naughty Dog, Guerilla Games, Bungie, and even Irrational Games are all Western studios(as far as I know) and they actually manage to make fun games.

And I don't hate nonlinear games either. I don't hate Bioware despite having lackluster combat. You need to get those demons of stupidity expelled from you immediately.
    Dont forget Rockstar, Red Dead Redemption and GTA IV are great games. XD

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    I like Bethesda a lot, but even I have to admit that Fallout is seriously lacking.
    Never played the original Fallout games, have you? Then again, they were LONG before your time. There was a compilation rerelease, but good luck trying to find it now.

I can always count on you to ruin what was an otherwise nice and civil conversation, Jack.

Opinions, opinions. Not everyone likes what you do, and vice-versa. Go whine about how bad Namco is in T&M.

Golden Sun is still better, though

And I can always count on you to be oblivious and inattentive. There's no such thing as a nice and civil conversation in this place. Also, you will note that I specifically singled out Square Enix as emblematic of the malaise that has been afflicting the Japanese gaming industry for the past few years.

-snip annoying image macro-

Oh look, you can post an image macro. How is that relevant to the debate again?

Also, way to move the goalposts. The actual topic was the merits of Japanese "RPGs" and Western RPGs. Instead of actually discussing what you like about Japanese RPGs or further explaining what you didn't like about Fallout 3 (you're yet another person who hasn't played the first two), you namedrop studios that haven't developed or published any RPGs at all. What kind of point are you trying to make? What do the developers of Half-Life, Uncharted, Killzone, Halo, and Bioshock have to do with the developers of Fallout and Final Fantasy?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • The only Bethesda game I've played is Oblivion, which I'm playing now. (Well, not this moment but I've been playing it recently.)

I find it a little hard to get into simply because it's so open. @_@ I kind of prefer linear plots and characters because I don't get so damn sidetracked so easily! I told myself, in order to actually beat the game so I can get on to other things in my backlog, I'd only do the main quest threads and ignore everything else. That... has not been happening. :( I accidentally ended up in the DLC and now I've just given up on trying to beat it before the end of the year, lol.

It's definitely a matter of taste. x_X I have no attention span so dropping me in a world and letting me go wherever and do whatever is bad, because essentially nothing gets done, but stuff like FF13 was immensely boring exploration-wise. :( I wonder if there's a series that strikes a good balance? I kind of think the Tales of series it the only one I can think of but even that's pretty typical JRPG fare.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back