• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat -- Winter and/or Summer Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Any hardcore fans can be just as annoying; they're only so visible because they're so young. '-'
    I like Justin Bieber, and I think it's really been getting overrated to hate on him / call him a girl / make puberty jokes.

It's just tactless. I mean, throw as much shade as you want - it's not gonna change how talented he is, or how strong his fanbase is. u_u;;

That being said, I cannot wait to see Never Say Never.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
  • I'm just not a fan of in the now type music. I like Artists/Bands with staying power. Songs that'll be remembered 50 years after release.

Or a remote resemblance to originality or an artistic soul.

/Insert Lady Gaga vid or something here

Bieber has neither. He's generic pop star #36. He'll slowly slip away and then, after he retires, he'll fall into obscurity. /Inserts $0.02

Also, I'm not a big fan of Gaga, but I see her appeal. People are drawn to the bizarre. :U

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I like Greyson chance a lot more. He actually has made an attempt to write his own music, and won't adopt a "gangsta" persona.

MirroRz

You sure?
    Years
  • I honestly don't care about Justin Bieber anymore. Why should I waste my time hating on his music when there are better things I have to do? I used to really hate him and think he's cheesy(in fact, I still do think he's cheesy), but I realize that he made it this far because he had some form of talent, right? So I guess I respect him enough for that. Other than that, he has nothing to do with me and I have nothing to do with him.

I'll stick with my Evanescence and Flyleaf, thanks.

I don't go out of my way to hate on him, that's just my opinion whenever he's brought up. As far as talent goes, all you need is a catchy song that'll get radio plays nowadays. The music industry is pretty whack right now. I mean we still got cats keepin' it real (Check Eminem, Nas, Royce Da 5'9, Lupe isn't bad either..), but for the most part the mainstream is ehh at best. It's all the same, and alot of the "hip-hop", isn't. JB falls into this category.

Now I'm not gonna hate on anyone for liking Bieber, to each their own, but saying he's an amazing artist and super talented is pushing it. Props to the kid though, he's young and thus has potential.

Also wanna mention Beaver didn't get out there cause of his music, he knows Usher.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I like Greyson chance a lot more. He actually has made an attempt to write his own music, and won't adopt a "gangsta" persona.

He's so talented! I saw his cover of Paparazzi online and I was blown away. I saw some of his original stuff, too, and he's quite good.

And regarding my last comment about Beliebers, I really shouldn't talk; I used to have an unhealthy obsession with Cobra Starship when I was younger sooooo... XD;

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013

Is it funny that I still remember this?

I have an obsession with Evanescence, Flyleaf, and September. :D; I have a thing for electronica music and some rock, I know. ♥

Well, I made it pretty obvious. And kind of obnoxiously so, as well. XDD

Right now, I've been getting all into the Canadiana and have been listening nonstop to Metric, Arcade Fire, Tegan and Sara, and City and Colour. My musical taste changes quite frequently but right now I'm into a more mellow and acoustic mood.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Way to stereotype what people like :C

Before you comment on stuff, do you ever wonder "this seems like I don't know the whole story. I better not comment without fully understanding what's going!" Just wondering.

usami

biohazard
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    As a 16 year old gay boy, I'm kind of offended though, to be honest.

Tyler, go eat.

Years
  • I really want some fries or something. IDEK. But, most good places are closed by now.
    Clearly, when I get back from going home this weekend I should go to the grocery store o3o

Rafflesia

i26
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2013
    Chinese food makes me terribly sick but I tend to eat it anyway. I also tend to eat cheese all the time even though eating too much of it gives me the runs.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Though I actually don't mind his "Baby" song. XD Me and my friend have discussed various slash things... XD

A coworker of mine (straight and all) wears a Bieber sticker and claims they are boyfriends.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I see people with Britney gifs. Did the video of "Hold it Against Me" debuted? I heard she was really good.

CHINESE FOOD. YUMMY. <3 Chow Mein & egg rolls.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    The world premiere was earlier tonight. :) I personally liked it; I thought it looked cool. And Britney was gorgeous as always~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back