• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat -- Autumn and/or Spring Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I didn't really watch many cartoons until I was 7 and we got cable... and those two channels were my main two channels for a good 4 years or so until I started following sports. Oh, and I also would sometimes watch the Weather Channel because I was a little weather geek back then. XD

Hiche

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    I used to watch a lot of Disney, especially Mickey Mouse! I love(d) that cartoon. And the movies, like Aladin, and I forgot half of them..

On Cartoon Network, I used to watch Dexter, Cow and Chicken (weirded me out, though), I am Weasel, Johnny Bravo (my favorite!)..

Years
  • Don, I can imagine you'd be an amazing weatherman someday. XD

...I forgot about Cow and Chicken, even I am Weasel and Johnny Bravo, they're shows I actually loved as well because of their stupidity. I remember Cow and Chicken being my favourite show around the time I just entered Primary School, was at least...7 or 8 years old at the time.

I also loved Johnny Test because it seemed so surreal, but I never got to see much of it because it was eventually taken off air.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2011
    They stopped Drake and Josh? Maybe I'm just crazy, but I can remember that I saw this show about one week ago. Well, Drake and Josh was a good show, but it needs new episodes because the old ones are too old. I've seen them more than twenty times.

Hiche

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    Haha. I liked Johnny Test a lot, though the art was a tad weird to me. The red naked guy from Cow and Chicken made me have nightmares the first time I saw the show and his voice was annoying. Haha.

I don't like shows that air now, like Flap Jack, or whatever, they are disgusting.

AND HOW COULD I FORGET THE GRIM ADVENTURES OF BILLY AND MANDY? Was my favorite!

And KIDS NEXT DOOR! Those were the days!

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    The only cartoons I can remember from my childhood are Batman: The Animated Series, Animaniacs, and some other stuff that used to air on Fox. I didn't have cable or satellite back then, so no Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon for me.

Years
  • Cartoons have changed, but there are some classics that could wipe the floor with some of the dribble they call cartoons.

You can say that again. Though I suppose we would think like this because we grew up with these shows and channels.

Kids are growing up with this generation's cartoons and...well, whatever makes them happy, I guess? Makes me wish they could experience the sort of magic we did, but to them they'll probably see a kind of magic they'll look back upon in the shows that are being shown at present.

Hiche

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    Good thing I still have most of the cartoons on DVD. And we still have Boomerang!

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years

• You can say that again. Though I suppose we would think like this because we grew up with these shows and channels.

Kids are growing up with this generation's cartoons and...well, whatever makes them happy, I guess? Makes me wish they could experience the sort of magic we did, but to them they'll probably see a kind of magic they'll look back upon in the shows that are being shown at present.

YOU LUCKY PEOPLE OF LAST GENERATION AND YOUR BATMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES, AND YOUR ANIMANIACS, AND YOUR REN & STIMPY...

THE ONLY THING THIS GENERATION HAS IS AVATAR AND PHINEAS AND FERB. ;________;

Hiche

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    Anyone remembers Pinky and the Brain? :O I just remembered that amazing theme song!

Lickeh Lickeh

Lickilicky lover
    Years
  • The new cartons can't certainly beat the old ones. All the new ones are Disney lameo ones.

Dexter's Lab, Johnny Bravo, Catdog and Ed Ed and Eddy were my favorites.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back