• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat -- Winter and/or Summer Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023

Believe what you want. The people who aren't trying to be an old, unfunny troll actually believe me, so yeah(and those who actually know me).

I'm just kiddin', you know I love ya Derk.

Luck's not a troll.

I've met, seen, and unfortunately done worse. He's mediocre, and he can't do much due to this board's laws.

So he's just a pest it seems, no offense.

Anyway I have a major headache, stupid glare of my laptop.
    No problem. I'm more bothered by the fact that someone openly insults a person and says no offense. That's like if I walked up to someone I barely knew and said "I'll do your mouth! loljk!!!1111!!1!"

It's just something I can't let go of.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years

Kay, find a photo to have in the corner and choose background colour and stuff (PM me details). XD

Ohhhhhhhhhh. :((((
    /forgot that fact

WELL! When you become a supporter one day, remind me. XD

I love how popular McPadding is considering how people thought it sucked at first.

:((((((((((
    One day... one day....

SHOWER TIME!

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
    I love saying no offence D: But I only say it when I'm jokingly insulting people who I know (think) won't take any offence in the first place (People who I really don't intend to offend)
    CAN it even be said seriously? 0.0

Years
    The funny thing about 'no offense' is 9 time out of 10 it is followed by a rather offensive remark. But because you said 'no offense' before it makes it fine... XDDD​

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    It's the new way to say "to put it bluntly".

In other words, you're about to (or just did) state facts and/or opinions that might have hurt, and it's like a warning label on a toy or something "May Cause Seizures" but of course nobody reads those and they all get seizures just like nobody listens to "no offense" and usually takes offense anyway.

If you're actually serious, you usually say the aforementioned blunt line, "I don't mean to offend you, but..." or something of the kind.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    If I get my parcel in the mail and not get ripped off of $20, I'll give you a Tier 1 gift card. :D I'm nice that way.

I just had to. That oppertunity stood there.

Have fun!

@Forever: Will do. When I get up tomorrow morning. /massive migrane

Oh would you! That would be so kind! *Hopes you don't get ripped off*

Hassan_Abdillah

Wayfarer
    Years
    Oooh, semantics! I love those!

Well most of the times I use "no offense" when theres a possibility of the person Im talking to to adhere to the opinion that Im criticizing. Like "no offense but facebook is a waste of time" (the underlying premise here is the person Im talking to has a facebook addiction).

Otherwise if I am actually intending to constructively criticize a person, I usually follow speech patterns like "please do consider this sincere advice and not bashing on my part". This really helps the person buy what Im talking about, because Ive demonstrated my sincerity beforehand :)

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I have heard of the "No Offence" term before, and from my understanding it's primarily used when you're about to offend someone. For once I'd like to see someone use the term in a completely unrelated manner, like "No offence, but do you know what the time is?"
    It's similar to the terms "I don't mean to be racist, but..." or "No Homo". Although I've never had to use those lines, I would like to use them completely outside of their original context, let's say "for teh lulz". :P

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    The last time said "no offense" to me, it was at work. I proceeded to say no stop before you say anything else don't say no offensive because you actually mean to offend or else you wouldn't be saying it in the first place. So if you think that your remark may not be offensive you would use that tag in the first place. Then she proceeded to get pissed, good times, good times.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    The last time said "no offense" to me, it was at work. I proceeded to say no stop before you say anything else don't say no offensive because you actually mean to offend or else you wouldn't be saying it in the first place. So if you think that your remark may not be offensive you would use that tag in the first place. Then she proceeded to get pissed, good times, good times.

You should have said: "No offense but don't say no offense before you say anything to me. It's clearly a cop out."

Mind bender, wat.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    The last time someone said "no offense" to me, it was at work. I proceeded to say no stop before you say anything else. Don't say no offensive because you actually mean to offend or else you wouldn't be saying it in the first place. So if you think that your remark may not be offensive you wouldn't use that tag in the first place. Then she proceeded to get pissed, good times, good times.

*Corrected*

I thought "they" do it like this "u mad". Or saying somebodies got some butthurt going on.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    Im back,sorry i was not on for like 2 days i had to look into taking up classes for my ged and a few other details but now my life is back to pokemon day and night except for when i got class.

So wats new ?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back