• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat -- Winter and/or Summer Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I've never drank alcohol before, what's it like?

Good, you shouldn't until you've got the right age. Really. It damages brains and livers and whatnot.

Well, it's, like, dizzy. And you get emotional (at least I do). It's a widely accepted way to loosen up things at parties or feasts, but unfortunately, like with all things, some people just don't know when to stop :/

Rena Ryuugu

はぅ〜
    Years
    Good, you shouldn't until you've got the right age. Really. It damages brains and livers and whatnot.

Well, it's, like, dizzy. And you get emotional (at least I do). It's a widely accepted way to loosen up things at parties or feasts, but unfortunately, like with all things, some people just don't know when to stop :/

Just the idea of drinking scares me so much and I have no idea why. Like I am no where NEAR the age where I should be concerned about it, but it's terrifying to me.

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
    Years
    I tried a bit of beer once since my stepdad was drinking it. It was pretty disgusting, and I know I'm never gonna drink alcohol unless it's the kind served at church. The wine there tastes pretty good <3

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    The only alcohol I have ever drank is the wine at church, and the one time my mom's drink was sitting next to mine and I accidentally grabbed her drink instead of my water. XD I was like "*gulp* Woah that wasn't water!" But yeah, I don't intend to ever intentionally drink until I of am legal age, and even then, I doubt I'll drink very much.

Years

Yes, but in great quantities. You don't just drink a bit then get brain damage.
    Drinking is fine in moderation. I have been drinking for years and nothing is wrong with me.

Anyway, it all depends on the person. I never liked beer before, but the taste grew on me.​

Capris

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    I remember reading that a glass of red wine with your dinner or whatever is actually good for you. :o

I don't drink much myself but I love it when I do. I just don't have the opportunity that much.

Years
    Yes, but in great quantities. You don't just drink a bit then get brain damage.
    Drinking is fine in moderation. I have been drinking for years and nothing is wrong with me.

Anyway, it all depends on the person. I never liked beer before, but the taste grew on me.​

Are you sure about that?

Anyway, I'll probably never drink, though smoking looks tempting...

Capris

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    why would you not want to drink but find smoking tempting? >_>

At least you get something out of drinking, with smoking all you get is a sore throat, cancer and apparently temporary stress relieve. Which always translates into a headache whenever I give it a go.

Put it this way, if drinking instantly damaged your body, it wouldn't be legal.
    It would be classed as a drug and banned.

This would make more sense if marijuana was legalized and alcohol and cigarettes were illegal.

Years
    This would make more sense if marijuana was legalized and alcohol and cigarettes were illegal.

See, it is a very interesting debate over drugs being legalized, since some aren't addictive and so on.
    But, the government make a lot of money from tax off those two substances.

ALSO! A tip on smoking coming from a ex-smoker. It is a horrid thing that leaves you with a foul taste in your mouth. The only reason I did it was for stress relief, because it did work. But it isn't worth it for the consequences.​

Capris

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    Nope, eating grilled foods gives you cancer! We're all going to die! D:

Years
    A lot is just myths and not actually true, but the main are obvious.
    On a funny note, according to a STUPID newspaper in the UK (Daily Mail), water can give you cancer. Can't remember their reason, but google 'daily mail cancer list' and have a lol!​

Rena Ryuugu

はぅ〜
    Years
    Hahaha, cancer I'm not sure about, but one of my mums friends basically only drank water and she ended up having a stroke, so it's still not entirely good for you :T

Capris

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    Nope I'm serious, it has something to do with the carcinogens created through the heating process and the charred bits left on the food. Obviously it's not as bad as smoking a cigarette but I thought it was fitting to mention since it was brought up that everything is secretly bad for us. xD

I'll go look for the article I found on it now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back