• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat -- Winter and/or Summer Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capris

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    Oh come on, we can't even live without water. xD There's like no reason for us to call it bad because either way we do need it just to live.. lol.

And here's an article about grilled foods. https://cancer.about.com/od/foodguide/a/grillingmeat.htm

It's not the one I read before but if you google 'do grilled foods contribute to cancer' you can find a whole bunch of articles about it.

Years
    Oh come on, we can't even live without water. xD There's like no reason for us to call it bad because either way we do need it just to live.. lol.

And here's an article about grilled foods. https://cancer.about.com/od/foodguide/a/grillingmeat.htm

It's not the one I read before but if you google 'do grilled foods contribute to cancer' you can find a whole bunch of articles about it.

As long as you don't char or torch the meat you'll be fine. A medium or medium-rare steak would be fine. Or just cook at a lower temperature.

Capris

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    Excessive amounts of a lot of things can lead to possible development of cancer.

Isn't that the point? Lol.

I'm going back to my cancer free bubble now. Made with cancer free plastics!

Years
    Isn't that the point? Lol.

I'm going back to my cancer free bubble now. Made with cancer free plastics!

Well, mostly, but the way you were saying it is you eat that food and you get cancer! XD
    But oh well. It doesn't even matter. Unless you eat it all the time, every day, for years, it most likely won't happen.​

Capris

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    Yeah, no more eating or else we'll all die from cancer. We have to live off protein shakes now and those are never good. :x

groteske

lurker
    Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    Oh, I thought it was a stupid amount! XD
    But, I guess if it is every weekend, then it does add up. I can drink a hell of a lot if I am on it on a night out. But I never rarely do it all the time. So, I guess it just equals out! XD

Oh come on, I am a student! :P​

Nonono no, not exactly a stupid amount, but I drink rather quickly unless it's a porter, stout, anejo tequila, or Scotch.. obviously we had chosen none of those. I think most of the problem is the subsequent lack of sleep after a night of drinking; I forget to drink water before bed & get so dehydrated I'll crash around 4am, then pop up at 7am dying of thirst and completely awake.

Got anything crossed off your list? I think I may be the only girl who cannot stand vodka and cheap tequila. :|

hackerofdarkness

I have return
    Years
    In my perspective family guy sucks since it appears late at night when my eye balls are sizzling like eggs which means way to much stuff I been watching

groteske

lurker
    Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012

Anyway, I'll probably never drink, though smoking looks tempting...

.. .. wat?

Don't smoke: it's too expensive, too damaging, and it doesn't make you cool. You're probably going to try it anyway, so just remember to inhale lightly the first few times and don't try more than 1-2 at first. Your body has to adjust to the nicotine levels and it's a migraine-instigating, nauseous 15-20 minutes if you push it too quickly.. the first time I felt the nicotine high I said "HELLO, what was THAT", immediately burnt down three more, and felt like utter misery for 30 minutes afterwards.

I've only smoked for two years or so, and because I didn't do it often (at the peak, 10 a day) I could stop for a few days without huge withdrawal symptoms. Now I'll take maybe 1-2 a day, sometimes none at all, more on the weekends, and have no problem. Starting to smoke doesn't mean you get addicted right away or even at all.

Not trying to encourage anyone, btw. Just throwing out bits of knowledge from experience that I was never aware of until it happened.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Well I know that sleeping for long periods of time can screw your body up badly.

Heh, you're telling me. I used to sleep 10-11 hours a night two summers ago, and it just ruined me. lol

Got anything crossed off your list? I think I may be the only girl who cannot stand vodka and cheap tequila. :|

Nope, you're not alone. I tried Tequila. I tried vodka. Hated the taste.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I've had insomnia for the last few months. I'm on sleeping pills right now (trying to ween myself off them with no success) and if I don't set an alarm with them I easily sleep 10-12 hours. D: And then I just feel so, SO tired afterwards. I'd honestly rather get almost no sleep and be normal-tired rather than be groggy and sluggish and overtired from oversleeping. xD;

I tried tequila for the first time... last week, I think? I only had one shot since my dad bought a new bottle and I wanted a taste and it was awful. I can't do strong alcohol. x_x; I hate it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back