• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat -- Winter and/or Summer Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    True, but burns can happen faster. Something like hypothermia takes a while to sink in unless you're in like water or really exposed to cold elements.

I stuck my tongue on a pole once, as a dare. I miss those taste buds...

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    Also, I just looked up some heated sunglasses. They exist.
    And some are actually pretty stylish. o3o

Awesome!
    I wonder if heated jackets exist as well. I was gonna say underwear, but then thought to myself that it might cause burns. xDD

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Nah, that's only in the winter. In the Summer it's 70 F. lol

And it's not a problem unless you actually go outside. lol

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    No snow yet this year... there was a teensy bit at night earlier in the year, but almost none of it stuck.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    Blah. Rain. Yuck. We had that most of last summer.

At least, it's not that cold. Hahaha. :P

Yeah I dont trust those signs(walgreens) :P I have a pic that says
    -169 f
    -196 f something like that

I think I saw a red sky, but oh well.

The coldest I been in I think was 2*F, I was out in jeans (not really but something of the sort) gym pants i guess?
    and a t-shirt

Now to add heat :P I decided to go one a bike ride in 110*F with a jacket on.
    Im weird D:

We got a lil snow few weeks ago, maybe not again..

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years

Yeah I dont trust those signs(walgreens) :P I have a pic that says
    -169 f
    -196 f something like that

I think I saw a red sky, but oh well.

The coldest I been in I think was 2*F, I was out in jeans (not really but something of the sort) gym pants i guess?
    and a t-shirt

Now to add heat :P I decided to go one a bike ride in 110*F with a jacket on.
    Im weird D:

We got a lil snow few weeks ago, maybe not again..
    Haha, nah. I'm the same way. I could easily wear a coat in 110, and still be comfortable. The cold is a bit harder for me, but I can take it better than most people.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    There's like one happening every year, but the one in 2017 will happen for the entire North American continent and parts of South America.

EDIT: Pretty time lapse

Years
    Why would you miss hurricanes...?
    I've lived through a few of them that weren't even direct [I live quite a distance from the ocean, but we still got major rain/etc from the bigger hurricanes] and they're rather unpleasant.
    I'm all for rain, but, hurricanes are just awful.
    And, it's not fun at ALL to drive in @_@

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    I've lived through a few of them that weren't even direct [I live quite a distance from the ocean, but we still got major rain/etc from the bigger hurricanes] and they're rather unpleasant.

They are all awful, but I just love them for some reason. I used to live in Puerto Rico when I younger and we had multiple hits every year. Like a tradition.
    Besides, it hardly rain in Florida.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Some people think they're fun/exciting, because you get trapped in your house with your family/friends, and it's just an overall exciting/unusual feeling/experience. (I'm actually talking about Typhoons in Japan, but it's close enough. lol)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back