• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat -- Winter and/or Summer Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    I've had insomnia for the last few months. I'm on sleeping pills right now (trying to ween myself off them with no success) and if I don't set an alarm with them I easily sleep 10-12 hours. D: And then I just feel so, SO tired afterwards. I'd honestly rather get almost no sleep and be normal-tired rather than be groggy and sluggish and overtired from oversleeping. xD;

I tried tequila for the first time... last week, I think? I only had one shot since my dad bought a new bottle and I wanted a taste and it was awful. I can't do strong alcohol. x_x; I hate it.

I only have insomnia when I have a surplus of school assignments. 8D

I tried tequila last weekend at a club I went to. It was... bleach. Even with the salt and the lemon, it was terrifying. >.< Though, I've had worse tasting drinks.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I'd rather undersleep than oversleep myself. I really think it's a waste when I have all of the sleep I need. I sleep at around 12 AM and set my clock to wake me up at 8-9 AM.

And I don't drink much, but I'm more asocial than others, so I don't usually have the opportunity to hang out with friends at parties and get drunk. I can hold my alcohol, but it's not fun unless you're with friends.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    That is not insomnia, that is poor time management! *punts* >:O

Also why is it the DCC always shifts to alcohol discussion like once a week?

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I'd be asleep by now, but I find it damn near impossible to sleep unless I'm actually sleepy.

Well, it's better than talking about the weather.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Hi, my name is Kelsey and I am not a drunk :D

seriously, I think i'm one of the only ones in my group of friends who hasn't been smashed or tipsy. I'm just that cool |D

as for sleep, I <3 it when I can get it. my sleep schedule changes everyday since I have late classes on m/w (so I can sleep in) and then t/th I have to be up early. plus, I just got back to being able to stay up late recently, I got pretty sick at the end of the year last year and it drained me of my energy for about half a year.

Cherrim

Years
    I've been tipsy before but never drunk. :( I hate babysitting friends who are drunk.
    as for sleep, I <3 it when I can get it. my sleep schedule changes everyday since I have late classes on m/w (so I can sleep in) and then t/th I have to be up early. plus, I just got back to being able to stay up late recently, I got pretty sick at the end of the year last year and it drained me of my energy for about half a year.
    I kind of hate when that happens in a schedule. x_x; Mine are usually like that: really early classes on MWF and then afternoon classes on TTh... ugh! You stay up late on weekends and the nights before late classes and it makes you not tired on time for the early ones. Or else you're so tired from not sleeping enough for the early ones that you can't stay up late and so on. xD It is a vicious circle.

Margot

Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I've been tipsy before but never drunk. :( I hate babysitting friends who are drunk.

I kind of hate when that happens in a schedule. x_x; Mine are usually like that: really early classes on MWF and then afternoon classes on TTh... ugh! You stay up late on weekends and the nights before late classes and it makes you not tired on time for the early ones. Or else you're so tired from not sleeping enough for the early ones that you can't stay up late and so on. xD It is a vicious circle.

I hate babysitting drunk friends D: my friend recently got drunk for the first time, and she wanted to run EVERYWHERE so we had to chase her around my house :| and she kept running to the bathroom thinking it was taco bell and she didn't fall asleep until 8am. it was a magical night for all of us sober ones.

gah I'm realizing that now! at first it was like WHOO I CAN STAY UP LATE ON M/W! and then my body would get used to that and then I have to be up by 6am for my t/th/f classes. I have literally no energy for my 9am friday class, I don't know how I managed a 7:30am class my first year.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I hate babysitting drunk friends D: my friend recently got drunk for the first time, and she wanted to run EVERYWHERE so we had to chase her around my house :| and she kept running to the bathroom thinking it was taco bell and she didn't fall asleep until 8am. it was a magical night for all of us sober ones.

gah I'm realizing that now! at first it was like WHOO I CAN STAY UP LATE ON M/W! and then my body would get used to that and then I have to be up by 6am for my t/th/f classes. I have literally no energy for my 9am friday class, I don't know how I managed a 7:30am class my first year.

Sounds like my older sister there when she got 1000% drunk during a wedding party we both attended. It was an adventure when we had to drive her around the city, thinking she was in a music video.

Ugh, don't remind me of two semesters ago. I hated going to class at 8 am. There was a Journalism class that only offers 8 am classes, I had no choice but to sign up for it. Tuesdays/Thursdays are a pain in the butt...staying up till 11 pm-12 am and sleep till 5:30-6 am... ugh. I am never signing up for 8 am classes again.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I'm not much of a drinker.

I really have two things I go to. Wine or a Caesar. Both usually, with dinner or something. So, there's food involved. I don't understand getting drunk. I haven't been drunk. I don't want to be drunk. I never want to not be aware or coherent. I don't want to be numb.

Cherrim

Years
    I can understand the appeal of getting a little drunk. It makes a lot of people looser and more apt to open up and be fun and social but annoying!drunk is just... well, annoying.

@Kyoko: Omg 7:30am? And here I am complaining about 8:30 classes. D: That's gross!

Margot

Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022

Sounds like my older sister there when she got 1000% drunk during a wedding party we both attended. It was an adventure when we had to drive her around the city, thinking she was in a music video.

Ugh, don't remind me of two semesters ago. I hated going to class at 8 am. There was a Journalism class that only offers 8 am classes, I had no choice but to sign up for it. Tuesdays/Thursdays are a pain in the butt...staying up till 11 pm-12 am and sleep till 5:30-6 am... ugh. I am never signing up for 8 am classes again.

drunks can get prettyyyy crazy haha :P my best friend always drunk texts me at like 3am a couple times a week.

oh gosh, it's the worst when you have to take the class. and it's so funny because whenever I would hear my friends in college talking about not taking a class before 12pm, I never understood it, I thought morning classes would be better. don't feel that way anymore :D

but i'm not looking forward to taking an online intro to programming course this summer :| I need to take it and i've never done programming, so how this is even going to work online idfk. but it's only availabe online.

and TRIFORCE89, I agree. I would never want to not remember what I did or what happened to me :/

Cherrim

Years
    I do my best not to schedule anything before 10:30am or else I know I'll be tempted to skip it. x_x; To my credit, I made it to all but... I think 4 of my probability classes last term? And that's with insomnia so I'm pretty proud of that.

...but I never want to do it again. 8(

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    I never understood why people would drink really. to be loose, i dont get.
    I never drunk, maybe a few sips of beer but I hated it >.<

8am classes? Haha im still in public high school :O We start at 7:30am, I wake at 6am, once Im out of bed im awake and fine, haha.

Years
    I do my best not to schedule anything before 10:30am or else I know I'll be tempted to skip it. x_x; To my credit, I made it to all but... I think 4 of my probability classes last term? And that's with insomnia so I'm pretty proud of that.

...but I never want to do it again. 8(

Ugh I did that so many times too. x_x If I didn't sleep well the night before I used my 9:30 British Literature class to get some extra Z's.

Cherrim

Years
    I'm pretty sure one term I had an 8:30 class and I only went to the first one. <_< How I passed, I'll never know.

I think my high school started at 8:20. Not quite sure how I did that either.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back